Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December sleevers!

I've been seeing a lot of people who now have December surgery dates, just wanted to say HI, and give us a place to talk while we wait (and count down the days) for our surgeries.

My surgery is on December 9, 2011;

My doctor is Justin Braverman from the N.E.W. Program in Newport Beach, CA;

I start my pre-op liquid diet on November 25th;

And will be sleeved at Tri-city hospital in Hawaiian Gardens, CA.

What about everyone else?

How are you doing with your pre-op diet?? Hope you will be super successful during your entire process... :-)

Keep me posted through your journey.. I am excited for you.. My surgery is just around the corner, as well. I am

exactly 1 week after you... :-) <3

Hi fellow December sleevers!

I'm so excited, just had to share...

I just received an email from my case manager (yes at 9:34 on sunday) stating that I should come prepared to schedule my surgery for the second week of December to my appointment Friday. She said have a plan in mind of what days that week may work for you. I wanted to respond and say EVERYDAY THAT WEEK, but I just politely said 'Thank you'. I'm really super excited now...moreso than before and just wanted to share with you all!

Have a great week everyone.

Good Luck... :-)

Hi Cooper, our stories sound very similar, lol. I too am 5'7 and at my highest weight ever of 267. About 9 years ago i lost 75 lbs and was 170 and loved it, so thats my goal (although i'd be happy just below 200). I too have become severely depressed because I absolutely hate that my weight has gotten this out of control. And I am counting down my days, i spend hours on this site, because it helps so much, and i know its just a matter of a few months that we are all going to be some HOT GUYS AND GALS! Good luck to you!

Thank You.. I need all the support and good vibes that I can get.. I as well, spend hours on here reading many posts.Some sooth, some scare.. I feel confident that I have made the right decision for me. I am very anxious and really can't wait till my day is finally here and the surgery is over and my new life begins.. I can't think of anything else right now... I just want to be a happy me again... I wish you all the best on your journey to your new life.. Keep me updated. I would love to walk with you along the way... Congrats... :-)

How are you doing with your pre-op diet?? Hope you will be super successful during your entire process... :-)

Keep me posted through your journey.. I am excited for you.. My surgery is just around the corner, as well. I am

exactly 1 week after you... :-) <3

Thank you so much Cooper, you are so sweet!

I am excited for us too! I will definitely be posting my experience with the hospital, and my day to day progress after surgery, i've found everyone's stories like that to be so helpful. I get the updated posts sent right to my phone because i love following and hearing about everyone too!

Right now I am struggling through this third day of my pre-op diet. I do great as long as im out of the house...otherwise my head keeps screaming at me to snack while im watching tv. Evenings are the hardest. While i have cheated twice, it was with Protein (a little bit of grilled chicken one night, and some turkey tonight), so i dont feel too horrible about it, i just needed something more than carrots and celery and Protein Shakes. Im hoping once i go back to work tomorrow it might get easier, but then again, who knows :confused5: . I've just been taking it one day at a time, which is all we can do! Good luck with your's too, im sure you'll do better than me!

Im so excited there are so many of us getting sleeved in December!

I am getting so excited! I'm on day 3 of my pre op diet, so far so good. Not as hard as I expected, though ive been off due to the holidays. On the first day, we visited my in laws, and my sister in law made this huge meal and mother in law made homemade candy. They don't know I will be getting sleeved. I told them I'm trying a new liquid diet and they really tried to make me eat, even saying they were offended. My mother in law asked why I would even start a diet around Christmas. I was strong and did not give in! I'm proud to take the initiative to change my life, but I don't plan on telling anyone that I don't feel will be truly supportive. Now the real test is making it through work!! My coworkers think I'm having hernia surgery. Im just hoping Friday comes fast!!

We're Southerners, that's how we act. If you don't clean your plate or accept a sample of our homemade dish then we're offended.....NO WONDER WE LEAD THE U.S. IN OBESITY!!! And your mother-in-law questioning your reasoning for dieting during the holidays was simply unacceptable. She should have applauded your resolve. I just don't get family sometimes, they are our biggest critics.

Happy Sleeving!!

I finally have my pre op teaching class tomorrow! I feel like a kid again, this count down to Dec 14th is worse than any Christmas count down. I'm so excited I can't sleep and I still have two weeks to go! I need to get a grip!

You guys are AWESOME!!!! I'm so ready!! LOL.. I'm glad we have each other!! LOL

Oh, the subject of clothes....I started a new job in May, and I had to buy a fair amount of new (expensive) clothes because I travel and present to clients fairly regularly. A couple of years ago I purged all of my smaller sizes because I was sick of having them around reminding me I couldn't fit into them. So this journey downward is going to be expensive. I think consignment shops and clothing exchanges are going to have to be my friends. At the beginning of November, I bought an expensive suit because I was supposed to go to NYC to present to a very large client and it had to be super formal. I was excited to buy a size 22 for the first time in aeons, but then the visit got postponed because of a reorganization in that company, and now will likely not happen until the new year. So it leaves me wondering a) if I will be able to travel and survive during the full liquid phase and :cool: will the suit be too big? :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

I started my preop diet today - surgery is Dec 12th. I am excited and scared all at the same time.

I have this pesky cough that just won't go away - i am so worried something will come up to delay my surgery and my insurance changes Jan 1 and i lose coverage so i really don't want that to happen!

I had my pre-op teaching class last Tuesday and I have had a really hard time sleeping ever since. I think I knew this was major surgery but I hadn't really....known it, if that makes any sense? Three hours of all the life changes was very overwhelming and I'm really freaking out. I'm going to see if I can get in with their therapist as I'm scared.

I am 99.9% certain this is the right thing for me. Probably even 100% if I think about it logically but emotionally, I'm terrified I'm making a mistake.

I can't wait for the post-op diet, though. My pre-op is so restrictive that Clear Liquids sounds like a party to me. How sad is that?

I was talking to my niece about the surgery and she asked if this means I'll lose my belly. When I said yes, she commented that she's glad I'll have my lap back for her to sit in before she's too big. That almost made me cry.

As for clothes - my surgeon has a clothes swap at their support group meetings because what is too big for you might be just right for someone who started out bigger. They had a ton of stuff.

huh, i wonder if my surgeon has that at their support group/ It only meets once a month so i will have to wait till Jan to go (no meeting in dec for holidays)

babiegirl111,

THANK YOU so much for staring this forum. I feel like all of you are my new friends. I was unable to get on the computer yesterday and missed you all!

Roxy

Roxy, I am so happy for all of us and so glad i started this forum too. Its nice to be able to talk to and meet people who are going through the EXACT SAME things as us, and to know there are SO MANY OF US is so comforting! December is only a few days away, and within the month we will all be on the losers bench! Yay yay yay! :grouphug:

it's official - my surgery date is 12/27! I met with my surgeon today and I just loved him - any concerns I had before are now gone, which is such a relief. I could have scheduled it sooner but it just works best for me with taking work off to do it at the end of the month. Even though it's still 4 wks away I'm fine with that, I think it will go by fast with everything I have to do for Christmas. Looks like I'll be one of the last ones to get sleeved in December! Whoo hoo!

I have my preadmission testing Thursday ------------ December 1st. I will find out then if I need to be on liquids pre op. I already lost around 25 pounds but they still might want the Optifast... yuck!! I am drinking Protein Shakes that REALLY taste good for Breakfast and lunch right now, but that's my plan (doctor approved) and I still can eat dinner. Well whatever, cuz my surgery is December 22 which means a month from now I will be home on liquids, recovering and sip, sip, sipping. lol!! Pretty excited and want it over. Kind of a long 6 months.... sigh!!! We are all giving ourselves the best Christmas gift ever!!!