Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting sleeved tomorrow morning

I can't believe it is finally here! Tomorrow morning at 6:00am I will getting my relaxing meds and getting my sleeve at 7:30. All the hours of reading everyone's posts and waiting for my turn to come is finally here. So its liquid only day... That's gonna be a tough one. It also stinks that it's Halloween and I have to take my 11 year old trick or treating without raiding the candy bag!!! Gotta get myself to bed early and keep busy during the day to keep my mind off of it. Not bringing an Internet device to the hospital so I can't update from there but as soon as I get home I will tell the story of my success. :) see y'all in a few days. Say a prayer and wish me luck.

Hi Sandy, my Sommerville friend!

I will be thinking of you tomorrow morning. I also had the first surgery, early in the morning and even though I didn't like getting up at 4 am to get to the hospital at 6 am, I was really to get it over with early rather than later. That way you are in your room by early afternoon.

Sorry to hear that you have to spend your "clear liquid day" collecting candy with your son, but it is what it is. Just keep that Water bottle at your side at all times and keep sipping. I found that I drank a lot of fruit2O and Propel flavored water on my "liquid day". The artificial sweetness helped. This is interesting because now, after surgery, I don't care for it, and much prefer unsweetenend beverages.

Keep your eye on the prize (!!) and all good luck for a smooth recovery. Let's get together when you are up to it. I am only across the river!

Phyllis, aka Hopeful Spirit

Good luck! I am one month out today, and the time has flown by. I'm sending out positive thoughts & prayers your way! U will be great!

Well I will say a prayer for you. I'm in the waiting stage. My date is Dec. 12, and wow, I know what you mean. I started considering surgery about 2 years ago, and even went to my first meeting, about 2 years ago. I smoked back then, and as soon as I found out, you could not smoke, I left. Well after a year a crying about, not being able to have the surgery, because I smoked, I said, than quit. So after 40 years of smoking, and yes I was very young, when I started. I Quit. Yeah, So now I have my date, and will start really getting excited at the end of the month.Listen to me blab on, Sandy, good luck to you, and will talk to you after. Skinny dreams

I am also scheduled to get sleeved tomorrow! I don't have my arrival time yet. I am here in NJ and we don't have power after that crazy storm. I will say a prayer for you....please everyone say a prayer that I don't get pushed back due to all this crazy weather!!

Sandy!!!! Good luck tomorrow!!!! Good thoughts for a super speedy recovery. The liquid stage is soooo worth it!!!!

KKsinisi, Best of luck to you as well! Fingers crossed that the weather cooperates... at least a few hours till you're sleeved LOL!!!!

Good thoughts to the both of you. Looking forward to reading about your journeys!!!

kksinisi I hope you get sleeved tomorrow too. It would really stink if mother nature screws this up!!

Everyone, thanks so much for the well wishes and the words of encouragement. I know I will do great!!! I am just so ready to start my new life with this amazing sleeve. I couldn't made it thru the past few months without all your support!!!

Good luck to both of you! I am almost five months post op now, and have to say this is the best thing I have EVER done for myself. I find myself loving the way I look now. Have lost 90 pounds, and have about 20-25 pounds more to lose to get to goal. Be patient in the initial post op stages. I went through a period of extreme fatigue for 4-6 weeks after my surgery, and some times when I was sorry I had done the sugery. But now, I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING!

Just this morning I went out to buy a new pair of pants, as my 12s are getting to big for me. NEVER in my life have I worn a size 12 before, much less a 10! If I never lose another ounce, I will still say this is the best thing I have ever done!

Will remember you both in my prayers tonight and in the morning. Hope everything goes perfect. God Bless you both!

yay! congrats & god bless. stay in touch <3

I can't believe it is finally here! Tomorrow morning at 6:00am I will getting my relaxing meds and getting my sleeve at 7:30. All the hours of reading everyone's posts and waiting for my turn to come is finally here. So its liquid only day... That's gonna be a tough one. It also stinks that it's Halloween and I have to take my 11 year old trick or treating without raiding the candy bag!!! Gotta get myself to bed early and keep busy during the day to keep my mind off of it. Not bringing an Internet device to the hospital so I can't update from there but as soon as I get home I will tell the story of my success. :) see y'all in a few days. Say a prayer and wish me luck.

Good luck to both of yall...the first couple of days are gonna test ya, don't get discouraged!! Every day it gets a little better!!!

MH

Surgery date: Oct 12, 2011

weight.png

To all getting sleeved... WELL WISHES!! You are going to love the results of this wonderful surgery. Maybe some won't right away, but you will eventually appreciate it. Sip, walk, rest and repeat. :)

Well I got it done and so far I feel really good. The pain isn't as bad as I expected, and neither is eating. I swear I still feel hunger pains and feel like I could eat. Which I know I can't but, I feel like I could try. I'm not nauseous or dizzy, just gassy. The first 2 days I was tired but today I went to 2 stores with hubby and did some errands. So I guess it was a success I just want to start losing weight. I haven't lost anything since 12.5 lb preop diet, but all I've had since coming home last night was 2 Protein Drinks, 1 cup broth, a small applesauce to take my pills in and a pudding. I will have more Protein later. Gotta lose weight on that, right???

congrats! i havent been sleeved yet but ive read that those pains arent hunger pains, they are gas pains but feel like hunger!

Well I got it done and so far I feel really good. The pain isn't as bad as I expected, and neither is eating. I swear I still feel hunger pains and feel like I could eat. Which I know I can't but, I feel like I could try. I'm not nauseous or dizzy, just gassy. The first 2 days I was tired but today I went to 2 stores with hubby and did some errands. So I guess it was a success I just want to start losing weight. I haven't lost anything since 12.5 lb preop diet, but all I've had since coming home last night was 2 Protein Drinks, 1 cup broth, a small applesauce to take my pills in and a pudding. I will have more Protein later. Gotta lose weight on that, right???

Hi Sandy and congratulations to getting to the other side. There will be a lot of "pains" which may seem like hunger, and may or may not be, but you can always have your Protein drinks, sipping very slowly, and that will help. DON'T eat anything now! Take your time and don't do anything crazy. You WILL LOSE WEIGHT, but it is a little disappointing sometimes after you return from the hospital and the scale doesn't seem to be moving. It is because they fill you up to the brim with fluids in the hospital and it takes a little while for you to lose that extra Fluid weight. I was weighed at 298 a couple of days before I went into the hospital for surgery, and when I came home, 2 days after surgery, I weighed 295. I was disappointed. Only THREE pounds after all of this with litterally NO eating for several days!! But I read this forum and learned about the "hospital Fluid thing" and found out that people GAINED weight in the hospital. I was also supported by forum friends. Then, after a few more days the weight started to FLY off. For a few days, I was losing 3 pounds a day, then 2 pounds a day, etc. and now, after 19 days post surgery, I am at 269 which is 29 pounds lost since surgery.

So, hang in there. Drink those Protein shakes -- the Protein will definitely help with the hunger if you really are hungry, sip really slowly and I promise you the WEIGHT WILL COME OFF.

Your Boston friend,

Phyllis, aka, Hopeful Spirit

Thanks Phyllis, as usual you make me feel better and not alone. I was also told it was gas pains and then I walk around a bit and start burping then they go away. I am sipping away at my Protein and broths, I like the warm stuff. I have been having a sf pudding and that also seems to satisfy my feelings. Thanks for the support and I know it will all work out. I'm sure everyone feels that after years of trying every diet and failing that this will be the same, but really, it can't be. It will work. I just have to give it time.