Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Just Sucked The Cheese Off A Dorito And It Was So Satisfying.

Its been only 1 week since I've been sleeved and I cheated already. I took one of my sons Dorito chips and licked all the good stuff off of it. I am so struggling with my food addiction. Has anyone done anything similar to this. Please tell me I'm not alone.

I guarantee you're not alone, however, please, deal with the addiction. Seek help with counseling so you don't repeat the behaviour of food addiction. The sleeve doesn't fix your food addiction.

I second counseling! If you are already cheating this early out- what will you be doing at 3 weeks... Or 3 months.... Or 3 years?

I am so sorry you're dealing with this. Something that helped me get through all the icky times was to make a list of things I was looking forward to, kind of a "reasons why I did this" list. There are several posts on this forum about this, and having a personal list was great, too--because when you achieve them, you can check them off and see what rewards you have gained by sticking with your surgeon's and nutritionist's advice.

Hugs to you. Sounds like it's hard right now; I hope you have support in place or have a plan to get counseling support in place. We're here and we've all been where you are. But you're on the loser's bench now, and very soon your life will feel so very different! Hang in there--you did this for YOU.

I have not even thought to do such a thing, even at four weeks . I would definitely try to get some help with your food addiction. I think you could be in for problems if you don't heed the instructions of your surgeon. Maybe give their office a call and ask where you could get some support on this?

I wish good things for you!

Also one week out today and I cracked up a little when I saw the title of this thread because I actually considered doing something like this!

My daughter was chowing down on Ritz sour cream and onion crackers and Chips/Crackers are one of my trigger foods. I could smell the seasoning! The moment passed and I didn't do it thankfully, but I totally understand what you mean!

I'm not sure if it is so much the "food addiction" as it is the fact that I miss having different flavors outside of Jello, yogurt, and Protein shakes! Hang in there ... we will be eating more normal foods soon! :)

I think it gets better when you actually start eating solids! Hang in there!

Thank to the few or you for making me feel human and not judging me. I was hoping to hear that I wasnt alone in my thinking. I am looking into counseling but this was purely a weak moment of wanting something different that Soup and shakes. I did make Jello for the first time today and it was tasty. Thanks for listening and the advice.

Don't beat yourself up. I've heard way worse stories or confessions at WLS meetings I go to. Like melting chocolate bars and then drinking them. I'm not sleeved yet but I bet that thought will cross my mind after weeks of fluids only! :) I see some people on here chew and spit so you are deffinately not alone.

Stay strong and the Fluid faze will be over soon

Chew and spit is just another form of food addiction gone wild. NOT a good practice to get into because it can lead to worsening of our eating disorders.

As for licking the flavoring off a dorito, that's a little weird. It definitely would point me in the direction of therapy...and, since you don't know me from Adam's houseplants, I DO see a therapist to deal with my own food addictions and other issues.

Good luck with your journey!! :)

I've heard that a lot of people do this ... they chew, but don't swallow (sorta like "not inhaling"?) ... No, you shouldn't make this a habit, but you are DEFINITELY normal.

Those first few weeks are hard. You spend a lot of time resting and relaxing which leaves a lot of time to obsess about food. Just take it day by day, hour by hour, and minute by minute. It will get better and MUCH easier once you move to solids.

Good luck!

LOL...of course some of us are struggling. I have struggled too, but it is not worth the cheat. However, you licked the spice off of a corn chip. Maybe a cheese Soup?

Haha I started laughing when I saw the title of this thread! I totally did the same thing when I got home (one can only handle clears for so long), and actually got grossed out because it was so salty. I think we all have disordered eating/a food addiction, or else we wouldn't have ended up in the surgery boat. Hang in there! I came into my surgery with an eating disorder and haven't even thought about it since. Its been amazing!

Licking the cheese off a doritos is not that bad. I caught myself eating a bite of a twix candy bar about 2 weeks out. I had to remind myself that I could get really sick with eating sugar. I was shocked that it was such an automatic behavior. Yes it does happen, but use your coping skills to stop the thoughts that leads to eating stuff we shouldn't eat. ;)

I am going on 4 weeks out and feel like crap at this very time for eating a half of a hamburger. Literally feel like garbage.

No judgement. We are all in this journey and it is not an easy one.