Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I asked to join! thanks.

I'm Michelle, 44 years young, mother of 2 wonderful young men, 20 & 13, wife to an amazingly supportive husband and all around fire-cracker!

I was sleeved on March 18th, 2015 and never regretted one moment of it like some do in the beginning.

I've met friends since and we even decided to start our own Facebook group where we can just be ourselves, be motivated, inspired and educated as well.

It's for both post & pre-op
You're more welcome to share this to let others know also.

My mom brought me to my first weight watchers meeting at 12 years old in Toronto, CA. I remember having a sleepover a few days after and eating carrot sticks while the other girls ate Cookies. I’ve lost 70-80lbs at least 3 or 4 times on weight watchers throughout my adult life. 3 years ago and about 60lbs lighter I had a massive panic attack which put me into constant anxiety for about a month straight. Couldn’t eat and didn’t want to leave the house. Once I conquered my anxiety (through treatment and therapy) I swore I would never beat myself up over eating so I didn’t.

Since then I’ve gained 70lbs. I’m a happy person and except for a few skin issues pretty much healthy but I’m back in my “fat cocoon”. A cocoon that although comforting and safe is keeping me from all the things I could do, I could be. There is a saying in Overeaters Anonymous that says: “I came for the vanity and stayed for the sanity”. I’d like to be sane when it comes to food. I’d like to be at a weight that allows me to do the things I’d like to do and not be obsessed with the next meal.

Oct 2014 found out my insurance would cover my surgery. Had to do 6 months supervised diet. Stressed myself for 6 months about not losing weight, if the ins would approve etc. Submitted my paperwork in March and was approved in 48hrs. I hugged my coworkers I was so excited. Surgery Date: 5/21/2015. The beginning of a new chapter!

Hi Louise

I'm 3wks post Gastric Sleeve today.

I'll be 100% honest with you, it's hard, it's really hard. I'm struggling so bad with fitting in Water to stop dehydration, Protein shake to aid healing & weightloss & mushy baby food.

I've had diharear since surgery.

If I attempt mince with mash the tiniest of mince meat pieces feels like a brick is hitting my stomach.

I can't say I regret surgery any more, like I did at the beginning, but I do wish I could eat proper healthy food just smaller portions. Oh and I'm Sooo thirsty & would love to gulp my Water, but no, sip sip sip!

When I researched into the Sleeve I just heard how great it is, how amazing they all look etc etc.

I won't sugar coat it for you, the beginning of your journey will be tough.

But there are people to support you on here that are living the life so they really get it.

You are not alone, I promise you ok.

I'm happy to exchange email address with you or anybody else.

Research As Much As You Can!! Be sure!!

Thank God for a support group like this! I have had 3 very difficult surgeries. Two have been in the last 5 years. But i have a feeling this one will be a whole new ball game. :-(

From what I have read, at 3 weeks post-op, you still have a lot of healing to do. Do you have a blender? (I have a Vitamix). I would try using it to make it like baby food with NO solid pieces of food at all. I have heard that even the tinyest particle of food can bother you. Maybe add a little bit of chicken or beef broth to it to make it thinner.

I am trying to figure out how you can "sip" 64oz of water! I don't work so I will always have water next to me like I do now. I deal with diarrhea a lot already so I understand that only too well. Like I will be telling myself after my surgery (if it is approved), most if not all of this is temporary and I can deal with just about anything if I know there is a end in sight!

BTW, what does your doctor say about all this? I am sure he has dealt with all of this before. I think I can add you as a friend and you can do the same.

I have a pretty new blog where I post a little encouraging graphic/saying every day. You can sign up to be notified when I post something new.

http://losingitat67.wordpress.com

God bless you,

Louise

God's richest blessings to you.

Ok, so after lurking around on this site for over 6 months I think it's time to tell my story.

Like many of you I have struggled with my weight for as long as I can remember. I'm 52 and have done the usual lose and regain over and over. I first started looking into WLS about 6 years ago. The man upstairs had a different plan. Two weeks before my consult with a surgeon I was hit with a diagnosis of Non Hodgkins Lymphoma.

Once my Oncologist assured me we could beat it, I said "Well at least I'll finally lose weight with chemo right?" Her reply, "Actually with all the steroids you'll be getting, you will probably gain weight." Fantastic now I'll be bald and fatter!

Fast forward through 6 months of chemo and 2 years of a maintenance drug to keep me in remission and I'm at my heaviest weight ever. I start asking my Oncologist if I can pursue WLS. She's not thrilled with the idea as my type of cancer is treatable but not curable. Finally after 5 years with no signs of it returning she agreed I shouldn't be "fat &miserable " (my words not hers)waiting on cancer to return.

I got a new lease on life when I beat cancer. Now I want to be healthy and fully engaged in life for what I hope will be a long time here on this earth.

Sorry for the long and rambling story.

I have learned so much from everyone on this site and I thank you all for sharing your stories.

My surgery is scheduled for this Wednesday, May 20th! Please save me a seat on the loser's bench!

Hello, my name is Jessica Johnson. I have been thinking about weight loss surgery for years. My husband and I have decided to do it together. Our boys are now 19 and 16, and we have lots of living we want to do together. I turned 3 this year, and don't want to reach 40 at my current weight. Our surgeries will most likely be in July or August.

Hi my name is Amy. Im 29 years old. I have two boys...2 1/2 and 10 months. I'm a stay at home mom. Most of my extra time goes invested into volunteering at my parish. Im still very early in my wls journey. I just started scheduling doctors appointments.

Hello, this is my first time posting joined today. I am married to a great guy for over 30 years, have two grown children. I work full time outside the home, also have 3 grandchildren one is an 8 month old that's so sweet and really active. I have been fat most of my life, have lost 135 lbs at one time, used to go to the gym, walk, etc. Then hurt my knees, had to have surgery and mostly downhill since. Kept thinking I could lose the weight on my own but only successful of 20-30 lbs. Researched gastric sleeve and finally decided to have the surgery because having so much pain in my knees and back. My orthopaedic doc says i need to lose 100 lbs before he will operate and do a knee replacement. I am on my way, 6 weeks out from surgery. Will finally one day go shopping without hurting and go camping again

Edited by lindajax

Hi all!

I'm 44 years old, and I'm a trainer for a construction company who works at the gold mines of Nevada. I am happily married to the love of my life after divorcing my a-hole ex :P . I have 3 boys from my previous marriage. They are 20, 19 and 14. My oldest is serving an LDS (Mormon) mission in Ukraine for 2 years, which has brought its own set of emotional issues and fears. He gets home in September. My middle one is serving an LDS mission in Baltimore, Maryland for 2 years. My youngest lives with us, and he is a Freshman in high school.

In 2008-9, I lost 50 lbs and got down to my goal weight with diet and exercise. I was a runner, having run a marathon, several 1/2 marathons, and a 1/2-Ironman triathlon. I loved being in shape, and I loved how my body looked. I remarried in 2011 and have spent these last few years caretaking my sick husband and eating to satisfy every emotion and fear that came with him being so sick. Since 2011, I have not only gained back the 50 lbs I had lost, but I gained another 20+ on top of that. My degenerating hip makes it nearly impossible to do any form of exercise now, so I just keep packing on the pounds. I realize that having 70-80 lbs to lose might seem easy compared to some of the challenges others face, but on my 5'1" frame, it's quite a bit! I finally decided I have to get my weight on track before I end up like most of my family- diabetic, with heart conditions, etc.

My husband is also considering gastric sleeve, and he will likely have surgery later this year.

In my free time, I like to garden and read. Someday I hope to be able to at least get back on a bike, even if I can't run again.

Hello! My name is Amanda I'm 34 will be 35 in November. I've been married going on 15 yrs in October. I have 3 beautiful daughters 14, 12 & 8. I've been over weight since I was 19. The scale kept going up & up for the last 15 yrs. I've told my self over & over I can do this on my own but I never have any success. I'm sitting right now at 291 it makes me depressed just thinking abt that number & I'm only 5'3 . Sometimes I don't feel that heavy & then when I walk by a mirror & I see that I am that heavy. We had a party for my husband for his 35 birthday & my niece video taped part of it & of course I was in the whole part she taped & when I watched that video I got so pissed at my self for letting my self get that big. That's when I really started looking into WLS. I've just begun this journey. There are so many things I want to do with my girls that I can't right now & it's not fair to them. So hopefully in Oct or Nov I will be on the road to loosing for good.

I am Amanda, a 37 year old first time mom, wife, office manager, and grad student.

I have been overweight almost my whole life. I was a normal weight during high school and most of college. After that it was an endless cycle of gains and losses. I married the love of my life in 2012. Started having very painful cycles and finally after 6 months I went to the doctor. I was diagnosed with PCOS. Started seeing Reproductive Endocrinologist in December of 2013. In March of 2014 had surgery to remove polyps, in April those came back with hyperplasia. Did 6 weeks of hormone therapy. Then, had my positive pregnancy test on July 13 of 2014. My baby was born in March of this year.

When I found out I was pregnant my hubby started researching weight loss surgery. His weight had crept up to 360 pounds. We started the process of what we needed to do for insurance. I got up to 294 during my pregnancy (was 270 pre-pregnancy). Husband had his surgery. I was going to wait a little to have mine since I just went through a c-section. However, we found out our insurance was changing on May 1 so our doctor's office kept on our insurance company and I got approved. Had surgery April 27, 2015. I am down to 229 (had lost down to 255 prior to surgery).

My recovery was not bad. I did take a week off from work. The first few days were the worst. It hurt to drink water! Things are better now. I've been working out since 2 weeks post-op. I now work out 6 days a week-Zumba, Aquacize, Body pump, and jogging. I eat about 400 to 500 calories a day. My weight loss has slowed the past couple of weeks. I am seeing my nutritionist tomorrow to talk about it. I don't regret the surgery, but I have had my days where I questioned it. The good thing is that when I get discouraged I can't eat like I used to.

I want to be healthy for my daughter. I want to feel better and look better. I want my relationship with food to be better. I believe this surgery will help me.

@lynkaosgood... "She came out and said that I was taking the easy route and I should try different options and just try to lose weight that way. When she found out I had miscarried a few months ago, she just said its all for the best... Just want to smack her sometimes. Her negativity fuels my desire to rub it in her face when I finally succeed at losing weight and finally becoming a mother. Sorry its so long, that's just how this journey got started"

Ashley, so, so sorry you lost your mom and have gone through so much and now have so much nasty negativity from your MIL. I wanted to smack her too. But do glad your turning it into something positive, letting it fuel your desire to succeed. She is wrong my dear, it wasn't fur the best when you must your baby, and was is not the easy road, it is a tool, and you ARE going to be successful!!! Love your determination!

Edited by cmhueto

Hi There,

I am new to this site. I'm 25 female, living in California. I have been on a diet since i was born it seams like and I have always fluctuated with my weight but now i am in my 20's it doesn't seem to be coming off. I have lost 30 pounds this past year by doing the low carb diet but it's so hard it's just not coming off fast enough for me. I want to see if i can qualify for some type of sergery, i am not sure what yet, does anyone reccommed something for me? I am just starting out with my resarch so any help you can give will be so helpfull! Thanks! :)

Hi Everyone, I'm a husband to my beautiful wife and father to my beautiful 18 month old daughter. They are the reason I went through the surgery. I want to make sure that I am here on earth as long as I can be to grow old with them, and being obese doesn't increase longevity. Time has gone by so fast these last 2 years, especially after my Mom passed in Jan 2014. You forget just how temporal life actually is and you have to make the most of it.

I didn't go to college, but I have a great corporate job that pays the bills but monopolizes my time. I am in payroll administration and sometimes the schedule can be a bit much. I'm sure we could all say we wished we didn't work as much! I'm sort of a geek, to the fact that I still like to play video games and I'm 30 years old.

I'm a Christian, saved by the loving mercy of Jesus Christ, who brought me out of the horrible life I had before as a drug addict. I'm living proof that you do not have to be an addict for the rest of your life. One trip down to the altar and I've never even had a second thought about the drugs I did before.

I love this forum since I joined and will definitely keep coming back for the advice and the success stories! Thanks for letting me share!

My name is Lisa. I have two kids and have been married too long lol. (27 yrs) I work as administrative assistant in long island, weight loss has been a journey I was sleeved on July 2,2014 it's been 11 months. I've only lost 70 lbs a lot more to go. I've had some hang ups during this first year but I am confident that I will reach my goal. Sw 298 cw 228 . I try to walk everyday. 1-3 miles. Take classes 2 times a week. It's a work in progress

@@former_vbg, uuhhhm I just checked it out, because I was curious, and they did have a lot of other info other than advertising for that surgeon, who by the way is one of the surgeons who works with BariatricPal. Just thought I'd point that out.

Edited by cmhueto