Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just Got Out Of Surgery...

Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that I had my surgery today and doing awesome.. Well, besides falling alseep at the tablet,, lol.. I have already been up sitting so the next action is to pee..lol.. Sorry tmi... I just hope tomorrow is this great.. My surgery was about an hour long and only in recovery few a short time.. Sorry this is not much but right now I cant stay awake.. Just having a shout out to say I am fine and thanks for all the prayers...

Yay! I was thinking about you today - glad everything went well and I hope you have a good recovery and trip home from MX!

I am happy that you are doing so well. It sounds like you are on your way to a smooth recovery. I sleep alot the first day too and felt really good the next day. So take it easy and rest..

A heating pad on your abdomin can help with gas. Or a damp towel in a ziploc bag microwaved til warm.

That's wonderful! My surgey is scheduled for this coming Wed. the 25th...I'm not sure what to expect or how I will feel when it's all said and done-but looking forward to the "new" me. Sunshine I wish you nothing but the best on your road to recovery! Can someone give me an idea of what I may experience (pain-wise) after the surgery?...

I was sleeved on Jan 10 and have had no pain. I am closing out the last of my 2 week clear liquid diet and glad to add some additional liquids as full liquid diet is next.

Good luck on your surgery and the recovery process. I am doing great and so will you.

Patti

Welcome to the loser's bench!! Glad to hear that it went well and you've started your journey!!! :)

Sounds like you are recovering well so far! Congrats!

Hey, thanks to all.. I'm still doing really well.. Been walking the hospital several times tonight.. So to answer the question to the one lady, I would say that everyone is different in how they handle pain.. I have a pretty high pain threshold but I also think on the first day they give you so much drugs that you are never in pain.. The people here are soooo nice and they want you to be comfortable.. Tomorrow will be the true test of how much the pain will be.. they also gave me a spinal block in surgery which gives a little more pain meds to your tummy... I am so glad I have joined this journey and found new friends in sleevers..

PS thanks for the advice on the heating pad.. I am using it again.. Ok so I am still druged up so i will head back to bed.. THANKS AGAIN.. Kisses to all...

Congrats, you're now over the hardest physical part

So glad you are doing so well...just keep walking and sipping!

I had surgery done on Jan. 25th and got out Jan. 26th...Surgery was a success! It's been almost a week now and as the days go by I'm starting to feel better. I still do suffer the "gastric air pains" in my tummy-more or so at night when trying to lay down to sleep. I noticed I can't lay down for too long without having to sit up for awhile.This usually occurs at odd hours in the middle of the night....Not a good feeling...Is there anything else I can do besides walk and take my pain meds to get rid of those pains? Does anyone else experience this? When I take my medication I feel fine...I've already lost 7 pounds and have my follow up appointment Wed. I know this is only temporary but can be very uncomfortable at times! Overall I feel great about my decision and I'm actually looking forward to summer this year and the new me! The liquid diet is just what I need right now, trying to take it slow and get those Proteins in. The Bariatric Advantage Vitamins are worth every dollar and are pretty tasty! I'm 5'4" currently at 230lbs, want to get down to at least 160lbs! I'll be 29 soon so I know the weight will just drop! I can't wait to see the new me during this transfomation! I quit smoking after 8 years and my high blood pressure went away, even before the surgery...I wish everyone the best of luck with their journeys and was hoping to get advice to get rid of those pains! Please advise! ~Kia~

Hey guys, just wanted to let you all know that I had my surgery today and doing awesome.. Well, besides falling alseep at the tablet,, lol.. I have already been up sitting so the next action is to pee..lol.. Sorry tmi... I just hope tomorrow is this great.. My surgery was about an hour long and only in recovery few a short time.. Sorry this is not much but right now I cant stay awake.. Just having a shout out to say I am fine and thanks for all the prayers...

wonderful news :) Welcome to the losers bench!! continue to walk sip and rest - and get better!! Hugs!!

Congrats, sliding down the loser's bench.