Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December sleevers!

I am not scared, nervous, or freaking out I am ready to have it done. I have been working on this process for over 8 months and it's finally here all I can do is smile and thank god for this opportunity. My New Year resolution is going to be to get healthy and stay that way and I can actually accomplish it this year, wow.

I completely agree, I'm not nervous at all either! I'm just so stinkin' excited and can hardly WAIT for my surgery day to come. I've also had a few surgeries in my life and i know the pain meds are good and effective - it'll be a little discomfort for a couple days and in return we have this amazing opportunity to return to good health.

Seriously, I can hardly wait...the waiting is hard...the waiting is sorta depressing to me. Anyone else really struggling with the waiting?

Teri i am totally struggling with the waiting, i just want surgery already! For me its been the hardest part. The decision to have the surgery was easy for me to make. I've had my surgery date since October 19th (51 days away) and I feel like time is going in slow motion. I try not to think about it or count down, in hopes of making it go quicker, but i just cant help myself. I find myself waking up thinking okay, 30 more days to go...

I too feel as if im getting depressed, all i can think about is how much i cant stand the way i look and feel, i hate getting up in the morning knowing i have to find something thats going to actually fit me and look halfway decent for work. I also cant get any work done while at work because I'm always on this site, learning more every day reading everyone's success stories, and I want it to be me telling my storey already!

My boyfriend even decided we needed a "break" for now, because I am just to miserable to be around (which im sure is true). I feel like my head is in the clouds, all i wish for all day is for the day to be over so i can be one day closer.

I will be sleeved December 6th at St Francis Hospital in Federal Way, WA by Dr. Hirai! It is nice knowing we have dates so close. I hope we all stay in contact. I can't wait to hear about everyone's experiences.

Good luck December sleevers! I had my sleeve last December and I just want you to know what an amazing year I have had. The beginning can be hard, but once you get through that, life with the sleeve is fabulous. I wish you all the best! Be prepared for lots of compliments. :biggrin2:

Surgery date for me is December 5, 2011 at Orange Coast Memorial Center in Fountain Valley, CA. My doctor is Dr. Ali. I am excited and ready to go. I feel like the car at the red light waiting to see green so I can hit the pedal to the metal. I am not nervous. I have had a rough year. My mom passed away in March and I finally decided that it was my turn to get healthy. Doing that I discovered a little issue with coronary heart disease and underwent an angioplasty in June. Approval for me and weight loss was a piece of cake. Although, I laugh because it only means that I have enough serious issues for my insurance company to yes so quickly. Keeping my fingers crossed that my cardiologist gives me the thumbs up on the 21st of November. I had to undergo a routine nuclear stress test on my heart today and really want for there to be good news when i see him.

Hey everyone i would like to see where all of us started and keep in touch to track each others progress like a December 2011 support group. I will go first my hightest weight on the scale was 321lb i stopped getting weighting myself for a while, i am now 298lb and my goal is 160lb. I was wearing size 24+ in pants and 3X shirts and they were getting tight. How do you know what your goal weight should be?

weight.png

Great question ChunkyandFluffy! Im at my highest weight ever right now at 260lbs. I wear size 20/22 pants, and usually 2X shirts. Im very pear shaped, and cant wait to get rid of my big ol hips and thunder thighs! I picked my goal weight because about 9 years ago i was 175, and i was super happy at that weight. According to the charts the doc has, being 5'7 i should weigh 166, and who knows, maybe i'll decide a different goal weight when i get closer. I would be so greatful to be under 200, so anything more would be fabulous!

Surgery date for me is December 5, 2011 at Orange Coast Memorial Center in Fountain Valley, CA. My doctor is Dr. Ali.

Star we are so close! I live in Huntington Beach, CA, and actually delivered my daughter at Orange Coast Memorial, its a very nice hospital!

Yay for all of us! I am so glad to have people to talk to on this site that are in the exact same boat as me, especially with all of our surgeries so close together! So how are you all feeling...nervous? scared? excited? deathly afraid? Lol, I am totally stoked, and cant wait. I dont seem to be nervous at ALL, but I'm sure that will come the closer surgery gets. I've had several surgeries before, and have no problems with anesthesia, but the thought of the pain afterwards does scare me a little. Otherwise I am SO READY FOR THIS life change! 30 more days till I'm on the losers bench, woo hoo!

hi - my DOS is 12/6 and i am so excited also. i've also had other surgeries. chemo/breast cancer/knees/femur - been around the block too. I am not nervous "yet" more anxious to have it done.

my main concern is AFTER the WLS. I just wil follow all the "rules" and do perfectly. I need to lose 95 lbs (that includes a little wiggle room) I really am so psyched.

It seems like i've been waiting forever. Well we all have to wait (weight!!) a little more.

nice to talk to december sisters, and maybe brothers are around too.

See you around the Water cooler. I'll buy the first drink :biggrin: kathy DOS 12/6

Hi, I had my last supervised weight loss appt and my visit with the dietician to go over post-op nutrition today. I don't have my date yet, because they won't give a date until insurance approves, but they have worked with my insurance quite a bit before and say the approval will be quick, typically 2-3 days, so, that I should have a date within a week. The date I want is December 21st, because my work has basically two weeks where no one works anyway, so I will be able to do the major part of recovery without working having to know about it. I hope my doc will be working that close to Christmas. the coordinator thought chances looked good.

To ChunkyandFluffy -- my highest weight was while I was PG at about 305, but I'm not gonna count that. My highest weight non PG was in August at 278, I am 5'7". Its funny to me that we all are such different sizes in clothes even being similar height and weight. I was wearing size 24/26 pants in August and 3/4x tops. The 24s were really tight. I am now down to 253, and was able to buy a new suit a couple of weeks ago in size 22. That was pretty awesome. I am able now to wear some clothes in my closet I haven't worn in years.

My blog is at http://www.losermama.com. I will probably be writing more now that it is getting closer, haven't been writing for a while!

I'm so excited to see how many people are taking this journey the same day I'm scheduled for. Again, I'm not 100% convinced my surgery will be December 5, but my surgeons office is, so keeping my fingers crossed. This is such a great thread!

My highest weight was 308. I'm currently hanging around 298/297. I'm trying really hard to get at least another 5 pounds off before surgery. Currently I take size 3x/4x up top and 18/20s on bottom. I have what they call the "apple" shape. Hoping to become more of a hour glassy gourd lol. I've been trying to do two shakes a day lately to help the scale move more, but it's so hard to do! Replacing Breakfast with a shake is so easy, but lunch or dinner gets tough.

Cheers everyone! We're awesome!

Hello December Sleevers. I will hopefully be getting my sleeve December 19th (which is also my birthday) by Dr. Weiss in Lexington, KY at Central Baptist Hospital. Waiting I have to say is the hardest part of this. At least I will be able to enjoy Thanksgiving before surgery. I wish everyone the best of luck and the best recovery possible. We have to keep in touch and keep each other posted on our progress. I'm thinking about making Youtube video's as well to remind myself of how I looked and felt and to keep myself accountable. My goal is to lose at least 70 pounds by May of next year. Right now I'm at 283. My sister is getting married and I'm going on vacation and I would like to have a chunk of weight gone by then. I hope I'm not being unrealistic. I guess I will see!