Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Kelly No Longer Working With Alightme- Safety Concerns Or Simply Business Issues?

I don't understand this. People sound unstable.

The man has lost his practice credentials at THREE hospitals. You have to seriously mess up, not just one death, to lose your credentials.

A patient has died and there was no good reason given.

MANY COORDINATORS are no longer willing to refer patients to him anymore.

A woman who wanted him to be her doctor wrote a post about him LYING to her.

And instead of being thankful that you made it through ok, and running for the freaking hills if you're not a patient yet, you all accuse ALL THE COORDINATORS of trying to ruin his business?

The coordinators AND the hospitals?

What is wrong with you people????!!!!!!

Maybe the man is on drugs, maybe he's had a mental breakdown, whatever. The medical profession in Mexico is leaving him alone and yet Americans, based only on the reports of other Americans, with absolutely no inside knowledge of what's going on in Mexico, have said THEY'RE ALL WRONG.

I'm speechless. It's like the great guy that's caught molesting his daughter and everybody refuses to believe it until he confesses. There is something wrong here.

I worry a little when I see someone post that he or she had "no pain, no gas, no nausea." I guess this is possible, but it is unlikely. Limited amount yes, but none at all? Maybe it's a difference in how pain and discomfort are described. Also, whether someone felt he or she didn't experience these things really has very little to do with the skill of the surgeon. You could have a surgery that is perfect from a technical standpoint and still experience pain, gas, and/or nausea.

This post was started last year. I'm curious as to why it's been recycled. First of all - I'd like to address the issue of pain, nausea and gas. Once again I'd like to state- for the record - I didn't have any. Why is that so hard to believe? Moving on - please name the three hospitals Dr Kelly is no longer permitted to work in. That rumor has been circulating for over a year and a half. He has priveledges wherever he chooses to go. Not all the "hospitals" in Mexico are truly hospitals the way we think of them in the states. Dr Kelly traded up in some respects by performing his operations in better facilities. Dr Kelly performed my surgery in florence Hospital. It's older but clean. I had excellent care and he was an excellent surgeon. Name the three hospitals so that anyone interested in using Dr Kelly next month can call those three hospitals and check him out for themselves. Evidently you have an ax to grind. I haven't been on this website for awhile but I've noticed a few "experts" who have posting about drains. Last year no one used them. They didn't seem to be necessary. I didn't have or need one and neither did the other 40-50 people I met on this and two other sites. Now all of a sudden people are saying they wouldn't consider using a doctor who didn't insert a drain. The only 1 or two people I know who got drains had slight complications right after their surgery.

Lets address the death of the patient. One death. One. Dr Kelly has been practicing for YEARS. many doctors have patients that die on the table. That's right. Right here in the Unites States. People have to understand there is a risk when you have surgery. My lawyer went for a colonoscopy and had a heart attack during the procedure. Is that rare? Certainly. But it happened. Who's fault was that?

My surgery with Dr Kelly was perfect. It was a non event in that I had no complications etc. I stay in touch with another woman who had surgery the same day as me and she's fine too. Leave dr Kelly alone and move on. We're here to support each other - not make up crap about FACS physicians. Why don't you look that up? Dr Kelly is one of the only surgeons in Mexico who is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Is yours? .

I don't think you should post topics like this without getting the facts. alighterme is a coordinator company who had a contract with Dr.Kelly. The contract is now up and Dr.Kelly no longer wants to work for them because they DO NOT DO THEIR SURGERIES AT A HOSPITAL. IT'S A LITTLE CLOSET LIKE ROOM. I had my surgery with Dr.Kelly at florence hospital and it was great. Dr.kelly books his own surgeries and doesn't use a coordinator services anymore. a lighter me spreads rumours about fake "safety concerns" for any doctor that doesn't want to use them anymore.

Also Dr.Kelly has NOT lost his credentials like the rumours some people are spreading!! He did have a patient die AFTER the surgery from a pulmonary embolism. SHE LIED ABOUT NOT TAKING MEDICATION AND THAT WAS A CONTRIBUTING FACTOR. THE AUTOPSY ALSO SHOWED SHE WOULD HAVE DIED WITHIN WEEKS OF THE SURGERY FROM THE EMBOLISM ANYWAY. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU SPREAD FALSE INFORMATION!

I don't think you should post topics like this without getting the facts. alighterme is a coordinator company who had a contract with Dr.Kelly. The contract is now up and Dr.Kelly no longer wants to work for them because they DO NOT DO THEIR SURGERIES AT A HOSPITAL. IT'S A LITTLE CLOSET LIKE ROOM. I had my surgery with Dr.Kelly at florence hospital and it was great. Dr.kelly books his own surgeries and doesn't use a coordinator services anymore. a lighter me spreads rumours about fake "safety concerns" for any doctor that doesn't want to use them anymore.

Also Dr.Kelly has NOT lost his credentials like the rumours some people are spreading!! He did have a patient die AFTER the surgery from a pulmonary embolism. SHE LIED ABOUT NOT TAKING MEDICATION AND THAT WAS A CONTRIBUTING FACTOR. THE AUTOPSY ALSO SHOWED SHE WOULD HAVE DIED WITHIN WEEKS OF THE SURGERY FROM THE EMBOLISM ANYWAY. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE YOU SPREAD FALSE INFORMATION!

Dr. Kelly uses coordinators now. Last I heard he is with MBC in TJ.

We're here to support each other - not make up crap about FACS physicians. Why don't you look that up? Dr Kelly is one of the only surgeons in Mexico who is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. Is yours? .

Yes! Dr. Ariel Ortiz, FACS Obesity Control Center

He is finishing his contract with MBC and not going back with them. The coordinators just want to line their own pockets. He books his own surgeries and has hired Lora Lee his personal assistant instead of using a coordinator. He usually operates at the Oasis of Hope hospital but he is now offering surgeries at a Hospital Angeles as well for an additional fee (if you want surgery at that hospital to cover the hospital fee)

You can contact his personal assistant Lora at:

info@wlsclinic.com

to contact Dr. Kelly please email him at drramoskelly@wlsclinic.com

The office phone is -619-793-4869

websites are http://www.wlsclinic.com and http://www.drramoskelly.com

I had my leak test at Hospital Angeles. It's probably comparable to any major hospital in the US. Patients who chose to have their surgery there will pay quite a bit more. Having had my surgery at Oasis of Hope/ Florence Hospital I can testify to the cleanliness of the hospital and competency of the staff.

I'm having surgery with Dr Kelly Monday. I find it amusing how everyone believes that these other surgeons in Mexico have had no deaths. Pull your head out of the sand. The mortality rate for a bariatric surgery excluding the band is 1 in 400. If you truly believe that Dr Aceves or Alvarez have had no deaths you are in major denial. If they have preformed thousands of surgeries they have had deaths. Sure they don't advertise it, but the only reason people know about Dr Kelly's death of a patient is because the deceased patient befriended a member of the boards and they posted it. ALM wouldn't know about a death. I seriously can't believe how many people believe their surgeon who has preformed thousands of surgeries haven't experiences major complications and death in the riskiest population of all. You seriously believe that?

ALM takes thousands of dollars from a surgeon for each booking forcing them to perform more surgeries. If I was a surgeon that has performed almost 7,000 surgeries, has the FACS designation, the American College of Bariatric Surgeons approval/membership I wouldn't pay someone thousands of dollars to schedule me either.

Regardless of whom you choose, do you use a coordinator to schedule with your PCP, cardiologist, ect here in the states. Does your Dr pay someone thousands of dollars to a coordinate and hunt heads? Nope. I've worked in healthcare for a long time and with very few exceptions all of the surgeons I know work in ONE hospital.

I spent a long, long time researching surgeons. I even tried to trick his scheduler Lora into suggesting another surgeon to make sure she wasn't a coordinator. So far it has been a wonderful experience and I have no reason to believe the rest of the experience will be anything but.

Well, my surgery is Monday. My BMI is 49.9 so I could use all the prayers and thoughts that I can get because surgery in my condition is plain risky.

I'm having surgery with Dr Kelly Monday. I find it amusing how everyone believes that these other surgeons in Mexico have had no deaths. Pull your head out of the sand. The mortality rate for a bariatric surgery excluding the band is 1 in 400. If you truly believe that Dr Aceves or Alvarez have had no deaths you are in major denial. If they have preformed thousands of surgeries they have had deaths. Sure they don't advertise it' date=' but the only reason people know about Dr Kelly's death of a patient is because the deceased patient befriended a member of the boards and they posted it. ALM wouldn't know about a death. I seriously can't believe how many people believe their surgeon who has preformed thousands of surgeries haven't experiences major complications and death in the riskiest population of all. You seriously believe that?

ALM takes thousands of dollars from a surgeon for each booking forcing them to perform more surgeries. If I was a surgeon that has performed almost 7,000 surgeries, has the FACS designation, the American College of Bariatric Surgeons approval/membership I wouldn't pay someone thousands of dollars to schedule me either.

Regardless of whom you choose, do you use a coordinator to schedule with your PCP, cardiologist, ect here in the states. Does your Dr pay someone thousands of dollars to a coordinate and hunt heads? Nope. I've worked in healthcare for a long time and with very few exceptions all of the surgeons I know work in ONE hospital.

I spent a long, long time researching surgeons. I even tried to trick his scheduler Lora into suggesting another surgeon to make sure she wasn't a coordinator. So far it has been a wonderful experience and I have no reason to believe the rest of the experience will be anything but.

Well, my surgery is Monday. My BMI is 49.9 so I could use all the prayers and thoughts that I can get because surgery in my condition is plain risky.[/quote']

I went to Dr. Aceves knowing well in advance his surgical history. Whether he had any deaths, leaks, and the circumstances of both.

Eyes wide open.

The only reason I didn't choose Dr. Kelly was, whether it is circumstantial or of his own doing, drama seems to be lurking. I'm not throwing stones. I'm not casting blame. Merely opining.

How do you know his surgical history? Because he told you so?

There was an incidence on another place that Dr Aceves claimed he had only preformed 10 DS, then a few weeks later in an interview with him claimed he has done 300.

I wasn't born yesterday, maybe some of you were?

For the record I'm not putting down ANY surgeons who operate on the riskiest population. It just cracks me up that people believe everything their surgeon tells you even when the statistics show it's impossible.

I've been a lurker on this board for a while btw. I'm not new.

How do you know his surgical history? Because he told you so?

There was an incidence on another place that Dr Aceves claimed he had only preformed 10 DS' date=' then a few weeks later in an interview with him claimed he has done 300.

I wasn't born yesterday, maybe some of you were?

For the record I'm not putting down ANY surgeons who operate on the riskiest population. It just cracks me up that people believe everything their surgeon tells you even when the statistics show it's impossible.

I've been a lurker on this board for a while btw. I'm not new.[/quote']

An incident on another place? Very detailed and specific. :-p

I know his surgical history because it was disclosed to me by Nina, his coordinator. She was up front. I took her at her word. I would have found it very hard to believe that a surgeon with 25 years of surgical experience, 17 years experience in laparoscopic surgery, and 14 years of which are in bariatrics have never had a complication. And I was never lead to believe that was the case. I was not in the market to buy oceanfront property in Arizona. Nor swampland in Florida. Fortunately they did not try and sell me either.

I would never attempt to malign Dr. Kelly's experience, skill, nor his integrity. I read MeasureOfMe's experience and was moved by her experience and how caring and skilled Dr. Kelly was depicted as being. I do not doubt her word either.

God bless you for your trusting spirit. I personally wouldn't believe a coordinator fully either. I've worked in US hospitals for quite a while and know how many "incidents"

get swept under the rug whether they were unavoidable or human error.

I'm sure the more popular surgeons do 3 surgeries 5 days per week (many more if you have an agency taking a huge chunk) for let's say 45 weeks. That's 675 surgeries per year. Somehow all the surgeons in Mexico have defied the US odds of 1 in 400 deaths in 20 years? Yeh ok.

I'm really not trying to be pessimistic. It's simply impossible and because a coordinator told you so isn't good enough for me. This goes for any surgeon in MX.

You have a great day, and although this post sounds negative I really just mean to interject a dose of reality. Just because the forums talk about a death doesn't mean that's the only one. I guarantee the majority of people getting the VGS aren't on the forums so you aren't getting the full story on anyone.

God bless you for your trusting spirit. I personally wouldn't believe a coordinator fully either. I've worked in US hospitals for quite a while and know how many "incidents"

get swept under the rug whether they were unavoidable or human error.

I'm sure the more popular surgeons do 3 surgeries 5 days per week (many more if you have an agency taking a huge chunk) for let's say 45 weeks. That's 675 surgeries per year. Somehow all the surgeons in Mexico have defied the US odds of 1 in 400 deaths in 20 years? Yeh ok.

I'm really not trying to be pessimistic. It's simply impossible and because a coordinator told you so isn't good enough for me. This goes for any surgeon in MX.

You have a great day' date=' and although this post sounds negative I really just mean to interject a dose of reality. Just because the forums talk about a death doesn't mean that's the only one. I guarantee the majority of people getting the VGS aren't on the forums so you aren't getting the full story on anyone.[/quote']

My surgery is over and done with. 5 weeks this coming Monday. My care with Dr. Aceves was excellent.

I do know he does 2-3 surgeries a day. He is very skilled and I felt like the care I received exceeded my expectations.