Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

Georgia, looking good! Yes we are around the same weight but yours is stretched out over 4 more inches than me ( shorty here at 5'4).

Ok I'm ready for today! Tonight is going to interesting though. I'm meeting another member here for the first time, she's in town on a convention. We are taking our sons to the boardwalk in Santa Cruz. I wonder how I will feel being faced with boardwalk food? On the other hand it's probably a good thing it's a fast day! Can you imagine me there if it were a feed day!

So we are similar weights too... but you have two inches on me ...lol... that gotta make you feel better? heheheee

Walk over to the wharf and have a crab cocktail from the Stagnaros walk up window. 3 oz. of dungeness is 93 calories and packs 19 grams of Protein. Top it with a smidge of cocktail sauce and some lemon. Yum!

Lynda

Yum the squid is really good there too' date=' not fried just lovely tentacles in all of their glory. I might save some calories for that tonight!!

So we are similar weights too... but you have two inches on me ...lol... that gotta make you feel better? heheheee

Lol!!!!

.... wonder how I will feel being faced with boardwalk food? On the other hand it's probably a good thing it's a fast day! Can you imagine me there if it were a feed day!

Stick a bag of cut up veggies in a baggie in your pocket!

Ok it's early and I'm up. I think my choices yesterday were ok but not great.. I stayed well within the fasting guide lines but for the first time since starting this I went to bed hungry! And had a really difficult time sleeping all night because of it. It's funny my last meal consisted of prawns (4) but they really didn't stick with me like a meal of Greek yogurt!

But sleep. I had another thought about that

#1 we need it!

But # 2 I'm not as sleepy as I have been for months now I think my energy level has definitely been upped... I was not a stranger to a cat nap in the last couple of months, but realized last night I haven't been feeling sleepy at all mid day!

Edit;

WOW. Ok went to bed hungry, all night hungry..

Fast forward to just now I got my Greek yogurt ready, sat down to eat. 3 bites FULL?

Weird, restriction has been somewhat elusive lately, but not today!

You know, Laura, my choices WERE good and I was hungry too! Lol. But I persevered! Yaay me!

I was a little hungry in the pm too, my DH begged me to cook him dinner... so I did, and had to taste test... but I managed to eat about 3 pinto Beans, and about a t spoon of rice. Not to bad considering the circumstances! Yaay me too!

I was a little hungry in the pm too' date=' my DH begged me to cook him dinner... so I did, and had to taste test... but I managed to eat about 3 pinto Beans, and about a t spoon of rice. Not to bad considering the circumstances! Yaay me too![/quote']

I just find this all so interesting! I don't think I really, really believed the restriction would be there long term. Lol. But it is!! And hopefully, on the GOOD path to freedom in living a good life and making wise choices. ????

I just find this all so interesting! I don't think I really, really believed the restriction would be there long term. Lol. But it is!! And hopefully, on the GOOD path to freedom in living a good life and making wise choices.

I agree Georgia! There are days that I am always surprised at how good my restriction still is. Of course, some days I feel like I can eat more, other days less, it just depends.

We are all doing so fab! Very proud. Yesterday was a normal day and I met friends we haven't seen for months at a Mexican restaurant. Ordered fajita salad. Managed about 1/2. Had about 1o chips w salsa and on the way home McDonalds ice cream cone. Now, I'm the type that doesn't log if they don't want to see it so I forced my self to do it and STILL only had about 1000 calories! It's truly amazing. I really think we are on to something here. Enjoy your weekends.

So, the end of the second week doing the 5:2 and I have a 'real loss' of three pounds - 2lbs higher than the lowest I've seen but a loss is a loss... just wanna see the scale stop bouncing around. In saying that, my normal days have been hit and miss. I am not experiencing the sleeve tightness that some of you are... some days it is good, others not so! I think I need to be a little bit more vigilant on my feed days to see a better loss/ less bounce. However, I am going to stick with it 'cos I like the control it gives me twice a week. I am doing Mon and Thurs this week - I leave for Spain on Frid for a week with school, and I am not sure how I am going to do my fast days during this time...like I said before I haven't told anyone in work that I am doing this because I can't cope with the zillion stupid questions and opinions that it is likely to produce! A lot of my work friends have the mentality that if you don't stuff your face then you will be ill!

Humph!

Anyway, whilst I am away, I will wing it and do what I can!

Well done to all of you that are kicking this weight loss ass... I am impressed by the reduction in numbers so far, and this gives me hope that I might follow suit... and get to goal!

fair play ladies... we rock!

Oh coops I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow! And I'm a bit concerned at how I'm going to handle the fast days also.. I want to do them still because I really feel it is helping but I worry about being taken out of my routine for everything!

I do not eat out often so looking at a week plus of eating out is daunting...

I'm actually sad that I won't be able to get my morning meal of Greek yogurt too...

Oh and I think we rock too! And I know the bouncing of the scale is frustrating a bit but at least it's moving now and in a mostly downward fashion!

I weigh a pound more that I did yesterday but the trend is still lower than I started with :)

Laura, you are sooo right! It is daunting not being in complete control of meal times... I don't eat out either, in fact I hate going out for food cos it is a complete waste of money... I would rather go to the cinema!

When I went on holiday last year, I had a small gain, I think it was 3-4 lbs... but it wasn't due to the food... it was because I drank a lot of fizzy pop and juices... so many hidden sugars! I won't make that mistake again!

I want to enjoy this trip, so I think my plan of action is moderation, especially as I can't take any 'healthy sleever' Snacks with me. I am also going to make sure I drink plenty of Water.

Another thing is not being near my dear scales... not weighing myself every morning will be a tad strange. It might be a good thing because at least I won't see that bounce.

You are right though, the general trend is lower than it was, so that's a win... right!

Have a fab holiday... and enjoy - don't sweat the small stuff!

Geeze I never even thought about not having a scale! That is going to be hard!

You are right though we should enjoy our vacations.

It's funny I just got the same advice from the owner of the fish store I go to to buy salt Water.

I was stressing out because I have to leave my coral tanks for a week. With someone coming only twice to feed. And so many things can go wrong :(

But the wise old man told me always go on vacation and prepare yourself by saying everything could possibly go haywire while Your gone. But don't let it ruin your fun. You can always start over when you get home...

So here's to some fun hopefully not to much weight gain and fish and coral that may or may not be here when I get back.

But if something happens we can start again right?

Happy vacay to Laura and Coops! Jealous.

Coops and Laura have a wonderful vacation...... :)

I ain't gone yet...lol... I leave for Spain on Friday morning along with 44 pupils...gonna be fun in the sun!!