Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

Oh this wasn't the first day of my 5:2, I've been noticing now for 2 weeks that after a fast day I "lose" 2-3 pounds, but that after a "norm" day I "gain" it back. The only thing my body every responded to was severe calorie restriction, every day less than 600 cals when I was immed post-op. But I just can't live like that again. Right now I'm actually doing 4:3, not 5:2. So basically I fast every other day.

Oh, I see. LOL I might have reading comprehension problems... Did you read the book? It does talk about 4:3 as well, seems also like a good approach -- hope it works!!

I'm with swizzy on the non fast days... they have been good and bad, yesterday was a good day - Friday was a bad day...lol!

However, I am finding a greater restriction too... and leaving food on my plate is a good feeling.

Has anyone else found that they are getting more indigestion on the non fast days? Boy, I have and it is not like me... even in the early stages I only had indigestion a few times... but boy this gas is enough to blow the roof off! Funnily enough though, it only happens after I've eaten 'bad' foods - carbs generally! I think this is sign...lol

Are you still doing mostly primal on the feed days?

Are you still doing mostly primal on the feed days?

generally yes...not so much 80-20, but I am going in that direction again... it seems the indigestion is through white flour! Nasty!

Although I didn't lose weight doing the primal thing, I did feel soooo much better and more energised. Hopefully with a combo of that and the fast diet I will get some results! Wouldn't that be good... how are you finding mixing the two.

I am also thinking about changing my fast days... gonna do tue and thur again this week, but might try mon and fri the week after. See if spreading them out is better?

I go to Spain on the 28th with school - I haven't told anyone in work that I am doing this, and I'm not sure how it will pan out!! Ekkkk! Looks like I will have to fill my plate with a lot of salad to make it look big...lol

.... the ascetic refresh ....

Love that name!

I wanna get to goal! Is it too late to join in?

You are moving out the "honeymoon" with a goal to meet, so thats what were here for! Welcome!

Love that name!

You are moving out the "honeymoon" with a goal to meet' date=' so thats what were here for! Welcome![/quote']

Yep, it's definitely gotten harder and the losses slower. :( 1 lb in two weeks.

I eat very healthy and keep it under 1200 calories a day. I burn 200-800 calories a day. I keep carbs under 100 but they've crept up there my carbs are from a piece of 100% whole grain toast with Breakfast, nuts.

I was eating 800 calories a day and keeping carbs under 20 net carbs. When the loss slowed on that plan I upped it to 1200 calories and more carbs. I lost almost immediately. Now it seems like my body has gotten used to this plan an needs a switch up again. May go back to very low carb.

generally yes...not so much 80-20, but I am going in that direction again... it seems the indigestion is through white flour! Nasty!

Although I didn't lose weight doing the primal thing, I did feel soooo much better and more energised. Hopefully with a combo of that and the fast diet I will get some results! Wouldn't that be good... how are you finding mixing the two.

Yeah, for me it works great -- but I've been doing primal for over six months at least, so I'm just used to eating like that now. :)

Here is my Birthday Picture ... and dog walk stop at a Walnut orchard... on the way to Gray Lodge Wildlife preserve in Northern California.

By the way' date=' down one more pound after a regular eating day... that makes 3 1/2 lbs in 6 days. It really does cut the craving for junk in the bud on regular days. When I get full, I feel SO full, and really could stop eating before I get to my alloted calories, I have to make myself eat more on regular days, and at that am not eating the last of my calories. Something else. I do have to really plan my meals on "fast" or rest days, to help keep on plan, but at this early stage, its not that hard to do. I continue to lift weights, take walks and take dance lessons, with enough energy. I am very thirsty, and love to drink Water and teas and such... after months/years of not meeting my Water levels many days.[/quote']

You look fabulous!!!!!

Stepped on the scale today and saw the 150 pounds I had set for goal Was sleeved just under 8 months ago on 10/25/12. I'm 5'4" and HW was 230+ and 80 pounds later at 150. Went from 18/20 jeans/xl tops to 8-10 jeans and medium tops. As much of a physical change that you can see there was 10 times the mental and emotional change. I'm no longer afraid to be seen in public' date=' I can put on an outfit without changing 15 times then deciding to not go anyways, I will go places alone and not have to have a pack of people with me to hide behind, and I can find clothes that fit at a regular store, I can be around cute fit skinny people and hold my head high and not feel like crawling under a rock, and I'm out being active and having FUN!!! So thankful for this amazing surgery and for getting my life back.[/quote']

Truly amazing transformation! Congrats!

I wanna get to goal! Is it too late to join in?

Never too late! Welcome!

I have noticed this sort of bounce - only doing two fast days so far though... I am seeing a big bounce around too but the top end bounce is lower than it was a week ago' date=' so I am ok with that.

Stick with us GT! We are very similar and we just gotta keep on keeping on... the body has to respond, surely?

And let us not forget, we are more than stupid numbers... x[/quote']

Yes, we need to remember that is supposed to be a SLOW LOSE and steady method. 1 or so a week. Just because we were lucky to lose some lbs at first I think it will even out over all. Still works as a way for me to regain control. And YES it is a long time between FDs. Globe, you are actually doing AFD (alternate fast days) version many people do.

Melancholy today... I wish I could shake it.

I've had a great last two days. Which included foods that I have avoided like the plague since surgery. bread, a couple bites of sweets and alcohol.. It's because of birthday celebrations and a wild party I went to yesterday.

I just weighed and now the scale tells me I'm down again.. From 171 (stuck at over two months) to 169 a few days ago to just now 166? I'm confused, happy, and sad.

I have been so strict with this sleeved life (diet) since the beginning. My mind is STILL that of a food addict but I fight it everyday! Sometimes every moment of every day.

Is this a fluke? Is it an answer? Have I been to strict? I don't know..

And I guess that's what makes me melancholy we've all done this and some of us have been doing this for years before the sleeve. But being sleeved was supposed to be different, work still, but different.

I don't know if this rambling make any sense.

But I have a lot on my mind.

Laura I'm loving the weight loss success you're having no wish I could give you a big hug though and I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.

Here is my Birthday Picture ... and dog walk stop at a Walnut orchard... on the way to Gray Lodge Wildlife preserve in Northern California.

By the way, down one more pound after a regular eating day... that makes 3 1/2 lbs in 6 days. It really does cut the craving for junk in the bud on regular days. When I get full, I feel SO full, and really could stop eating before I get to my alloted calories, I have to make myself eat more on regular days, and at that am not eating the last of my calories. Something else. I do have to really plan my meals on "fast" or rest days, to help keep on plan, but at this early stage, its not that hard to do. I continue to lift weights, take walks and take dance lessons, with enough energy. I am very thirsty, and love to drink Water and teas and such... after months/years of not meeting my Water levels many days.

You are a sexy GODDESS!

Hi guys I have been lurking and considering joining in.

I am 14 1/2 months out (April 2012) and I have not had any weight loss for 10 weeks. I think that it is partially that I have taken my eye off the ball. So listening to everyone doing the 5:2 it seems that it gets you to refocus.

I do not have a copy of the book but have I got the 'rules' right. You fast (500 calories) on 2 days of he week and eat 'normally' on the other 5 days. There should be a 12 hour gap before and after eating on fast days eg. If you have Breakfast at 7.00 am on a fast day then you should not eat after 7.00pm on the previous day and if your last fast meal is 8.00pm then you should not have Breakfast before 8.00am on the morning after the fast day. A Q do you only have 2 meals on the fast day or can you have as many as you want so long as you o not exceed 500 calories? Also can you exercise on a fast day?

Thanks for any help/ advice you can offer

Cathy

Sounds like you have it down. Recommend two main meals with a snack mid day if possible. Think the concept is length of time your body has between meals to burn fat. Good luck