Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

Norm Day - shooting for 1400 cals. Weight myself first thing this morning, 191 lbs, down more than 2 lbs from yesterday. If I weight myself tomorrow morning and am back up to 193, then I will know that my body does not respond to 5:2 and instead only responds to super low calorie.

Stepped on the scale today and saw the 150 pounds I had set for goal Was sleeved just under 8 months ago on 10/25/12. I'm 5'4" and HW was 230+ and 80 pounds later at 150. Went from 18/20 jeans/xl tops to 8-10 jeans and medium tops. As much of a physical change that you can see there was 10 times the mental and emotional change. I'm no longer afraid to be seen in public, I can put on an outfit without changing 15 times then deciding to not go anyways, I will go places alone and not have to have a pack of people with me to hide behind, and I can find clothes that fit at a regular store, I can be around cute fit skinny people and hold my head high and not feel like crawling under a rock, and I'm out being active and having FUN!!! So thankful for this amazing surgery and for getting my life back.

post-40965-13813666703115_thumb.jpg

post-40965-13813666704048_thumb.jpg

post-40965-13813666704989_thumb.jpg

post-40965-13813666705929_thumb.jpg

post-40965-13813666706893_thumb.jpg

post-40965-13813666707906_thumb.jpg

post-40965-13813666708833_thumb.jpg

post-40965-13813666709754_thumb.jpg

You're lucky you were "tight" chubby, you've shrunk evenly :) How have your tats faired?

Norm Day - shooting for 1400 cals. Weight myself first thing this morning, 191 lbs, down more than 2 lbs from yesterday. If I weight myself tomorrow morning and am back up to 193, then I will know that my body does not respond to 5:2 and instead only responds to super low calorie.

I disagree with your conclusion! Too soon to make that call -- you'd have to try it for longer! Come on, give it a go! :-) Your body doesn't respond to super-low calorie, does it? I thought you said you didn't lose even on low cal. The 5:2 thing seems to have some legs, maybe try it for a month?

FYE, you look fantastic!!! Happy b-day to you and to all the other b-day women here! :-) xoxo

Re: the 5:2 thing, I feel like it's a looooooong time between fasting days and regular ones. I did two fast days so far, but only one where I stuck to the 500 cals, the other one was probably closer to 1000 LOL, and I've only lost a little weight. But in the meantime, the non-fasting days have been hedonistic food and wine fests! Must curb my naughtiness!! Tomorrow is another fast day, I'm looking forward to the ascetic refresh if I'm honest. :D

You're lucky you were "tight" chubby' date=' you've shrunk evenly :) How have your tats faired?[/quote']

No change in the tats that I can tell. The ones that i was worried about was the large thigh piece, small one on my abdomen and then my back piece as well as my chest. Everybody's been hanging in there really well at this point.

I wanna get to goal! Is it too late to join in?

Here is my Birthday Picture ... and dog walk stop at a Walnut orchard... on the way to Gray Lodge Wildlife preserve in Northern California.

By the way, down one more pound after a regular eating day... that makes 3 1/2 lbs in 6 days. It really does cut the craving for junk in the bud on regular days. When I get full, I feel SO full, and really could stop eating before I get to my alloted calories, I have to make myself eat more on regular days, and at that am not eating the last of my calories. Something else. I do have to really plan my meals on "fast" or rest days, to help keep on plan, but at this early stage, its not that hard to do. I continue to lift weights, take walks and take dance lessons, with enough energy. I am very thirsty, and love to drink Water and teas and such... after months/years of not meeting my Water levels many days.

Love this picture! You and your little dog are both too cute!

Oh this wasn't the first day of my 5:2, I've been noticing now for 2 weeks that after a fast day I "lose" 2-3 pounds, but that after a "norm" day I "gain" it back. The only thing my body every responded to was severe calorie restriction, every day less than 600 cals when I was immed post-op. But I just can't live like that again. Right now I'm actually doing 4:3, not 5:2. So basically I fast every other day.

FYE ... you look amazing! I love the pic and your doggie is soooo cute! what she said^^^ ..lol

I wanna get to goal! Is it too late to join in?

Never to late, jump on in!

Oh this wasn't the first day of my 5:2, I've been noticing now for 2 weeks that after a fast day I "lose" 2-3 pounds, but that after a "norm" day I "gain" it back. The only thing my body every responded to was severe calorie restriction, every day less than 600 cals when I was immed post-op. But I just can't live like that again. Right now I'm actually doing 4:3, not 5:2. So basically I fast every other day.

I have noticed this sort of bounce - only doing two fast days so far though... I am seeing a big bounce around too but the top end bounce is lower than it was a week ago, so I am ok with that.

Stick with us GT! We are very similar and we just gotta keep on keeping on... the body has to respond, surely?

And let us not forget, we are more than stupid numbers... x

I'm interested in those of you talking about "bounce". I know when I was AT goal I had about 5-7 lb spread I tried to stay at ( and did for about a year). If you aren't at your goal you have set are you just saying that since stalled you are maintaining in that range?

Yes! I am maintaining in this range, but it is not through choice... it is just how my body is responding to how I am treating it (food and exercise). I don't want to reduce my cals on a permanent level to under 1000 a day - so here I am trying whatever I can to break through this 'stall'. Surely my body can't be happy carrying around the extra 20+ pounds that I need to lose?

AND, knowing now what I obviously didnt then, I've been told that to REALLY have a set point your body will stay around you need to Have been level at that range for about 3 years. Any ideas? I know when I was large my body really DID have a set point (high!) but it was easy to lose but little by litle back up and always to same place and stay. Weird,isn't it?

I am really interested in this set point thing too... I didn't know that for you body to have a set point it had to be at that weight for three years though! Kinda puts my current ideas into dust cos I thought my body had found its set point at the current weight I am now? So, then, hopefully - with the 3 year thing in mind, that means that I should be able to break through this 20mth stall - I have been in the same weight range 160 - 167 for 20 long months.

I am hoping that the 5:2 will kinda shake things up for me a little and get below that 160 and out of the obese range.

I'm with swizzy on the non fast days... they have been good and bad, yesterday was a good day - Friday was a bad day...lol!

However, I am finding a greater restriction too... and leaving food on my plate is a good feeling.

Has anyone else found that they are getting more indigestion on the non fast days? Boy, I have and it is not like me... even in the early stages I only had indigestion a few times... but boy this gas is enough to blow the roof off! Funnily enough though, it only happens after I've eaten 'bad' foods - carbs generally! I think this is sign...lol