Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing Slow At Very Beginning?

Sleeved on 11/26 and down 25lbs. I had a 3 week stall at only 20lbs lost. I keep telling myself at least I'm losing but sometimes it's difficult not to get frustrated and disappointed. I work out 5-6 days a week and get more than enough Water so maybe I should adjust my calorie intake or up my Protein. For now I'm just continuing on my journey and hoping the numbers on the scale keep getting smaller no matter how long it takes!

I feel you!! Sleeved nov 13th and I've lost 19 pounds :-/

Add me to the slow loser list!! :angry:

Tomorrow is 4 weeks post op and I have only lost 11 pounds. REALLY???? I lost more weight during my one week pre-op diet than I have in the month after surgery.

Surgery weight 202 (lost 15 pounds during one week pre-op liquid diet)

week one -6

week two -0...zero, zilch, notta!!

week three -4

week four -1

Add me to the slow loser list!! :angry:

Tomorrow is 4 weeks post op and I have only lost 11 pounds. REALLY???? I lost more weight during my one week pre-op diet than I have in the month after surgery.

Surgery weight 202 (lost 15 pounds during one week pre-op liquid diet)

week one -6

week two -0...zero, zilch, notta!!

week three -4

week four -1

Think of it like this ....in about a months time you lost 26 lbs ...that is a LOT for a low BMI. Your body is probably trying to figure it out. You can't compare yourself to someone who is 350 lbs and loses 30 lbs the first month.

You don't list your stats but lets say you are 5'4 with a goal weight 130. You started 217. You are now 191. That means you have lost 30% of your excess body weight in 1 month!! 30%!

Of course you need to adjust the stats for your actual height but still ....that is pretty awesome !

I still struggle with Water and im 8 months out.

Me too. Water has been the most challenging thing for me with this whole process.... Yesterday I started using a straw and let me tell you, it has helped a lot! I have no idea why but I can get it down MUCH better and faster.

Think of it like this ....in about a months time you lost 26 lbs ...that is a LOT for a low BMI. Your body is probably trying to figure it out. You can't compare yourself to someone who is 350 lbs and loses 30 lbs the first month.

You don't list your stats but lets say you are 5'4 with a goal weight 130. You started 217. You are now 191. That means you have lost 30% of your excess body weight in 1 month!! 30%!

Of course you need to adjust the stats for your actual height but still ....that is pretty awesome !

Thank you soo much, sure looks alot different when you look at it this way. =)

By the way I am 5'2"!! lol

Can you tell me how you figured that so I can do it for myself in the future? Thank you!

Add me to the slow losers list, surgey date November 19th, down 32 since then. Ship I guess I'm averaging 10 pounds a month, but I lost a lot the first month, so the past 2 months I think I lost about 5-7 pounds per month. I'm hoping that even though I'm a slow loser it continues at this pace, I don't think I could take it if it slowed any more!

Add me to the slow losers list, surgey date November 19th, down 32 since then. Ship I guess I'm averaging 10 pounds a month, but I lost a lot the first month, so the past 2 months I think I lost about 5-7 pounds per month. I'm hoping that even though I'm a slow loser it continues at this pace, I don't think I could take it if it slowed any more!

Hi! You're right, if it gets any slower I'm going to lose my mind! How many calories are you eating a day? I see some people are only eating 500 or 600 and some are eating 1000....it's all over the map. I try to stay around 800 but I'm worried maybe that is too much and that is why it's going so slow..... how about you?

Dana

Hi! You're right, if it gets any slower I'm going to lose my mind! How many calories are you eating a day? I see some people are only eating 500 or 600 and some are eating 1000....it's all over the map. I try to stay around 800 but I'm worried maybe that is too much and that is why it's going so slow..... how about you?

Dana

I have lost 50 pounds since my surgery on 11/12/2012. It is a lil frustrating because it seems like it should be going faster. I want out of the 200's already. I am eating about 600 calories a day just this last week about 650-700 on a really good day. My dr said I should be eating 900-1000 and I just started crying. I have trouble eating and drinking and try to make really good choices with my food. And if you are making really good choices it's hard to get in the calories. Most things for a serving are around 80-100 calories. I drink 2 Protein shakes a day just to get in some calories so I can't imagen trying to eat more. It's hard. I'm told it gets better over time. But I'm kind of scared for it to. And it's hard for me to try new foods because most new foods I try make me sick. I do eat a lot of Soup. Most of my meals consist of Soup or Protein Shakes. I want real food! Ive noticed that I have to get in at least 32 ounces of Water to keep things moving and try to make sure I eat no less than 600 calories a day. If I eat less my body thinks it's starving. So nothing starts moving. I am currently on a two week stall BUT I can tell the inches are coming off. Pants I could wear last week are now to big. So I think we need to realize that our bodies are going through such BIG BIG changes that sometimes it needs time to catch up. And that just because the pounds aren't coming off, the inches are. Just think~ not more than 3 months ago none of us would have been able to loose that much weight within this short amount of time. So I say as long as we are moving in the right direction~YAY US!!

I am curious though, has anyone noticed when they exercise that they stall or gain weight? Every time I exercise I stall and as soon as I stop, I start loosing again. And this last time I gained a pound. What in the world is that about?

I have lost 50 pounds since my surgery on 11/12/2012. It is a lil frustrating because it seems like it should be going faster. I want out of the 200's already. I am eating about 600 calories a day just this last week about 650-700 on a really good day. My dr said I should be eating 900-1000 and I just started crying. I have trouble eating and drinking and try to make really good choices with my food. And if you are making really good choices it's hard to get in the calories. Most things for a serving are around 80-100 calories. I drink 2 Protein shakes a day just to get in some calories so I can't imagen trying to eat more. It's hard. I'm told it gets better over time. But I'm kind of scared for it to. And it's hard for me to try new foods because most new foods I try make me sick. I do eat a lot of Soup. Most of my meals consist of soup or Protein Shakes. I want real food! Ive noticed that I have to get in at least 32 ounces of Water to keep things moving and try to make sure I eat no less than 600 calories a day. If I eat less my body thinks it's starving. So nothing starts moving. I am currently on a two week stall BUT I can tell the inches are coming off. Pants I could wear last week are now to big. So I think we need to realize that our bodies are going through such BIG BIG changes that sometimes it needs time to catch up. And that just because the pounds aren't coming off' date=' the inches are. Just think~ not more than 3 months ago none of us would have been able to loose that much weight within this short amount of time. So I say as long as we are moving in the right direction~YAY US!!

I am curious though, has anyone noticed when they exercise that they stall or gain weight? Every time I exercise I stall and as soon as I stop, I start loosing again. And this last time I gained a pound. What in the world is that about?[/quote']

I don't think 50 pounds in a little over 3 months it's a slow at all! Good job!

Surgery 12/21

25 lbs Lost

I will hit the two month post-op mark in 3 days and today I had my second post-op appointment with the nurse practitioner.....she said she would have liked to see more weight loss but that there are so many variables that come into play that it is hard to pinpoint any one thing as a reason for the slow weight loss ( which of course all of us slow losers know well) I asked about calories and she said she never really gives calories -- just Protein goals, which I find very frustrating. I told her I was eating about 800 calories give or take a hundred. She wants me to up my calories to 1000 and see what happens, which I am hesitant to do because I will freak out if I gain ANY weight.

Anyway, she wants me to go back to doing two shakes a day, one real food meal and two Protein Snacks.

I see people here who are eating 500, 600, 900, 1200...etc It is all over the map.

Has anyone else raised their calories and magically started losing faster?

Hi Dana,

I meet with my surgeon again a little less than a month from now for my four month follow up..

I'm already stressing out about it because of my weight loss :(

I just talked to a girl he sleeved the same day that has lost 35 more pounds than me so far..

I know my surgeon going to look at me crazy!

Oh and the calorie thing I'm scared to go higher!!!

I'm headed to the PA this week, not sure what she's going to say. My nutritionist upped my calories to 1100 last week, (I negotiated this, she wanted 1200, I wanted 900 and we settled for 1100) and it has stalled me this week. Early on, I wasn't too worried about losing slow, now I am getting more and more frustrated. The weight is coming off, about 2 lbs a week, but geeze this is what stopped me from trying to lose the old fashioned way before. Hitting the gym every day like crazy, eating not much and only losing a couple of pounds at a time just sucks.

Surgery 12/21

25 lbs Lost

I will hit the two month post-op mark in 3 days and today I had my second post-op appointment with the nurse practitioner.....she said she would have liked to see more weight loss but that there are so many variables that come into play that it is hard to pinpoint any one thing as a reason for the slow weight loss ( which of course all of us slow losers know well) I asked about calories and she said she never really gives calories -- just Protein goals' date=' which I find very frustrating. I told her I was eating about 800 calories give or take a hundred. She wants me to up my calories to 1000 and see what happens, which I am hesitant to do because I will freak out if I gain ANY weight.

Anyway, she wants me to go back to doing two shakes a day, one real food meal and two Protein Snacks.

I see people here who are eating 500, 600, 900, 1200...etc It is all over the map.

Has anyone else raised their calories and magically started losing faster?[/quote']

Hi Dana :)

When I have a week or two where I don't lose much if anything (or even go up)- I up my calories and carbs for one day and the 4 times I have tried this- I have lost 3-5lbs. Then I go back to my normal low-ish carb high protein. It has worked well for me!

I'm headed to the PA this week' date=' not sure what she's going to say. My nutritionist upped my calories to 1100 last week, (I negotiated this, she wanted 1200, I wanted 900 and we settled for 1100) and it has stalled me this week. Early on, I wasn't too worried about losing slow, now I am getting more and more frustrated. The weight is coming off, about 2 lbs a week, but geeze this is what stopped me from trying to lose the old fashioned way before. Hitting the gym every day like crazy, eating not much and only losing a couple of pounds at a time just sucks.[/quote']

I eat anywhere from 559 to 750 calories a day I don't know I just "feel" like it would be even worse for me if I ate more.. One day I hit 900 but that was because I ate a little cake.

I know, I told her this, but she was insistent. I was like, I don't where it's going to go, because I'm full when I eat now. She wants me to eat more meals, and again, I'm like I don't want to graze....I know she's doing the right thing, but god its hard.

I'm jealous you ate cake...