Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

There must be a way, as Diva posted a pic of her post workout muscle show...lol... in which she looks fab!! I just can't see it! x

Yey! I found a way to add the photos... gotta click on the 'more options' button on the bottom right.... !!

So here are the skinny jeans, front and side view... you can see the 'apple' in me from the side! Still I've come a long way from where I started! There was NO WAY I would of even considered these before the sleeve, I don't think I would of worn them this time last year even!!

post-3415-13813658171757_thumb.png

post-3415-13813658172488_thumb.png

Coops You Look Absolutely awesome! I love the skinny jeans. Your sweater is way toooooooo big LOL! Actually you do look awesome. Keep it up, you are an inspiration to meeeeee.. ;)

Coops, Photos put 10 pounds on you!

Best. News. Ever.

Yey! I found a way to add the photos... gotta click on the 'more options' button on the bottom right.... !!

So here are the skinny jeans, front and side view... you can see the 'apple' in me from the side! Still I've come a long way from where I started! There was NO WAY I would of even considered these before the sleeve, I don't think I would of worn them this time last year even!!

Hey whats this? Those clothes are a bit big on ya. Jus sayin. ;)

Ladies, thank you for the suggestions! I am going to try myfitnesspal.com first, and if that doesn't work, I'll try lynda's route! Excited to try a different route.

@coops: now that I can blow the picture up, I must say you look adorable!!!! Love the whole outfit, especially with the red chuck taylors, woot!!! You look awesome!!! Keep rockin' those skinny jeans!

Coops, I have to agree with the others--I think you're rocking that look! And I also think your sweater is a bit big. :-) Yay you!!

OMG, Coops!!! You are looking absolutely darling -- LOVING the skinnies and the chucks. And I think you are "seeing things" in re: the apple shape, cos you just look small and super fit. I am SO JEALOUS of your bum, mine is flat and sooo sad.

Cute! You look fit and darling and petite! Like others have said...."baby got back" Mine is flat as a board now. Lucky! Work it Coops!

Hey guys, I'm starting to distrust myself. When I still had faith that I would lose weight, when I saw it coming off steadily at a pound every other day, I was so sure of myself and my sleeve that all manner of evil foods could pass under my nose and have little affect on me. Now, I can't be trusted, and that makes me sad. Also, even though the scale hasn't moved, I just feel fat, and no it isn't TOTM. Sigh. I ate bread over the weekend, and carrot cake, and lemonade =( Is my only choice to empty my house of everything and go back on liquids? I'm starting to have a sweet tooth like never before in my life, always I have been a savory/salty snacker, I never even liked carrot cake! =( =( I know I'm slumping big time, my house is a filthy mess, I'm not putting any effort into my appearance, etc. etc.

Hey guys, I'm starting to distrust myself. When I still had faith that I would lose weight, when I saw it coming off steadily at a pound every other day, I was so sure of myself and my sleeve that all manner of evil foods could pass under my nose and have little affect on me. Now, I can't be trusted, and that makes me sad. Also, even though the scale hasn't moved, I just feel fat, and no it isn't TOTM. Sigh. I ate bread over the weekend, and carrot cake, and lemonade =( Is my only choice to empty my house of everything and go back on liquids? I'm starting to have a sweet tooth like never before in my life, always I have been a savory/salty snacker, I never even liked carrot cake! =( =( I know I'm slumping big time, my house is a filthy mess, I'm not putting any effort into my appearance, etc. etc.

{{{{Globetrotter}}}}

Why being so hard on yourself? You had bread and cake and lemonade, and presumably not 12 servings of each, I don't think that's bad at all. The more important question is why you're sad and down on yourself. I hope you can remember that you're awesome and you're doing great...and that your smile comes back.

I do relate on the sweet tooth thing -- I have never really had much of one, but over the past couple of months, I've had raging jones for dark chocolate (so I eat it LOL, and sometimes a lot of it!! Meh, life is short, I enjoy chocolate, I'm not too fussed). And Peanut Butter. And ice cream (which I've NEVER liked...!!). But at the end of the day, I'm not eating all that much of it, and I'm eating a lot of good food as well, and working out -- so I figure it all balances out. I don't like to be too extreme, so I will try not to overdo it, but neither will I get too worried about it.

Big hugs your way...and believe that the sun will come out again!! <3

Not only do you look so SKINNY, but you look COOL! Your kids must be soooooo proud of you! *LOVE THIS POST*

Hi ladies, a quick update from me.

@ Coops, I do agree with all the ladies who say you look fabulous in those skinnies! I cannot wait for the day when I can wear skinny jeans!

@Diva, that's awesome about the kettleballs! Are you sore today!?

@Meg, do keep us posted about the breathing. That sounds so frustrating. I'm really proud of you that you lost all that weight even *with* such an issue. Amazing!

@ everyone: I've been tracking my food better this week, and I realized that my real culprit is that I am getting in too many calories via snacking. I use fitday to track my calories, but I find that I don't track really well via that app because if you try to add anything that's not super simple, you have to find all the ingredients for it, tally up the recipe, etc. It's really time-consuming, and I find that I don't track as well as I could using this tool becuase I basically start avoiding the hassle--so I was wondering, how do you ladies track? I used to do weight watchers points on paper pretty religiously--I wonder if there's something that simple I could do again? Any suggestions?

SO I use http://caloriecount.about.com and I tried myfitnesspal a while back but I didn't like the way you are forced to put in quantities. At CC, you can do things in grams, oz, servings, 1/2 a serving, or 1/8 etc. I have an iPhone and there is a CC app (sounds like MFP has one too) but it has the bar code scanner etc. which is really cool execpt that I try to stay away from processed food as much as possible. I did use it the other night and was pretty tickled at how well it worked.

As for me, full disclosure here, I gave myself a DAY off from tracking and I did eat quite a bit off plan this weekend, esp. yesterday with it being the superbowl, we went to a party and I GRAZED and SNACKED and ate very little Protein. BUT today is a a NEW day and I'm back on the wagon....CHEER to that!

{{{{Globetrotter}}}}

Why being so hard on yourself? You had bread and cake and lemonade, and presumably not 12 servings of each, I don't think that's bad at all. The more important question is why you're sad and down on yourself. I hope you can remember that you're awesome and you're doing great...and that your smile comes back.

I do relate on the sweet tooth thing -- I have never really had much of one, but over the past couple of months, I've had raging jones for dark chocolate (so I eat it LOL, and sometimes a lot of it!! Meh, life is short, I enjoy chocolate, I'm not too fussed). And Peanut Butter. And ice cream (which I've NEVER liked...!!). But at the end of the day, I'm not eating all that much of it, and I'm eating a lot of good food as well, and working out -- so I figure it all balances out. I don't like to be too extreme, so I will try not to overdo it, but neither will I get too worried about it.

Big hugs your way...and believe that the sun will come out again!! <3

At support group my NUT (who runs the group) was telling those of us who seemed to have developed a Sweet Tooth to try and incorporate more fruit. I have to be honest. I was NOT a big fruit eater BEFORE surgery and of course it got much much much worse when you are only eating meat and VEGGIES and being a good WLS patient. So I am going to try and make a good faith effort to eat more fruit, now that I can. The one fruit that I have always enjoyed is a good granny smith apple with a few slices of sharp cheddar cheese...that is one favorite snack of mine. Course I had that yesterday and still indulged in a few treats at the super bowl party yesterday...gah!

I go through phases where I really want sweets... and eating sweets make me want MORE sweets! Its the old sweet addiction cycle. Try stocking up on some sugar free sweets, pudding, Jello, yogurts, coolwhip free, that kind of thing, and when you want something sweet, go for that. for heavens sakes girl, there are sugar free lemonades out there or you can make some from scratch and use stevia if you want a better choice. I go through this too... and perhaps you are still unsettled after moving back to the states? Sound like you are hungry for something... maybe its not really food you are looking for...can you access some counciling... just someone to talk about your future with? Just guessing here. Good luck with that, and welcome back to the board!

Feedyoureye: It's sounds like you have some depression going on. It's very important that you get out of the house and start walking, walking and more walking. Clean your house of all the sugars and start the basic bootcamp diet to help clear the sugar out of your system. Get back on the band wagon and "just do it." Depression will pull you down into the spiraling black hole. Did you have a sigar addiction, if so, then it's time to switch it up. When someone gives up one addiction, there is a big void in you that needs something to feel it. I really want to focus on eating healthy, getting alot of exercise, and I am currently looking for something like a hobby to feel my time.

This is not an easy stage of our new journey. If needed, find a therapist that can trust to help guide you along the way. Start by making a choice to do one thing that you've been avoiding, like cleaning your house. Take 1 space at a time. You can do this. Most important thing is to get out of the house and exercise. Depression is also known as an imbalance in chemicals and hormones, and God knows, we have made alot of changes in our lifes in a very short period of time.

Sorry for the long reply. ;)