Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bmi Normal! Before And After Pics

When I first started this journey, my BMI was 40.7...just enough for surgery according to my insurance. Today I am at a "normal" BMI of 24.3!!! I am finally "normal" I love my sleeve!

post-59326-13813668887381_thumb.jpg

February 2011 237 lbs

December 2011 141.5 lbs

What a difference a year makes!!!

Living the dream,

Laura

post-10327-13813657993864_thumb.jpg

post-10327-13813657994062_thumb.jpg

You look FABULOUS!!!! I'm 10 days post op and can't wait to lose this weight. CONGRATS!!!!

holy moly you look amazing!!!!!

Oh my goodness!!! You look fabulous!! I hope I look as great as you do! We started at the same weight and I hope to be at the same goal weight as you too! I have a couple questions, if you don't mind.

How tall are you?

What kind of pattern, if any, did your weight loss follow? Like, did you steadily lose or did you run into stalls?

What kind of exercise routine did you follow?

I am just so happy for you! You are one hot lady!

Big hugs!

Lisa

Thank you so much everyone! I am wearing my 18 year old daughter's pants in the recent photo!!

Lisa821...I am 5'4" my weight loss had the usual stalls (nasty one at 3 weeks and then more later on.) I tried not to pay too much attention to them because I knew they would break eventually. Just like others have said, even when the scale didn't budge, I was losing inches and pant sizes. I go to the YMCA 4-6 times a week and do a Zumba class. I LOVE IT!!! It is so energetic and fun. I LOVE to dance and Zumba is a great fit for me. Sometimes I swim but not for aerobics. I do it for toning and relaxation. People in my Zumba classes have started asking me what I am doing to lose so much weight and telling me I am an inspiration to them! I always say that I am eating less and moving more. I don't feel it's necessary to tell my medical history to a stranger.

I have 11 children (birthed every single one of them!) and my kids are all so thrilled for me. I am so glad I had my sleeve!!!!

Living the dream,

Laura

Thanks for responding to my questions. I have heard of Zumba but haven't tried it yet. I have a membership at my local YMCA and will have to call to see if they have Zumba. It sounds like I would like it. Wow that's great that you have 11 kids! I have four of my own and two stepsons. I know what a busy mom's life is like and many times I forget to schedule in time to take care of myself. Any tips on how to change my thinking in order to make my exercise a priority? I do the usual...tell myself "you are better able to be a mom if you are healthy and fit", "you a better example for your kids".....well I'm sure you know. You ARE an inspiration to me so I'm not surprised that others tell you that as well. I should have started my exercise a week ago when I was give the "ok" to go for it. I have been busy AND procrastinating....I have lots of excuses. Some are legit though. I do work 40 hours/wk and have a 30 min(one way) commute. Plus I do a second online consulting job and work 10-20hrs/wk on that. Also, I'm about 7 wks postop and have had intense fatigue since week 2. That's a huge battle cuz the last thing I want to do is work out. A friend on here suggested I work out in the morning, just get up a half hour earlier. I have tried by the fatigue keeps winning. I snooze my alarm three times in the morning. Prior to my vsg, I NEVER hit snooze. I figure things should start to balance out soon. I'm taking my Vitamins and eating/drinking the way I'm supposed to. So if I don't exercise yet am I failing to work the plan? Or is this just an adjustment period? I wonder if there are people who never exercise since being sleeved. Anyways, that's for posting your story! You are awesome!

You just had major surgery. Some people are slower to recover than others. Follow what YOUR body tells you. When I first started exercising, I just swam in the lap pool because I didn't want to injure my joints trying to do Zumba. Worked up to an elliptical and bike and treadmill. Then I started the Zumba. Do what ever feels best for you. You know your body best.

I sleep more now than I used to also...and I don't pee near so much! Went for a 6 hour ride on the motorcycle last summer and didn't need to make any pitstops!

Living the dream,

Laura

Congrats! You look AMAZING!! You should defo put these pics on the before and after thread! A brilliant transformations! =]

SHUT UP! You look FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!

You look amazing! I had to laugh because our stats are so close.. I started at 239.8 today 144.4. I am a bit taller at 5'8" - but our weightloss is so close - I had to chime it. Congrats to you - wonderful isn't it!

Congratulations.... you look fabulous..... our BMI is about the same, although I am a bit older and a bit shorter. :-) I am to be sleeved on the 28th. I hope one year from now I can post the same success photos. I unfortunately don't have the excuse of bearing 11 children. OMG, you're a saint. That is a big family, I'm proud of you that you are finally taking care of yourself. I hope 2012 is as wonderful as 2011 has been for you.. Keep up the great work.