Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welcome! Good Luck!

Hello! I just found your forum and am happy about it. I am almost a week out from my surgery and feeling good (tired and sore, but good)! I am 36, living with the love of my life and I am a freelance writer/blogger/artist. I've struggled with my weight my entire life, but at over 300 pounds I realized this year that it was out of control. My boyfriends PCP suggested he go to a talk about gastric surgeries (he's overweight too) and I went with him. That was in December and since then it's been a crazy ride of doc appointments and learning how to change all my habits! I've lost 12lbs since my surgery last week and am excited to keep going, at 36 I have my whole life ahead of me and I signed up for my first ever 5K in September!

Good Luck!!!

Hi my name is Elle. I'm 35 yrs old, mother of 2 beautiful children: daughter just turned 5 & a son who just turned 2, and I've been married a little over 6 yrs. I've been with the same global cosmetic brand for almost 14 yrs, and I'm so happy that I made this decision to have the gastric sleeve procedure.

I have been battling my weight since the age of 9 yrs old, and I have done all the diets and work out fads. I remember doing Sweating to the Oldies in elementary!

I'm 5'4 and my highest weight 286. I honestly kept the weight off for quite sometime, but life happens... I work all the time, skip meals regularly, and I started to feel guilty when I would try to sneak out for a workout in the morning before work & not utilizing that time with my children/ husband.

I finally made the decision to have the gastric sleeve procedure done & my husband was definitely against it at first. After many conversations; he excepted the decision I made.

My surgery was on Monday 03/09/15, and the first 2 days were the worse! 24 hrs of nothing in the system after the surgery & then the nasty liquid for the x-rays of my stomach.

My doctor informed me that my stomach was not the normal "J" shape & it took much longer with larger incisions to size down my stomach. Has anyone else had this issue?

I am so relieved to find a forum where people can reach out to each other for support!

I am married, mother of 3. I am Muslim, Arab American. Born and raised in Mid west. Now living in New Jersey! I am an event planner and boutique owner. My children are my life! I do a lot of volunteer work and work with a lot of non profit organizations and love it ( that is my passion, helping others ) I will be featured in an HBO documentary about female human rights activists!!!

My name is Brittany! My husband and I are doing this surgery together and we are so very excited to get this life change going. We are about 90% of the way done with our Pre-Surgery stuff since we are going through our insurance.

I have 100lbs to lose and my husband about 250lbs to lose and seriously...WE CANNOT WAIT ANY LONGER. Its exciting to think that this is our new life. For us, for our son, for our future kids. So hello from the Atchley's in Northern California!

I am a 47 year old who was sleeved on September 10, 2014. I am a wife, mother of 5 sons, ages, 29, 28, 20, 19, and 15. I have a great daughter in law and one grandson with one on the way. I am so proud of myself but I am at a plateau and it is driving me CRAZY. My highest weight was 344 and I am now down to 262 and I WANT TO LOSE MORE.... I am so thankful that it is warming up outside so I can WALK WALK WALK. I have been working out but I have not been to the gym for about a week. Got to get back in the gym. My main problem with my foods is Breakfast. I am burnt out on eggs and Protein shakes. ANY SUGGESTIONS. Any good websites for some new recipes that would give me more Protein since my hair has began THINNING.

Once again I am excited but would like some general feedback. Thank you in advance....

Hi there! My name is Michelle, I'm 43 and mom to one gorgeous little girl. I started my journey back in September and have completed the 6 month diet and other requirements for my insurance approval and am anxiously awaiting their decision! I am 5ft and started at 231 lbs but my weight has been as high as 246 but currently maintaining between 227 and 231. Between getting pregnant 8+ years ago and quitting smoking I have gained over 130 pounds. Tried so many ways to lose weight but finally admitted it was no use and made the decision to go for the sleeve. I can't wait to get my new life started. :)

I am a mother of four, grandmother of three. I work full time- school full time, I am single and somehow have lost my way. When we become parents and truly love that roll, we can get lost in the everyday tasks so much so that we lose focus on who we are. That is what has happened with me. I don't know how to answer this question anymore now that three of four children are 100% grown. All I know is I want to find me, learn how to enjoy life to the fullest and begin to understand that there is more to life than just being a single parent with the ups and downs of it. Surgery isn't till May 4th, it's scary on one hand but the other says this is your "jumpstart" to a new me, not my answer in regards to weight loss but for sure a "jumpstart". I commend all of you for taking control of your life. For anyone that is struggling with depression in any form, I just want to say to please know your right now does not dictate your forever and please please find that inner self and tell it this is just emotions from what you're currently going through, this is not your forever! It's just a season you're going through, you can and will overcome this!

My name is Natalie. I am mother of 3 grown children, and 3 grandchildren. I was always a fit, thin person. Until my first of 5 back surgeries. With each surgery getting worse, I've gotten so overweight and unhappy. My weight was always something I monitored. But unable to do exercises years ago, I gained and gained. Now I can do some small exercises. I Will succeed at this! I have a wonderful, loving husband who loves me as I am. But I want to Love myself again too

Hello fellow losers! :lol:

My name is Donna. I will turn 60 in a couple of weeks. OLD!!!! I am a retired R.N. I have been obese since I as 5 y/o. Was put on my 1st diet when I was 9 y/o. Got a "Molina" Lap band back in 1993, which helped for about 2 years. I lost and regained 100#. I have heard that a lot of people have had problems with Dr. Molina's procedure. :(

I am 4'11" and weigh almost 250 big ones. Bigger around than I am tall. :o

I am getting a sleeve as soon as the money is saved and I can get to Tijuana from Houston, TX; hopefully, early summer. Dr. Elias Ortiz will perform my Gastric Sleeve Revision.

I'm not married...for now. :rolleyes: I have 2 beautiful daughters, 5 awesome grandchildren and 1 precious great grandson. I have a lot to live for and I'm ready to become a big loser!!

Hi Donna! You live in Houston too? That is where I am. :)

I live south of Houston in West Columbia. Straight down Hwy 35. I was born in Houston a longtime ago. LOL I am planning on having a Gastric Bypass this summer. I have an appointment with a doctor in Houston at the end of this month. Dr. Nowzaradan has his office in Bellaire. He is on the TLC Channel and performs Bariatric surgery on people weighing over 600 lbs. I'm praying that my insurance will cover mine. If not, I'll be heading to Mexico. I AM SO READY FOR THIS!!!!!

Hello fellow losers! :lol:

My name is Donna. I will turn 60 in a couple of weeks. OLD!!!! I am a retired R.N. I have been obese since I as 5 y/o. Was put on my 1st diet when I was 9 y/o. Got a "Molina" Lap band back in 1993, which helped for about 2 years. I lost and regained 100#. I have heard that a lot of people have had problems with Dr. Molina's procedure. :(

I am 4'11" and weigh almost 250 big ones. Bigger around than I am tall. :o

I am getting a sleeve as soon as the money is saved and I can get to Tijuana from Houston, TX; hopefully, early summer. Dr. Elias Ortiz will perform my Gastric Sleeve Revision.

I'm not married...for now. :rolleyes: I have 2 beautiful daughters, 5 awesome grandchildren and 1 precious great grandson. I have a lot to live for and I'm ready to become a big loser!!

Hi Donna! You live in Houston too? That is where I am. :)

Hi! I am joanne. I am 64 years old. I am nearing my second retirement. I taught first and third graders for 30 years and now work at a preschool where I teach 4&5 year olds. I have 3 children and 6 grandchildren.

I have been overweight most of my adult life. I really gained when I was put on insulin. I am 230 and 5'1'. I have high BP, diabetes, degenerative discs, have osteoarthritis, sleep apnea, etc.

I go to meet with the doctor on April 21. I will also see a counsellor, nutritionist and and exercise person.

I have been on every diet and have not had success and if I did I quickly gained it back.

I am very excited, but I'm also scared.

I have a question maybe someone can answer. I take 2 Celebrex per day for arthritis in my knees. I read that these types medicine are not allowed. How will I handle my arthritis pain? Thanks

I am 70 years old,had my surgery march 2014,I have lost 122 lbs.I have osteoarthritis in both knees,one has been replaced,my Dr will not let me take any inflammatory meds.also have shoulder pain.all drs are different you may be able to take Celerex.hope so good luck to you on your journey.

I'm at the doctors office for preop this morning! Scared? Or happy???