Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Started Pre Op Liquid diet today and I NEED support

I just started my Pre Op liquid diet and I am constantly hungry all day :( I NEED support,I know I CAN do this. For those post op any tips of what to do when you are thinking about being hungry? Tips?? like drink Water? sip on Protein Shakes more?? Eat more natural apple sauce??? lol anything will be helpful,Thanks!!!

I just try to stay busy. I read, I come on this site a lot, and I watch tv. Sometimes watching tv makes me wanna munch on food so I have to find something else to do. Whenever I think I'm hungry I drink a bottle of Water. It doesn't always work but most of the time it helps. You should be able to have sugar free Jello and/or pudding and also sugar free popsicles. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

I just try to stay busy. I read, I come on this site a lot, and I watch tv. Sometimes watching tv makes me wanna munch on food so I have to find something else to do. Whenever I think I'm hungry I drink a bottle of Water. It doesn't always work but most of the time it helps. You should be able to have sugar free Jello and/or pudding and also sugar free popsicles. Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Thanks I will try to find things to keep me busy. My daughter keep me busy too LOL she will 2 in December,and yes I love to eat the sugar free popsicles and the sugar free Jello and pudding lol

are you allowed to have any Soups? Like Cream of chicken or even broth? Try eating/drinking something every 2 hours. I have been dieting to lose the required weight so that I can schedule my surgery. I am drinking Protein shakes and having Soups. But I am not on the actual pre op diet yet. Just keep drinking Water, chew gum and remember why you are doing this. You can do this! Living a life of obesity is way worse than a liquid diet. The hard part is not before you it is behind you. Just keep your chin up! YOU GOT THIS!!!!

weight.png

are you allowed to have any Soups? Like Cream of chicken or even broth? Try eating/drinking something every 2 hours. I have been dieting to lose the required weight so that I can schedule my surgery. I am drinking Protein shakes and having soups. But I am not on the actual pre op diet yet. Just keep drinking Water, chew gum and remember why you are doing this. You can do this! Living a life of obesity is way worse than a liquid diet. The hard part is not before you it is behind you. Just keep your chin up! YOU GOT THIS!!!!

weight.png

Thank you so much :) Those are the words I needed to read lol,yes I can have cream of Soup,any Soup with no fat strained ,you are right!!!

How long do you have to be on your liquid diet?

I had to be on mine for 2 weeks, and I have 5 days to go.

It does get easier. THe first 3-4 days were really tough.

I found a recipe and tweaked it a bit.... Jello powder, 1 cup of boiling Water, mix it together. Add 1 cup of greek yogurt and mix it with a mixer really well. Put in the fridge for 1 hour...then mix again with the mixer for 3 minutes so it gets really foamy....then put it in the fridge for 2 hours. When its done its really tasty! Much better then plain Jello :) And greek yogurt has Protein in it! My dietitan said i can eat the whole bowl if I want to...but I usually end up sharing with my son (5 yrs old) cuz he LOVES it!

I agree with 2bfit. More Protein may make you feel fuller longer..high protein Soups & shakes, if allowed. Can you suck on sugar-free Vitamin lozenges or hard candies? I think staying out of the house is what will work for me. When I am at home, I want to graze. Good luck. You will do great! One day at a time.

Liliana, others have already given you good suggestions so I can't really add much. But I do want to echo 2bfit's comments, and others. YOU SO GOT THIS!!!! For me it has been so worth it. Just do a little dance, look at an old picture of yourself, and think about why you are doing this. Whenever my tummy would grumble, I did that and felt in control! I am chosing to do this and for good reason. It seemed to boost my resolve. Hang in there YOU TOTALY GOT IT!!!!!!! We'll save you a good seat on the loosers bench!!!! :-)

Thanks you so much ya'll :) I trying to stay positive,I not watching tv lol I am sipping my crystal light and having Protein Drinks, and eating sugar free Jello and I am loving the sugar free pudding and the natural apple sauce, I just think is a nice yummy chicken breast with rice when I eat it LOL

Can you have vegetables? I cut carrots up and dipped them in salsa, pretending they were chips. I drank alot of broth and sf Jello. Good luck. The first few days suck but once the scale starts moving down, you will get so much motivation. Eye on the prize, my friend. You can do it!!!! Good luck

I'm new to this site but soooo happy I found it. I'm on Day 3 of my liquid diet (have to be on it for 2 weeks) and I too am ALWAYS hungry. Thank you sooo much for posting this. I've been trying to do this on Water and shakes alone and dying a slow death. I'm gonna try the sf Jello

Started the liquid diet today and I have absolutely NO energy. On top of that, I'm a diabetic and totally overshot the insulin and dropped to 68 for a blood sugar. I had my one allowed Protein bar to bring it up and now I don't get to chew anything else today.

I just want to bite something. I'm sending my mom to the store for me to get some gum. The Jello is good but NOT crunchy enough.

I can no longer stomach the shakes and its too early for me to give up on them now. I can probably get a total of 4 oz in me for an entire day and the rest of the day i drink Water, can anyone please suggest something. I'm at my wits end. I guess I was more of a foodie than I thought :(