Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

Yep, they said it takes 8-12 weeks to stabilize, and they weren't kidding!

Sent from my iPad using VST

@Susan, do you mind giving us more details. I don't need to know your weight, but for example, "In 8 weeks I gained ____ and then it took ____ weeks to lose ___, and now I eat this _____many calories per day to maintain what I've gained/lost, etc." (or are you still losing?)

Just looking for more details please...

Laura, you can find me anytime! TDEE is wonderful. I am eating approximately 1750 calories a day now. I lift weights on average of three days per week and love it. On the days I lift, I up my calories to about 2000, making sure I get tons of healthy Protein. My body has responded wonderfully to being properly fueled every day and I have so much more energy now and feel a hundred times better. I am consistently losing inches and weight again and anticipate getting back to goal by the end of summer. I was concerned at first, going from 1000 calories a day to 1750, and as suggested by Bill and other TDEE followers, it took about eight weeks to get my metabolism straightened out and my body used to being properly fueled. During that eight weeks, I actually gained 10 pounds, and they warned me that might happen. But once everything stabilized, I started losing weight and inches, and have already lost what I gained and then some.

So, yes, I love it. Not being hungry, fueling my body with healthy foods and lifting weights has definitely proven to be a huge positive in my life. As someone who loves to eat, I am one happy girl!

Okay so this thread answered some of my questions. In 8 weeks of eating this way you gained +10lbs. Then after 8 weeks you lost the +10lbs (HOW LONG DID THAT TAKE TO LOSE THE GAIN?) And how much more did you lose PAST the -10? Do you do cardio in addition to lifting weights? What is your workout on a weekly basis (for example do you only lift 3 days a week at that is all or what other exercise are you doing?)

Please give us more info and if you want please start a new thread. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is interested in possibly resetting a metabolism.

FYI, Happy birthday to you! I feel like a "kindred" spirit with you since we are pretty close to the same age!

Okay, I am really shocked. Down another two pounds this morning after yesterday fast. That's 9 lbs in a week and half. Boy, I must have really had a lot is Fluid. Lol. I'll take it. Now another ten to get back to Goal.

I'm interested in those of you talking about "bounce". I know when I was AT goal I had about 5-7 lb spread I tried to stay at ( and did for about a year). If you aren't at your goal you have set are you just saying that since stalled you are maintaining in that range?

AND, knowing now what I obviously didnt then, I've been told that to REALLY have a set point your body will stay around you need to Have been level at that range for about 3 years. Any ideas? I know when I was large my body really DID have a set point (high!) but it was easy to lose but little by litle back up and always to same place and stay. Weird,isn't it?

@Susan, do you mind giving us more details. I don't need to know your weight, but for example, "In 8 weeks I gained ____ and then it took ____ weeks to lose ___, and now I eat this _____many calories per day to maintain what I've gained/lost, etc." (or are you still losing?)

Just looking for more details please...

Yes to this and your follow on post for Susan, I too need more info please.

My birthday is actually tomorrow (sat in the USA) but I always go for a 3-5 day spread to enjoy it as much as possible! Yesterday was my last day of work until after my Bday, so they did the cards and cake then. My Hub and i are planning a field trip for saturday to a nature area for a hike, birdwatching, photography and lunch some place. Then with family on Sunday (Fathers day too). Thanks all.

I like the TDEE way too actually...when i was following it I was not hungry and did see my shape changing... but did not have the stomach to stick with the 12 weeks or whatever gaining, then losing it.... I have started weight lifting, and if I can get 15-20 pounds off, I may consider committing to the TDEE as a way of life.... eating more and changing your shape rocks! It was hard to eat 150 gms of Protein every day as well...I never have done a lot of cardio...but they recommend slashing the cardio to maybe a day a week...and going for heavy lifting in stead. I do just a little heavy(not that heavy and not that long yet!) lifting twice a week at this point, and can see and feel the difference.

Really, I'm just feeling my way along here... trying to figure out what combo of intake, output and attitude I need to succeed in better health. So many "diets" so many self help books, so much counseling, so much introspection, developing community...so much meditation, so much abandonment of plans and paths that did not work for me....You all know what Im saying here... I am humble about all of this... I try to gain serenity in the face of all this... life...and kindness and compassion too...I have been an evangelist for different eating plans in the past and stuck with some of them for years on end...there are a few remnants left that seem to work for me... and the body is a moving target as well... get older, injuries, illness, stress, hormone changes.... I am having success with the sleeve so far, and the MANY other life changes that have been recommended... still adjusting the fine details....still optimistic!

I triple the @ Susan to add some more info please :D

FYE sounds like a beautiful day you have planned for tomorrow :)

Today is my bday so we are going to the coast in the husbands new sports car (and maybe some shopping) I think I really want to eat as a normal person today including some dessert!

NannieG!! Omg that's awesome!!! Yes my body seems to be very happy at 171 (months now) but the last few days I'm in the 160's ya!

TDEE and 5:2? I was thinking about this yesterday.

Really' date=' I'm just feeling my way along here... trying to figure out what combo of intake, output and attitude I need to succeed in better health. So many "diets" so many self help books, so much counseling, so much introspection, developing community...so much meditation, so much abandonment of plans and paths that did not work for me....You all know what Im saying here... I am humble about all of this... I try to gain serenity in the face of all this... life...and kindness and compassion too...I have been an evangelist for different eating plans in the past and stuck with some of them for years on end...there are a few remnants left that seem to work for me... and the body is a moving target as well... get older, injuries, illness, stress, hormone changes.... I am having some success with the sleeve so far, and the MANY other life changes that have been recommended... still adjusting the fine details....[/quote']

So true.... I think the last week has not only been about weight for me but also about how I "feel"

about my weight AND me. I struggle with having a feeling of peace at where I am in life to feeling like I might be getting complacent....

At the end of the day we all be

"works in progress" until our last breath.

I guess I wouldn't want it any other way though :)

I triple the @ Susan to add some more info please :D

FYE sounds like a beautiful day you have planned for tomorrow :)

Today is my bday so we are going to the coast in the husbands new sports car (and maybe some shopping) I think I really want to eat as a normal person today including some dessert!

NannieG!! Omg that's awesome!!! Yes my body seems to be very happy at 171 (months now) but the last few days I'm in the 160's ya!

TDEE and 5:2? I was thinking about this yesterday.

Happy Birthday Laura! Have fun.

Yes, Happy birthday to Laura too!!!

We have some very wonderful people on this board that are celebrating their birthdays this day! My birthday is in February and I've started celebrating my birthday the whole month of February! Yep, that's my month... LOL SO FYE and Laura, the whole month of June is your special month and everyone else who's birthday is in June..... Very special month. I am so thankful to know you two as part of my VST family. :P

Yey! Happy Birthday to FYE and Laura or in welsh it would be penblwydd hapus i Laura and FYE!! ... hope you both have fantastic days! And yea, enjoy whatever, whenever!

x

Hey Laura, how many carbs does as a magic pop have? And what flavors are good? You have to order A LOT so....

Hey Laura' date=' how many carbs does as a magic pop have? And what flavors are good? You have to order A LOT so....[/quote']

3 carbs for onion flavor 4 carbs for the others I think.. I need to order more, last time I ordered I got the combo pack. The berry flavors are ok but I prefer the onion and plain ones. So I might get the plain if I order just one flavor, so I can have things like Peanut Butter on them too.

Someone described them yesterday as tasting close to a plain Cheerio I think that that's close :)