Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-band Eating Like Crazy!!!

I am going through that right now, I NEVER EVER EVER ate McDonald's but once I found out I was getting banded, I started eating it almost everyday. Next week I am going to Las Vegas and I am having the buffet etc etc.

But once I get back, I am going on my liquid diet and eating healthy 100% I already started actually, After you realize that it is there and ask yourself " Why am I eating like I am going to die" Then you will stop and not crave it so much.

Ask that question everytime you get ready to eat McDonald's or Taco Bell. Hell yah, LOL Homer Simpson "Mmmmmmmm Taco Bellll Drool"

You will find out what you are really feeding, it is working for me and my ultimate test is the buffet. I will not eat to get full. I won't allow it!!! But I get banded on August 14th. WOOHOOO

Gotglock21, your pig outs sound just like mine! and your right, I'm eating like i'm gonna die, how stupid is that? I have to get a grip. I think i can, i know i can, I CAN!

Boy, Jack I know that I will only believe it when I feel that feeling for myself, cuz I'm definately not a "normo" . I Can't wait to get that band in "ma belly" as fat bastard would say :)

As time goes on, you will realize that it is always there and you don't need it. Then as the band date gets closer it will encourage you to slow down and start eating right.

It is slowly starting to happen to me and I am not that far away.

I am still going to vegas next week for the buffet's LOL as my "AST MEAL" It is called the LAST MEAL SYNDROME. Hahahahaah LOve it

:faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint: :faint:

^^^^ IN ORDER ^^^^

"I am still going to vegas next week for the buffet's LOL as my "AST MEAL" . Hopefully not, Gotglock. Although the way I've been eating, I'm sure that's where all my last meals ended up!

That's all over now. I started my two week full liquid thing today and I'm pretty miserable right now. It's 6:30 and I don't have a glass of wine or a spatula in my hand. What am I to DO?!?

Ok....rant over. Wish me luck.

Thanks for the good luck, I hope I win big, I am trying for a few poker tourney's.

I am going to see if I can hold back when I go to the Buffet's because I don't want to mess up that bad. But when I get back I will be going on my full liquid diet. BLAH...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! KEEP IT UP GURRRRRRRL ;)

Funny how we all think we are the only ones. We're all so hard on ourselves.

I asked my surgeon about the size of the liver and pre-surgery fast and he said that he has the tools he needs to get the job done (move the liver out of the way) and doesn't prescribe a pre-surgery fast. He also likes his patients to take Protein drinks in moderation and not to "overdose" on Liquid Protein because he wants you to learn to eat good food, not drink calories and because he claims these drinks can be hard on the kidneys and liver. He and the dietician prefer Carnation Instant Breakfast and extra powdered milk added to smoothies, cream Soups, milk, etc. to add additional Protein, but not mega doses. It's interesting how each surgeon has their own way of doing things. Mine is very strict with his aftercare and liquid diet post-surgery, but very lax pre-surgery. Others are just the opposite. I guess they all have their own opinions.

I have confidence in my surgeon - he's been doing laporascopic surgery since the beginning and he's an innovator in the field. I still feel a little nervous about how out of control I feel and the "what if" of a "ginormous" liver.

I like so many of you have been eating burgers and fries (I NEVER eat that stuff) and have been eating lots of ice cream which I also have never gone overboard on. We just went on vacation and luckily the food was not that great where we went and we went hiking and biking an awful lot in high altitude. However, we rented a house in the mountains and I was able to make Cookies and a cake and we ate ice cream several times. I did get in lots of Water, though. I haven't stepped on the scale since I've been back, though - still a little wary.

I have also in recent months started gaining weight around my middle - I've always been a pear! I know that middle age is starting to set in, but that really freaked me out. That's about the same time I decided to get the band.

It's good to know that other people are having the same pre-surgery issues. I've had 2 1/2 months of "last meals" (and snacks). It's time to put a stop to it. I have my private consultation with my surgeon this Thursday, and expect to have a surgery date soon after. By Thursday I'll be freaking out!:omg:

Hi Momotrips, Wow it's amazing the similarities in almost everyones behaviour before banding eh? I just wish it were August 31th and I was in the land of band finally.

Oh my goodness!!! I am RIGHT in the middle of this too! I don't have a surgery date yet or insurance approval!! But as soon as I decided to have this done I have been on a crazy eating fest. I had my pre-op surgeon visit a week ago, my psych evaluation was this afternoon. The dr office said they will be sending out my insurance letter when they get my psych results which should be next week. They said once I get the approval I can set a date....I figured at that time I would buckle down. I think I'm just trying to get this out of my system....knowing I won't be able to swallow McD's french fries and krispy kremes....

I too do not have a date or insurance approval yet. At first I lost weight (so excited that the doc told me I was a perfect candidate..the lbs just came off) I did have a run in with a Drake's Ding Dong shortly after that---something I haven't had since I was a kid-it was highly overrated..lol. I think its normal to feel "the last supper" syndrome And like Dody, I am a diet cola fan. I don't know how I will survive other than to think, eventually I will be able to have some. My sis had GB and she told me I will "mourn" food. Hmmmm the only thing I think I will really miss (and it won't be forever) will be pizza.

This is all normal, so don't worry....you are not alone. And those of you who mentioned MickyD's fries....have we forgot what we learned in Weight Watcher's? If we are going to indulge at MickeyD's....the best choice is a small order of fries!!! I myself had fries yesterday...my daughter made a face and said "oh small fries"? Yup, just a little snack I told her. And you know, I didn't need a big giant sandwich to go with it....that was all I had small fries...savored every one....ate slow. lasted quite a few miles....didn't feel guilty for one second. I had a flavored Water in the car with me....felt rather special...lol. If you deprive yourself completely you will go nuts....just be careful that's all.:)

wowza im going throught that too but over here in australia my surgeon didnt tell me about pre op dieting i only have to fast from 8 am surgery morning and the op is done in the afternoon, hmm it sounds weird that mine is totally different i must call up and ask some more questions..

I wanted to share this with anyone who is in need of a really good tasting Protein shake. I just received my samples and tried the chocolate one and let me tell you it's great. I thougth since you have to go on a liquid diet before surgery, you may want to try this. It's so tasty that I want to make another one and drink it again. I am going to try to drink this for Breakfast and lunch. Maybe I too can stop being an eating machine. So far it's quenched my sweet tooth and I don't want to eat anything. I plan on ordering this.

http://www.healthfitnesschannel.com/index11.html

I ordered the free samples and the chocolate is actually pretty good, and that's a huge endorsement, coming from a person who has hated every single Protein Drink she has tried. They have a special going on now - two 2.2 lb containers for $80.00. That comes out to $18.00 per pound and that's pretty pricey, if you ask me, but maybe it lasts a long time?

PS...I mixed it with 4 oz of Water and 4 oz of skim milk

I had a couple of times in pre-op that I couldn't take it and splurged on meals. Side note though, when I went in for surgery I had to wait almost two hours after my scheduled time because of patients ahead of me that were having a little problem with their surgery. Turns out they hadn't lost the weight and so the operations were a little more of a problem. So, you can do it! loose the pre-op weight it will be easier on yourself too. Good luck and see you in bandland!!

LOL We all do think we are alone, you would think we would spot each other on the street like long lost tribe members and hug and reminisce about food gone by and wonderful buffets we remember.

The odd part is I was never a "big" eater. I started this journey at 503, but even the people in my support group don't believe that I never ate like them. One of the men in the group mentioned his favorite sunday football tradition was a bucket of KFC extra cripsy and a pizza. He would eat all of it himself. I turned to him confused and said, "you can eat a whole pizza? " he was stunned...mostly because I said I knew I couldn't. I think the most I ever ate was 4 slices and I was so sick/full I never wanted to eat again. My downfall was bad food and inactivity. I ate alot of carbs and fats and limited Proteins and veggies. I have gout so fearing Proteins is normal to me, and veggies just dont work well with most heavy carbs or fats. So a nice couple of slices of pizza and some garlic knots, or fettucini alfredo sounded great until you realize that's more then the calories I should eat the whole day.

My last meal was Thanksgiving day. I ate some turkey and mashed potatoes, mashed turnips, broccoli and carrots and I even ate some sweet potatoes despite my life long mental issues with them (something about candy and veggies together weirds me out). My wife commented on the way home that she was suprised I didn't eat more since it was "my last meal". Then she was really shocked by all the veggies instead of more mashed taters which I prefer...LOL. I guess we all view that last meal differently. I know when I switched to solids from mushies I was DYING for "real food". All of those anxieties about food disappear for the most part. I still haven't found an answer for life's truest gifts...peanut butter and chocolate, but I am sure one day I will. Until then I will just curse the TV as all these new PB and chocolate products are advertised.

I ordered the free samples and the chocolate is actually pretty good, and that's a huge endorsement, coming from a person who has hated every single Protein drink she has tried. They have a special going on now - two 2.2 lb containers for $80.00. That comes out to $18.00 per pound and that's pretty pricey, if you ask me, but maybe it lasts a long time?

PS...I mixed it with 4 oz of Water and 4 oz of skim milk

I know it's a little on the pricey side, but I figure if I have to get my Protein in liquid form, I want it to taste good so that I do drink it. After reading everybodies opinon of Protein shakes and how chalky and yukky they are, I have been afraid to get any. But I found this web site and getting the free samples, I figured if this company thought so highly of their product that they are willing to give a sample away, than they might just be as good as they say.

If I'm not mistaken unjury and Vitalady wanted to charge for their samples. So I tried this one and really liked it and went no further.

I have only been using a scoop ful and Water. Haven't tried it with the milk yet.

By the way, I'm not banded yet, but should be soon. The insurance did approve it, but I need to wait for some other information from the hospital. So I am looking for sometime in Oct. if not the end of Sept.

Thanks for the response, sorry I rambled on so.:) :clap2: