Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Different We Really Are

jhope: This is great! Congrats on your decisioin! Why be bummed about never getting to eat a meal again? That is not true. Your meals will just be alot smaller and more healthy. Plus food will be less costly for you. I find this totally awesome. We don't need all the food we ate in the past anyways. I feel much better about myself and more confident in everything I do. Eat less and smile......... It's fantastic! ;)

I replyed twice now, thats how great you are all at relating the procedure and the rewards to me on a daily walk basis. I am so happy to see your all doing it. It seemed so drastic, I was scared.

I am 5'1" and weight DOS was 232. I was wearing a size 2x in tops and a 20/22 in pants. I am large chested and I hope to not lose much of those but am willing to buy some new ones if that is the price I must pay. LOL!!. I am hoping to get down to 130 ultimately and below 180 by May. My 30th birthday is May 23rd and I am hoping for some massive weight loss by then! 4 days postop and I haven't weighed yet. I will on day 7.

I use to be 5’9 but when I was weighed and measured pre-op I was 5’7. My highest was 303 and I was a 24-22, I am currently in a 20 women’s jeans that are a bit baggy I have a goal pair of jeans that are a regular 20 (Gap) with no stretch that I want to get in next month. My tops were 2 and 3X but I am now in xl. I currently only weigh in with my doctor, there are too many things that I need to focus on outside of the scale for now, but the last time I weighed in I was 260.

At surgery I was 302 lbs, 5' 7.5" wearing size 24 and 2X tops. I am almost 5 months out and I currently weigh 232 lbs and am wearing loose 20s, tight 18s and XL tops from the normal section. My pant sizes are going down slowly. I've had two vertical c-sections in the past 5 years and I have quite the "spare tire". When I measured that presurgery the tape measure was too short. I was about 63" at the hips. Now my hips are 53".... so I am steadily working toward those smaller sizes. Can't wait!

Started:

4/28/2010

4'11"

207 lbs

Size: 18

Now:

1/30/2012

4'11"

108 lbs (as of this morning)

Size: 0/2

Yay. Maintained this weight for the last 9 months :)

I am 5'8 and started my journey at 303 wearing a size 42 pants and 3xl shirts, on my surgery date june 21, 2011 i was 273 wearing a size 40 pants and 2xl shirts. Now i am at 181lbs wear a size 34 pants prob could do a 32 but my 34s are comfy and i wear a size L shirt for the most part some size med depending on the shirt

I am 55 and I started at 254, in a size 22. Three months of pre-op diet later, I weighed 222 and was comfy in my size 18 pants. By the time I could comfortably wear jeans again, I was in a 16. Now, 8 1/2 months out, my size 8/10s are too big but I'm waiting a little to get a smaller size because new jeans are goal reward for me.

I took my measurements the other day and they are 39(hips) 29, 35. At my current weight when I was younger, my hips were bigger and waist and bust was smaller. I am also 3/4" shorter than I was in my 20s.

Body shapes are so different! I expect to wear a 6/8 at goal weight of 135.

Lynda

I am 55 and I started at 254, in a size 22. Three months of pre-op diet later, I weighed 222 and was comfy in my size 18 pants. By the time I could comfortably wear jeans again, I was in a 16. Now, 8 1/2 months out, my size 8/10s are too big but I'm waiting a little to get a smaller size because new jeans are goal reward for me.

I took my measurements the other day and they are 39(hips) 29, 35. At my current weight when I was younger, my hips were bigger and waist and bust was smaller. I am also 3/4" shorter than I was in my 20s.

Body shapes are so different! I expect to wear a 6/8 at goal weight of 135.

Lynda

Go girl! Ye Haaa, Now thats what Im talking about, not only do I need to get my surgery bag started, but now Im looking at single men with big trucks! Looking to be involved in a mans life and road hogging all next summer. I feel I have been in a coma for the last 6 years. Im ready to be awakened. Your a great inspiration, keep it up!

At my heaviest I was in a 22-24 bottoms and 2x top bra size 42D

Today I am wearing size 12 bottoms and a large top and 38B

woo hoo! Clothes are so cute now. no more Lane Bryant for this girl.

I am

5'10"

I currently weigh 196...doctor's scale said 193 :). I wear a 12 top. I could not fit in 14 express jeans and lane Bryant 14 is too big for me now. So I really do not know. I fit in 12 dresses. 14 is too big. I need to buy long jeans and the 14's I tried on were regulars so maybe that is why they don't fit? I am still in a shopping funk and do not like the mall. I am still intimidated by the non fat girl stores. I also can feel my hip bone right under my skin so I am not 100% sure if my hips would ever let me get into a size 8.

I am 56 and 5'3". Prior to surgery I weighed 268 and wore size 24/26 and size 3X tops.

I was sleeved on December 9, and today I weigh 232. My clothing size hasn't changed much, though. Certainly, the clothes I have are baggier than they were before, but I tend to carry most of my weight in my stomach, and that doesn't seem to have shrunk much at all (maybe I still have some swelling? I hope?). I do see changes in my face, arms, legs.

I can't imagine I would ever get down to a size 8; I would be thrilled at a size 12.

I am 32 5' 1.5" day of surgery I was 228 - size 20/22 pants 2x top

today - 7 months later - 1 weigh 162 - size 12 pants m/l tops ...

My surgery is the 8th, I am 37. I am 5' 7 1/2", and I weigh 242. I wear mostly 20's and xxl tops 'cause I don't have very big boobs! Hope what I do have doesn't go away... I've never been under a size 16, so anything under that would be thrilling!

At preop I was 285 & size 24 bottoms/ 2x tops. At 8 1/2 months out I weigh 172 this am & size 12 jeans/ 10 in work slacks & a Medium in tops. I have a looot of baggy skin though. I'm 5'6 - goal weight 150?