Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

Melancholy today... I wish I could shake it.

I've had a great last two days. Which included foods that I have avoided like the plague since surgery. Bread' date=' a couple bites of sweets and alcohol.. It's because of birthday celebrations and a wild party I went to yesterday.

I just weighed and now the scale tells me I'm down again.. From 171 (stuck at over two months) to 169 a few days ago to just now 166? I'm confused, happy, and sad.

I have been so strict with this sleeved life (diet) since the beginning. My mind is STILL that of a food addict but I fight it everyday! Sometimes every moment of every day.

Is this a fluke? Is it an answer? Have I been to strict? I don't know..

And I guess that's what makes me melancholy we've all done this and some of us have been doing this for years before the sleeve. But being sleeved was supposed to be different, work still, but different.

I don't know if this rambling make any sense.

But I have a lot on my mind.[/quote']

Oops no time for melancholically! When I struggle with this I reframe it to being totally grateful for dropping some lbs. it doesn't really make since at time and can be totally overwhelming. But you got this ! :)

Hi guys I have been lurking and considering joining in.

I am 14 1/2 months out (April 2012) and I have not had any weight loss for 10 weeks. I think that it is partially that I have taken my eye off the ball. So listening to everyone doing the 5:2 it seems that it gets you to refocus.

I do not have a copy of the book but have I got the 'rules' right. You fast (500 calories) on 2 days of he week and eat 'normally' on the other 5 days. There should be a 12 hour gap before and after eating on fast days eg. If you have Breakfast at 7.00 am on a fast day then you should not eat after 7.00pm on the previous day and if your last fast meal is 8.00pm then you should not have Breakfast before 8.00am on the morning after the fast day. A Q do you only have 2 meals on the fast day or can you have as many as you want so long as you o not exceed 500 calories? Also can you exercise on a fast day?

Thanks for any help/ advice you can offer

Cathy

there is some flexibility in how it is done. The idea is it takes about 8 hours to use up the calories from your last meal... so anything after that gives the body a rest, and starts to convert energy from body fat. The way you said would work fine. You can get more details here: http://www.52fastdiet.co.uk/index.php?sid=951444da3ecc9484188abbd29627957a

I have my last meal/snack on a normal day at around 8pm or so...I have breakfast (Protein drink 8am), cut up veggies and hummus for lunch(11:30am) and a higher Protein dinner with over half of the calories(6-7pm). I then stop eating till the following morning- regular day. It is working for me so far, I am only one week out. Some people only have dinner on fast day and use all the calories at once. You can exercise on fast days, you can read more about it at the 52fastdiet site. I still count calories and protein on regular days, and prepare my food for fast day the night before so I don't have to make it up as I go along in the face of a little hunger.

Oops no time for melancholically! When I struggle with this I reframe it to being totally grateful for dropping some lbs. it doesn't really make since at time and can be totally overwhelming. But you got this ! :)

Ok I'm over myself a bit now. :) I don't know what was going on this morning. It's funny I stepped on that scale intending to see a gain after two days of celebrations only to see one of the biggest losses I've had since starting this.

I don't know I just lost it and cried it just was confusing this whole thing is confusing somedays!

Anyway I got out and faced the day wearing something I bought a couple of days ago in a smaller size. :)

A little sun some deep breathing and some shopping/ errand running put me back into the right frame of mind!

Today is a fast day, weighed this morning and still at 191.2, so I didn't "gain" back after my NORM day. Tomorrow I start traveling so I will be fasting unintentionally (military travelling-don't ask), I'll be living off some Protein Bars for at least 3 days.

I'm in ...thanks for the accountability!

I'm in ...thanks for the accountability!

Hi Unshakled! Welcome!

Quick question... are you talking about the 5:2 diet some of us are trying out right now? You were sleeved in March? I don't think the people here would recommend the 5:2 for fresh sleevers.... the sleeve will do a lot of the work for you during the "honeymoon phase"(first year) Most everyone here is over a year and have not reached goal yet....or is very close to it and slowed down to a crawl. Let us be the lab rats for this, and when you get to a year, if it has worked for us, you can jump in then! I am not your mom, or your Dr or Nut, but Im sure they would tell you the same thing...just my 2 cents. Best of luck to you, the sleeve is great and accountability is the best tool in the box!

Birthday Saturday AND Sunday with the folks. Had two pieces of cake on sunday, but only went over cal goal by about 300.... not THAT off track for a birthday treat..and yummy. Did wake up with a 2 pound bounce. I am changing my "recover" day from T-T to M-Ths... spread them out a little bit more. Its funny, I kinda missed the recovery day over the weekend. Off to work...

Hi y'all. I've been lurking for a while & I am joining the 5:2. I am 13 months out. Approximately 22 pounds from goal. I was stuck from January to May when I had my corset trunkplasty. I dropped almost 20 pounds after surgery (he removed 12 pounds) & I am still holding probably 3-4 pounds of swelling. The last week I am back to not losing weight so I want to try this & see if it keeps things moving. I will be doing fast days on Mondays and Wednesdays. I really want to get to goal.

Kristie

FYE... defo going to join you next week on the Mon and Thurs slots for fasting... feels like too long in between, but will stick with it for this week!

Coops and FYE, I agree. Might do 4:3 this week just to see if I like for a while til get back to goal. Like FYE, I'm liking the fact that I consciously eat less and can't eat more on NF days and logging everything has really kept on track. Good week to all. Lets do this !

And Kristie, welcome!

I am going to join in on this for the 4:3 days. I have a high bounce of a couple of lbs and it's frightening. I got in my head that I was in maintenance and everything went to heXX! So back on track. I know I can't relax on this ever. So tuesday, thursday and saturday will be my fasting days.....Got my hubby doing this too. He read the article on how this could help diabetes and he couldn't eat dinner that night, came home, drank Water, didn't use his insulin and woke up the next morning with bs levels at 88. He's in now. Yayyyyyyyyyyy! Thank you so much. Now let's see if I can get back on track... :)

I really like the word "bounce" because that's what a normal weighted person does with their weight! It's not like they are 123 every flipping day of the week!

On that note I'm going to stick with the 5:2 over the 4:3 and at the moment and keep it at Tuesday, Thursday. I actually thought about Monday and Thursday to spread it out at bit but then I realized that tues & Thursday incorporate Wednesday a bit too. And there is something about that continuous flow that I think I like..

Ms skinniness wonderful about your husband!

I read a little about that and I think it's great if it works!

One of the reasons I had the sleeve was to get healthy enough to get off my high blood pressure meds even with them it wasn't being controlled very well :( my weight loss is good but being off the meds is GREAT! I don't have the impending doom type feeling of "I'm going to die anytime now" and that's is an awesome thing:)

I am going to join in on this for the 4:3 days. I have a high bounce of a couple of lbs and it's frightening. I got in my head that I was in maintenance and everything went to heXX! So back on track. I know I can't relax on this ever. So tuesday, thursday and saturday will be my fasting days.....Got my hubby doing this too. He read the article on how this could help diabetes and he couldn't eat dinner that night, came home, drank Water, didn't use his insulin and woke up the next morning with bs levels at 88. He's in now. Yayyyyyyyyyyy! Thank you so much. Now let's see if I can get back on track... :)

FYI- Research from the 5:2 website says:

For people who choose to fast more often:

* The weekly loss doing 4:3 is pretty much the same as with 5:2 at around 1lb per week (158 users)

and the 5:2 is easier to stick to.

FYI- Research from the 5:2 website says:

For people who choose to fast more often:

* The weekly loss doing 4:3 is pretty much the same as with 5:2 at around 1lb per week (158 users)

and the 5:2 is easier to stick to.

That is wild. I think the effect of fasting is what is working here, as the calories saved are not driving this if the outcomes are the same for 5:2 and 4:3. This is one of the reasons I do 18:8s on my fast days. Working well so far -- I'm at the end of my third fast day. I rely on eggs, dairy and chicken together with raw veg on these days... :-)

It's crazy to just lose 1 lb weekly whether it 5:2 or 4:3. I'm going to stick to the 5:2 days. I've also been learning about the role our Leptin Hormones that are our fat burning hormones play on our systems. Check this site and tell me what you thing. :P

http://www.thefatburninghormone.com/30-sec-trick2/?SID=23foods-dwnld-ar&Referer=http%3A%2F%2Fus-mg6.mail.yahoo.com%2Fneo%2Flaunch%3F.rand%3D131430244%26action%3DshowLetter%26umid%3D2_0_0_1_11404659_AE1K2kIAAKrwUaizugKTvHYci7E%26box%3DInbox&e=0