Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

@escape pod - congrats!! Thats great!

@Lynda, hey I go through those spells too sometimes where I just don't have the fortitude to constantly think about perfect days either. It happens! The important thing is just getting back on track. It's really difficult to lose the smaller you are. I've been stuck at 170 since Dec now, and really, for awhile during Holidays I ate anything I wanted. No movement, but I've been being really really good for almost 2 weeks now and still no movement. I'm totally ok with that, it just intrigues me a lot! I've been logging my food for 10 days now and I've been way below what I'm burning what I'm consuming daily and you'd think I'd have to be losing.. just makes sense but I'm not. Crzy!!

Anyhow, happy Friday to all! Mine begins in less than 3 hours... can't wait!!! Whooo!!

:)

Hello everyone,

thought I would post a lil update.

This week has been poo! I have felt like poo and really struggled getting my Water in.

Mon Tue Wed, I logged and did really well with cals Protein etc. Thurs, no logging, bad day with carbs and sugar - went boxing though which was great. Fri no logging, ok day. Sat no loggin ok day and walked 4 miles. Sun no logging and good day so far!

Anyway, apart from the last four days, I have been plodding along, doing what I do and staying focused and positive... however, the pesky scale and tape measure are not playing ball with me. I still haven't seen my lowest bounce weight... it is now just over 3mths with NO WEIGHT LOSS! I have lost 1 1/2 inches which, I feel, is a little rubbish for the effort that I am putting in!

I really don't know what to do... I sooooo want to say that I have reached my surgeon's goal of 11 stone and to drop that extra pound to be 10 stone something... 153lbs, would be absolutely amazing for ME! I don't feel like I am DONE!

But how do I do this, because I feel that what I am doing, simply isn't working for weight loss. I refuse to go lower in cals because I just feel weak and ill when I go below 800... 1000-1200 I feel the best in my physical and mental self.,.. so that is where I intend to stay.

The only thing I can think of is to change up my exercise a little...I will continue to go to the boxing gym, as I like it a lot and I feel amazing once I have finished the hour. I think I will try the treadmill again this week, see if my back and groin can work with it! I still haven't gone swimming as the temp has dropped here to minus figures here, and it is too cold for me... I don't want to get ill again. I will go when the weather is a little kinder, so it might be another couple of weeks yet.

If anyone has got any ideas or comments, please feel free to let me know. I don't want to give up....

as a side note... I am still on HRT and medication for hot flushes... not sure if this has something to do with it... but if it is cals in V cals out then I should be seeing some movement... shouldn't I???

xx

How frustrating! I know what others say about calories calories out... but there IS something else going on too. Don't know what, but there is something. My "baseline" level of calories expended can not be what the charts say. Even if my resting rate is lower than normal, and my calories in are 2-300 calories more a day than I figure for some reason, I should be losing faster. I guess wah wah, crying doesn't help, and thats the way it goes, but it would be nice to be able to get control over that extra bit of the unknown. I am happy the way I am, but would like to lose to "Normal" and a little more just as insurance. I may still do it too, slowly... but the numbers just don't really work out do they?

Well Coops, you are still doing better than me! I feel like a tick about to pop, and I'm still 15 lbs away from goal, and I seem to be gaining weight hand over fist, even though my eating has not changed. I REALLY get your frustration!

Just a quick note from me...

I rec'd some really tragic news on the weekend... it was one of many emotions! A pupil at my school, who I taught, died very suddenly. Needless to say this was an awful shock to all of us.

We are currently on half term here, but yesterday the school was opened for pupils and staff to gather to show their support fot Jack's family. It was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do... the pain in the youngesters eyes was overwhelming and just awful. His mam, dad, grandparent and younger brother also came into school... that was unbearable. I can't begin to imagine what they are going through right now. The only positive I can take is that the sense of community and love is very real and present for all that those that this tragic death has affected!

While I am getting my head around this, I just can't face logging and worrying about cals and the such like... I need some time out to reflect and gather my thoughts. I think that when something like this happens it sorta puts things into perspective!

Oh, Coops, I'm so sorry. I've also lost students before, and it is terribly difficult for everyone concerned. Take care of you-- HUGS!

Coops- I am thinking of you. Be kind to yourself.

Lynda

Coop, I am so sorry to hear a tragic ending for such a young child. Yes, it is devastating and you are probably still in shock from it. Take care of yourself and sending healing energy to Jack's family.

{{{Coops}}} BIG HUGS to you. Much love and healing peace to you, your students, and especially his family. I'm so sorry for the tragic loss of a bright young life.

oh Coops. That just, well in a word ... SUCKS. It's so hard to fathom why little ones are taken from us too soon.

Take care of yourself. Love, Mini

Oh, Coops, as a former teacher, I can only imagine how hard that must be! Sending you big hugs and lots of warm thoughts. It is, indeed, a tragedy. No other word for it. Please take care of yourself, and I hpe your warm personality helps bring some comfort to the family. xoxoxo lila

Just a quick note from me...

I rec'd some really tragic news on the weekend... it was one of many emotions! A pupil at my school, who I taught, died very suddenly. Needless to say this was an awful shock to all of us.

We are currently on half term here, but yesterday the school was opened for pupils and staff to gather to show their support fot Jack's family. It was one of the hardest things that I have ever had to do... the pain in the youngesters eyes was overwhelming and just awful. His mam, dad, grandparent and younger brother also came into school... that was unbearable. I can't begin to imagine what they are going through right now. The only positive I can take is that the sense of community and love is very real and present for all that those that this tragic death has affected!

While I am getting my head around this, I just can't face logging and worrying about cals and the such like... I need some time out to reflect and gather my thoughts. I think that when something like this happens it sorta puts things into perspective!

Oh my dear!! Big big hugs to you!! :-(

Please take care of yourself, and know that you and your students family is in my thoughts and prayers.

So sorry Coops, you are so right... now is the time to reflect and think about life. I have also lost students. You take care.

Definitely Coops you are in my thoughts. And I hope that there are outlets for your grief other than food, for me personally when I am sad it is a struggle to not binge on bad things.

I haven't lost weight in 41 days, I'm 3 lbs up from my all time low, my clothes are like sausage casings, but a dance partner last night asked if I had lost weight because I was "looking skinny"!!!! The first time in my life I have ever heard that word used anywhere near a reference to me, bless their heart! Gotta love the optical illusion of plaid =/