Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Canceled 3 Hrs Before Gastric Sleeve Surgery!

Lets see where to begin. I started my Medical Supervised Nutritional Visits in Jan. 2011. After completing my 3 months we submitted the paperwork to my Ins. I then received a letter of denial because the program was changed from 3 months to 6 months. So back to the doctors I went. Then after completing another 3 months we submitted again. Then I get denial letter #2 stating that I was denied because the months where not consecutive. So I appealed. Many weeks later I get another letter of denial. This time denying my HUSBAND who has NEVER submitted anything for surgery!! So I called my Ins and after many weeks I get a response... APPROVED!!! Yay!! So now I am scheduled for surgery on Dec. 5th! Okay so I get all the necessary thing in order. I wake up the morning of the surgery, jump in the shower when my phone begins to ring. And yup you guessed it! It's my surgeons office calling to let me know that my surgery has been cancelled 3hrs before my surgery because my doctor is ill!!! In the famous words of Charlie Brown "AAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHH!!" banghead.gifNow it looks like I might have to wait 2 more weeks!!! I am trying really hard not to lose it but I don't know how much more I can take! I've been scheduled for surgery 3 different times! And this time they even let it get to the surgery date before they pulled the rug out from under me!! God give me patience or Satan give me a bat!!!

I am so sorry that you have had such a bad experience. I truly feel like everything happens when it's supposed to happen. It just wasn't meant to be just yet....but it will happen for you! *HUGS* I know you are frustrated. I would be too. Hang in there!

Oh goodness, what a mess girl! Unfortunately, I guess even our surgeons are allowed to get sick, just why did it have to be on the day you were finally supposed to get your surgery? Oh well, keep a positive attitude and remember how wonderfully healthy you are going to be once you do have the surgery.

You've already weathered the hard part of the storm to get your appoval.....I know the cancellation was disappointing but hang in their your sleeve is right around the corner....

Katrina

look at it as a blessing. now you will be able to Celebrate the holidays with your family without being in any pain or not being able to eat with them. hope you didnt have to do a 2 week pre op liquid diet for the surgery! that would truely suck. soon you will be sleeved and it will all be Water under the bridge. plus him operating on you while he is sick is not good for you. germs! yuck! good luck to you and getting a new date fast!

I know you're disappointed, I guess it is better to wait than have a sick surgeon. Keep on the bright side though - I wish I had the option to jump through hoops for a year to get a discount - I'm self pay and this surgery is so expensive! It is a blessing to get it covered! Prayers your next date is the last!

Aww girl, I'm so sorry; but I do know a bit how you feel. I was supposed to have my surgery on the 6 th, but the insurance company is jerking me around. Best of luck to you. Maybe your date will be soon; I am not rescheduled until Feb. 14. (still pending approval :0P).

What bad luck. I feel for you and hope it helped some to share it with us. What is the old expression ... sorrows shared are halved and blessing shared are doubled.

Unlike your dress rehearsal, I hope your real surgery date everything goes very well for you.

Hugs

Wow what a lesson in perseverance! I am have a bit of a time with My insurance CO who I was told I could do the three month plan that has turned into a five month plan and my end up being a six month plan at this point. They pulled the old we changed the requirement for the three month plan on me when turning in the chart. I still am waiting on a date and was hoping it would be by the end of the year as I had planed due to my deductible being paid for this year. I have to say you do have me beat in the crazy things that can happen. How ever and for what ever the reason is , I am sure you will look back after it is all done and say ,

whoo so glad it happened the way it did. Life tends to throw us elbows and knees and all for good in the end. Hang in there!

wow! i am so sorry to hear that! i pray it all works out. im awaiting approval. tuesday marks 1 week since they claim my papers were submitted. im trying to be patient. :(

Thanks all for letting me vent and for all the encouraging words. I feel much better now. I've come to far to just give up! Now I want it even more! tongue.png

how long did it take you to hear responses from the insurance company, denials & all?

Thanks all for letting me vent and for all the encouraging words. I feel much better now. I've come to far to just give up! Now I want it even more! tongue.png

wow .. i am sorry for all your frustration. in arabic we say every delay comes with better news. so hand in there girl. and wish you the best of luck.

@ jasleeve - All together with the phone calls and denial letters and appeals it was about a month per submission. So about three months of putting up with my ins. But then again I have BCBS of IL and I'm told they are one of the hardest to get approval from.

@ TheNewMe2011 - I like that saying. Puts a nice positive spin to a negative situation. Thanks =)