Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I At Least Average On Weightloss?

So I had my surgery on 11/10/11 and I'm feeling better each week. As of today I'm officially down 80 pounds (that does include my 3 month pre-op diet), 56 since surgery. I guess I'm having body issues because I just don't feel like I look 80 pounds lighter. I'm much larger than most who have the surgery. My starting weight was 440 pounds. Today I weighed in at exactly 360! I'm excited for the number but wish I had dropped more clothing sizes by now. It can be discouraging when you have to loose 50 pounds before anyone even notices you lost 5. I'm hoping my results are at least average compared to other people on the forum? Now I usually loose a couple of pounds each week. Too bad it can't be like that first week every week! haha

Congrats! That is awesome. Every pound is a pound closer towards goal. I can say much about the average as I was just seleeved one week ago..but I will say I have lost 25 pounds since my highest weight including prep and even I cannot tell a difference..so no sweat....the scale isn't lying. You are doing awesome and keep us updated!

I had surgery 10/31/11 and have lost 23 pounds and seems like hundreds of inches. I don't seem to be losing weight the way I thought. I weighed 248 when I started and now at 224. Am I doing something wrong???Help, if you can please

Ky, you are doing great! Don't worry, you are loosing weight just fine. Keep up the hard work, it's only been around 5 weeks. :) and have fun

Lillie, you have done great also. Keep eating healthy small small portions and enjoy the results.... This is it! Have a Merry Xmas to all!

In every individual journey each person has the choice to either take the positive road or the not so positive one. No, I didn't always view everything with rose colored glasses, but I didn't want to constantly compare myself to others and wonder if I'm "keeping up". I lost just as fast as I was meant to lose. Today I am well past goal. Some lost faster, some not as fast... doesn't really matter. I'm here, and that's what does.

Opps Dorrie, I meant my surgery was 10/10/11, not 11/10/11! Thanks for the support guys. The way I feel now as far as strength and being able to preform my job better are things that make the surgery well worth everything I went through. I guess some days I have those I feel fat as ever feelings but I know I've made progress. I've always heard motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going.

KyGal, Nope, your weight loss isn't average. It's PERFECT for you!! I started at a higher BMI as well and have only lost two pants sizes since being sleeved. However, I have found tons of other changes that make the pants sizes not matter. I can walk better, feel better, have more energy. Even my DH being a Richard Cranium didn't sink me or sent me into a frenzy of eating crap.

Being on the way to goal and knowing it has made a huge difference for me, and will make that difference for you as well! You're doing great and working (ROCKIN') that sleeve!! You go girl!!! :)

You are doing amazing to me!! Keep keeping on! Did you keep any old clothes??? Try them on and you will see just how far you have come :)

Ky,

I know exactly how you feel. My high was 410 and I am just about to hit the 300 mark by new years (fingers crossed). I have been losing consistently and the only place I feel different is in my clothing. I was a 26/28 at surgery and now i'm a 22 on the bottom and 18 on the top. I am extremely happy with my progress and wouldn't trade it for the world. I just wish I felt different naked in front of the mirror.

Everyone, keep up the good work and Happy Holidays!

You are doing amazing!!! You should be so proud of what you have accomplished :) For some reason it takes a while to really start showing up in clothing sizes... at least it did for me! Then all at once BOOM! I was dropping sizes like crazy! The first 30lbs for me were the same as you... I couldn't tell any real difference and my clothes sure weren't fitting much differently. Then as I hit 40lbs I could tell a huge difference! All of the sudden I was down 3 sizes in pants and 1 size in shirts... 50lbs was another pant size down and another shirt size down... coming up on 60 I am once again coming up on another pant size down and my L shirts are just hanging on me. It will happen quickly :) Keep on doing what you are doing!

I think you are on the right path and losing as expected. You've lost a lot of weight and Im sure it isnt noticable to you but is to others. However you'll be at your goal before you know it. I was 260 when i first started my journey and now Im 218 I can see results when i put on some of my clothing BUT I can still fit into them and it takes me forever to actually drop a pants size but I refuse to beat myself up. I'll continue to look at the scale and go off of that.

Good Luck and take care... Your journey has just begun!

For me, I had lost 35 pounds and all of my clothes still fit the same. It was frustrating, but I knew that everything would work out. It had to. I wasn't going to lose 100 pounds and remain the same size, for crying out loud. Sure enough, soon I was able to get into size 38 jeans. About two weeks later, I was in 36 and about two weeks after that, I was in 34s. There was nothing and then whoosh!