Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Capt Derel's Gastric Sleeve Surgery Journey

Today is May 27th, 2012.

7 days ago I was at 245lbs. I reintroduced Creatine monohydrate into my diet to combat muscle catabolism. Within 1 day I have packed on 3 lbs of Water weight. 5 days ago I reintroduced weight training. My training is NOT catabolic training but is anabolic. Its been since 2006 the last time I trained at this intensity. In 2006 I got hurt "tore severe skeletal muscle on the entire upper back" and stopped training in order to recouporate.

Today I am still at 248lbs. My body feels like I am losing weight "which I know it is cause I recognise the sensation". I dont plan on seeing any weightloss "scalewise" the next couple of weeks to be honest ,but I will see an improvement on the saggy skin on my arms and legs lol.

My diet will not be changed in any way. Still High Protein, Max carb 75g, Max fat 35g. Will be adding Forskolin to my added vitamin/ mineral mix as soon as I can get around to ordering it.

Cant wait to see the progress. I have a 15 year reunion coming up in september lol

Are you almost ready to give us those "sexy reveal" photos??? Looks like your vaporizing before our eyes!!! (the thumbnail is too tiny to see well)

Heres a couple shots.

I also found the real food pyramid lol. And my graph from my fitness pal

As far as the sexy shots. Lmfao. Just you wait little lady. My wifes getting excited too. I would say 3 more months

post-19267-13813658855706_thumb.jpg

post-19267-13813658856267_thumb.jpg

post-19267-13813658856874_thumb.jpg

post-19267-138136588572_thumb.jpg

Heres a couple shots.

I also found the real food pyramid lol. And my graph from my fitness pal

As far as the sexy shots. Lmfao. Just you wait little lady. My wifes getting excited too. I would say 3 more months

LOVE IT!!! Keep it up dude!!! I love the downward graph! It's such fun to watch it drop. We'll be waiting! ;)

Today is June 9th,2012. I have been lifting weights now for 20 days. I am at 250lbs today. Its kind of discouraging to see numbers climb but it has nothing to do with gaining fat. Diet is still on point minus a sodium mishap yesterday. My arms, forearms, neck, shoulders, traps, delts, hams and quads are getting solid once again. I can feel muscle fibers through the skin which is real different from pre op "meaning my bf% is still dropping but I am gaining back muscle mass".. I am dropping carbs to under 30grams a day for 3 more weeks to see how this plays out.

Today is June 27th, 2012. I am at 237lbs even. LoL isnt the sleeve great. No problems yet other than the 3 gallbladder attacks. I have come to realize that they were triggered by fat consumption. I noted each time it happened and the days leading up to the attacks were considered fat loading days. 36 grams per day in a 4 consecutive stretch. As long as I stay below the 20 gram/day range I have no problems to note. Also note higher sodium levels accordingly.

But flipside I feel great. I hit a NSV this morning. I am in a size 36 in Jnco pants which run small hence why they are still brand new since I0 years ago. So I am really in a size 34. I didnt realize cause all I have been doing is punching new holes in my belts. But I am down from a 3xl to an XL. I am getting hit on alot. But I love my wife most of the time.

But on a side note my wife rewarded me for losing so much. She was so supportive of me purchasing my new midlife change toy cause it gives her even more incentive to lose on her own preop. Gotta love her

post-19267-1381365908168_thumb.jpg

post-19267-13813659082494_thumb.jpg

Today is JULY 12, 2012. Weight 233lbs.

You know one thing that I have noticed is I have a hard time remembering formulas that I need to remember for school. But I know that I will get it. Also my temper is kinda up there. I know that I was mean before but now I am back on that borderline between stabled and unleashed. Might need a temperment shot like a dog. I have been getting in 3 16oz bottle of Water now. More water=less food. Kinda sucks in away.

But thats all I have for now.

Today is JULY 12, 2012. Weight 233lbs. You know one thing that I have noticed is I have a hard time remembering formulas that I need to remember for school. But I know that I will get it. Also my temper is kinda up there. I know that I was mean before but now I am back on that borderline between stabled and unleashed. Might need a temperment shot like a dog. I have been getting in 3 16oz bottle of Water now. More water=less food. Kinda sucks in away. But thats all I have for now.

What was your starting weight? OH I found it..315. Dang, you were sleeved RIGHT after I was. I'm at 273 now. You passed me like I was squattin' to pee! (I did start at 349, but still!!) You're melting away!!

Dooter, TOO FUNNY.. ."squattin' to pee". :)

Love the new toy! I would love one of those myself after this Journey is over. I also love reading your post and keeping up with your weight loss progress, it gives me something to look forward to. Keep up the good work. The pics look great, your to sexy for that shirt now!

Today is July 29th 2012. 5 months and 11 days post op.

Todays weight 223lbs. Been losing slowly but stressing out the last month over work and coast guard inspections.

Since I stalled again 2 weeks ago at 225, I tried something different just to change it up. I carb loaded on wednesdays. I not only got in 1100 calories but I took in 100g carbs. I also took in 1100 two days after. Talk about stuffed and pushing the reject button the whole time. But after the 3 day stints both times I lost a pound.

I know I am holding excess weight cause I need to do a clense lol " magnesium citrate".

I go home tomorrow finally and I will have someone take some almost 6 month pics in about a week. I still feel over 300lbs but thats psychological and only time will fix that.

Still not hungry just thirsty. I get a heartburn feeling but thats my que for Water then it goes away. I still average 800 calories a day and I feel great. Its a challange to eat over 1k for me. I dont see how some of yall do it. Even if I ate a hamburger just eating half would shut me down for the rest of the day. Still finagling around trying to see what works and doesnt work for me.

Have a blessed sunday. Capt Derel

Heres my Almost six month pictures. Took today August 1, 2012. My feet have shrunk to a size 11, and I am in a Large shirt, 34 pants are not tight at all. Perfect. My head is still big but my helmet is way to big. I am going to have to go get resized. My watch is loose once again even though I took out links last month.

Overall I am rocking it.

post-19267-13813659430854_thumb.jpg

post-19267-13813659431673_thumb.jpg

Today is July 29th 2012. 5 months and 11 days post op.

Todays weight 223lbs. Been losing slowly but stressing out the last month over work and coast guard inspections.

Since I stalled again 2 weeks ago at 225, I tried something different just to change it up. I carb loaded on wednesdays. I not only got in 1100 calories but I took in 100g carbs. I also took in 1100 two days after. Talk about stuffed and pushing the reject button the whole time. But after the 3 day stints both times I lost a pound.

I know I am holding excess weight cause I need to do a clense lol " magnesium citrate".

I go home tomorrow finally and I will have someone take some almost 6 month pics in about a week. I still feel over 300lbs but thats psychological and only time will fix that.

Still not hungry just thirsty. I get a heartburn feeling but thats my que for Water then it goes away. I still average 800 calories a day and I feel great. Its a challange to eat over 1k for me. I dont see how some of yall do it. Even if I ate a hamburger just eating half would shut me down for the rest of the day. Still finagling around trying to see what works and doesnt work for me.

Have a blessed sunday. Capt Derel

Ya call that slow????? DUDE!! That's amazing! You're doing awesomely!!! Not slow a'tall!!

Doot I actually looked at the dates I posted and I didnt even realize I lost 17lbs in a month. I thought it was way longer than that. Well it feels way longer lol. I have alot of excess skin but I am giving myself another year and a half before I press on removal. Gotta let everything settle out first. Everyones telling me to stop. But why? I just dont see why. What do you think?

Btw today is 219lbs

you are doing FANTASTIC !!!! you look great, sound positive and yes, you are rockin your sleeve!

Doot I actually looked at the dates I posted and I didnt even realize I lost 17lbs in a month. I thought it was way longer than that. Well it feels way longer lol. I have alot of excess skin but I am giving myself another year and a half before I press on removal. Gotta let everything settle out first. Everyones telling me to stop. But why? I just dont see why. What do you think?

Btw today is 219lbs

STOP?!? What is Stop?? LOL Hey, you're in the sweet spot right now where you fart and lose 5 lbs, so take it while you've got it. You already know how to put it back on if you need to, right? As long as you're strong and healthy, get as skinny as you want baby!!!

I agree about the skin thing. The body does amazing things when it needs to. It may draw up more than you expect. I'm hoping for that, anyway. Putting a little muscle under it. Who knows!!