Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

I took a day off yesterday from working out. The day before yesterday and today I'll be burning about 600ish calories. After that it's back to 1,000 a day burn through the end of this month.

Next month I'll do 1,000 a day burn 4x per week, 2x per week 600 and one day off completely.

Hope everyone's doing well!

Thank you all for your kind words, they really do mean a lot to me...

Just a little update... food isn't going well... not so much the meals, but I am grazing very subconsciouly... only realising what I am doing half way through a munch attack! I have to mention that the snack attacks are mainly Protein based; nuts, cheese, cold meats... or wholemeal crackers - but they are still unwanted calories.

Also craving sweet things really badly right now... so, there are no goodies in the house!!

I am not going to log my food for a little while, I have to focus on the weeks that lie ahead in school... how to deal with grieving teenagers on mass???? Needless to say, it is going to be a very difficult and stressful time. I don't deal with death very well at all... never have... so this shocking loss has hit me like a ton of hot sh*t.

That being said, I have a fantastic family and friendship group in work... the pupils are amazing and together we will get through this very said time.

The only thing I can say for sure is that I will continue to exercise, at least my boxing classes. I went Tues, and the sense of relief punching the crap outta that bag was just immense. The only problem is that I pushed myself that hard, that my back is still hurting today, and I didn't go tonight... *sighs*

Hope the rest of you are well...

Well done Diva, you exercise guru you...lol

Globe - take that compliment and then some... keep going my friend... this have to change soon, don't they?

Keep up the good work everyone... this is a temporary blip in my matrix and as soon as I am ready, I will jump back on the goal train with a first class ticket!!!

Hey Diva - could you give an example of an average day's workout and food for you? I haven't lost in 44 days and am 3 lbs up from my lowest and I practice yoga, TRX, tango, and walking 4x a week. Today I had chicken caesar salad for brunch, and will have kebob chicken for lunch and tuna w/2 rye crackers for dinner, plus lots of mint tea (no sweetener) and probably a small piece of dark chocolate. I will jog/walk 3 miles this afternoon and do a round of elliptical.

Hello all... Hope you are all doing well and still pluggin away!

Well, we are back in work and getting through the school day minute by minute. It has been a hard week, but things are starting to settle. We haven't got a date for Jack's funeral as of yet, hopefully it will be soon!

My eating is ok. I haven't pigged out like I thought I would, but I haven't been logging or tracking either. I would estimate that my cals are over 1200 now... I have had the odd cookie and snack, but nothing too damaging! My weight? Well it has stayed the same; still within my bounce range. Doesn't make sense does it? I eat 800-1000 and stay in the bounce range ... I stop logging and stay in the bounce range!

I really don't know what to think! Perhaps my body is 'done' even though my mind isn't?????

I am still exercising though, I am find this a great way to get rid of frustration at the moment. The only thing is, is that I am not sleeping very well, so I am really tired and have to push myself to go to the gym.. I am managing 2 a week and some walking at the moment, which isn't brilliant, but better than nothing.

I have an appointment with the menopause clinic on Thurs and I am going to mention the HRT Patches and weight to see if that might be a reason why I am noting losing anymore.... this is the longest stall and really sucks!!!

Let me know how you are all doing... =]

I'm doing the "bounce in place" thing, too, I think, only 1-3 pounds from goal!! But I've already surpassed my original goal (a modest and obtainable one for a 49-year-old, fairly sedentary female) of wearing size 16 pants--now I'm in 12's and am happy about that.

I'm not stressing about hitting that exact goal any more, although it would be nice "just because." I'm focusing more on eating healthfully, more fruits/veggies, and getting in what I call "painless" exercise--a little additional walking, additional stairs, moving around more. Where I can, I plan to consciously select lower-calorie foods--no worries, just when there's a lower-calorie option that doesn't sacrifice anything, I'll take it.

I've been gone all weekend and have not ate well. I got my Protein in, but had Snacks and drinks and no exercise. Vacation is over so it's back to plan for me.

Lynda

Just a note that I updated my ticker to my actual, 2-weeks'-now weight of 193 instead of 191, where it had been. I had the honor of conducting an all-state choir back in January, and I ended up fairly dehydrated through that process; my lowest weight of 191 was just after that, and I know I was dehydrated and shouldn't have weighed, but you know how that goes--I couldn't resist seeing that lower number on the scale, even though I knew it wasn't real. And then I put it on my ticker, because it was on the scale, after all--just one long series of "fooling myself" moves that don't tell the real story. So I'm really at 193 and have 3 pounds to goal as of yesterday. (sigh)

Just a note that I updated my ticker to my actual, 2-weeks'-now weight of 193 instead of 191, where it had been.

I have 170.4 on my ticker... that was the weight for one day 5 weeks ago.... I have been above that for the last 5 weeks (up to 2-3 pounds)... eating right and exercising and all so... I just post the low numbers and work to get below that sometime. I just got back to that number the last two days... and hope to get a lower number soon! I just try not to sweat the bouncing nature of the scale... as long as it doesn't trend up (like it did a little over the holidays) I do post my daily weight on fitday, but not on the ticker. Here is my fitday for the last two months...

post-3718-13813658230693_thumb.jpg

I post my actual weight every Friday. If I'm gone, as I was this weekend, I may be a little late updating it, but I like seeing the chart with weekly entries.

Lynda

these bouncy numbers are a pain in the arse, aren't they?

Meg, I am with you... I put the two extra pounds back on my ticker cos I haven't seen 164lbs since Oct... I know it is just 2lbs, but I just felt that I was cheating myself... if I was like feedyoureye, then I too would leave it be.

I am starting to feel a little more positive now ... went boxing last night and really kicked butt... and boy, do I know about it today... our trainer really went for it...lol!

I am still trying to get the momentum to get back on the treadmill, I am still walking, which is good, but not good enough for fat burning at my stage... but my energy levels are still low. Perhaps when my sleeping pattern is better and things have settled a little more?

Ladies... do me a favour... give me a week and then, start nagging me to get moving more. I think my body, although loving and benefitting from boxing, is getting used to the work out. I don't want to stop going, so I just have to do something else as well...

On a side note... I meant to say that I have given up biscuits for lent (I usually give up crisps but I don't eat them now). I fond that biscuits are my trigger food and although I can't eat more than 2-3 at a time, I am usually ready for more in an hour or two. They also activate my sweet tooth... so for damage limitation, especially whilst I am not logging, I have said goodbye to buscuits for 40 days and 40 nights!

Anyone else giving up anything for lent?

For Lent, I usually aim not necessarily to give something up, but to try to do something proactively in which I can learn/improve discipline; sometimes that means giving something up, and other times it means altering my behavior to a more productive/thoughtful way of acting--one year, I gave up meat and actually ended up a vegan for two years after that. :-) Other things in the past included chocolate/sodas, television after 10 p.m. (which was one of the more difficult ones I've ever done!), no online shopping (also kind of difficult, as I need tall sizes, which stores don't usually carry, and large shoes, also not typically easy to find locally), and volunteering with a local resale/donation center.

This year, I've got two major goals for Lent: The first is to re-shape my spending habits regarding non-necessities--my plan is to cut WAY back on those types of purchases and be able to donate the money to charity instead. The second is to do something every day that involves strenuous physical activity of some sort--strenuous enough that I break a sweat, which I rarely do in these thinner days of freezing my fanny off! Now that I seem to have the breathing issue under control with daily Iron tablets, there's no more excuse for not moving.

So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get my yoga pants on and get my butt out for a walk before it rains. :-) Happy Thursday, everyone.

I would love to give up all carbs that aren't an intrinic part of whatever Protein I'm eating. I'd also like to give up all sugar/added sugar/sweeteners beyond stevia

Can I give up the last 7 pounds I have to make it to goal for Lent? (ha ha!)

There are a lot of things I could probably give up that would help get me to goal, but I've learned that I have a bad habit of getting increasingly strict about things "to get to goal" that end up putting me in a diet mentality - in other words, I'm doing this now, but I don't intend to stick to it long-term. Puts me into a deprivation mindset that puts me at risk for binging, and sets me up for regain when I do get to goal. I'm trying really hard to find a balance between wanting to lose those last few pounds, and making sure I'm building permanent habits I'm willing to stick to to stay at goal.

Today's my one-year anniversary, it kind of sneaked up on me. One year ago today, I had a sleeve gastrectomy, and now a year later I weigh about 90lb less (down about 42kg) and went from 40 BMI to 24 BMI. Started in size 18W-20W and am now in a size 6 or 8 trousers and mostly medium tops. I work out three times a week, walk to work and back every day, eat too much sometimes, eat mostly healthy most of the time, and enjoy my life. I could still be happy with another 3-8 kg loss, but I'm not sweating it. :-) Thanks for listening...