Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dec 6th!!!! Excited and nervous! Started this journey in May, not really sure that I would complete all of the required steps, and really in denial about my health. Thought I was fine as far as health. Ive since found out I have high blood pressure and severe sleep apnea. Im 32, now a little disappointed with this and feel like I'm too young for those things! I started out because I wanted to lose weight for myself, I'm so uncomfortable with it as I have never been this heavy. It took my insurance 5 days to approve me. Now im realizing that I need this surgery to be healthy. Its a little surreal. And I am soo ready to look good again!! I finally got the courage to register here, this website has been so helpful and interesting to me, and now im ready to share my story!

Dec 6th!!!! Excited and nervous! Started this journey in May, not really sure that I would complete all of the required steps, and really in denial about my health. Thought I was fine as far as health. Ive since found out I have high blood pressure and severe sleep apnea. Im 32, now a little disappointed with this and feel like I'm too young for those things! I started out because I wanted to lose weight for myself, I'm so uncomfortable with it as I have never been this heavy. It took my insurance 5 days to approve me. Now im realizing that I need this surgery to be healthy. Its a little surreal. And I am soo ready to look good again!! I finally got the courage to register here, this website has been so helpful and interesting to me, and now im ready to share my story!

Hi I wish at 32 I had done this WLS. I am 58!!, its never too late to get healthy and just feel good, and get rid of some health issues

I also have sleep apnea, high blood pressure, choresterol (msp!!) and the big one, diabetes. So many people have these problems + more. can't wait for some of these issues to be alleviated.

Have fun on the boards, i'm also new, and enjoy being a "peeping Kathy"

My surgery also 12/6 -take care kathy

Hey, Newgirlie!!

I'm 31 and going through the same thing. I'm from south Texas. My friend got his surgery this past week and he's about 50ish, and he said he had wished he had done this earlier in life. I told him that it didn't matter when, just as long as he got it and it made him healthier asap!

I was wondering what insurance you had and if it already got approved, why do you have to wait so long to have it?

Hi, girls. My surgery is also 12/6. I have fibromyalgia, arthritis, degenerative disk, too many things to list. I take between 12-15 Rx meds daily. I am 34 and so looking forward to having a new life. I hope this helps me achieve that. Best wishes with y'all surgery :0)

I will also be sleeved 12/6 :) I am 31 and my blood pressure was high, since I have lost weight for the 6month supervised diet my bp is now in the normal range. I think that with the weight loss most of your problems will be resolved. Good luck to you ladies on 12/6!

Gina

Hey, Newgirlie!!

I'm 31 and going through the same thing. I'm from south Texas. My friend got his surgery this past week and he's about 50ish, and he said he had wished he had done this earlier in life. I told him that it didn't matter when, just as long as he got it and it made him healthier asap!

I was wondering what insurance you had and if it already got approved, why do you have to wait so long to have it?

Hi Melissa,

I have cigna. They require a 6 mo diet with a dr, amongst a few other dr/pysch/nut evals. Paperwork was submitted to cigna on mon, oct 17, & I was notified mon oct 24th of approval. 5 business days, one week! They were ready to schedule for nov, but dec was better for my work. Not to mention all pre op testing, ive had two sleep studies, and have a stress test, endoscopy, labs, and consult to still attend before! But itl be worth it. I wish you luck and speedy approval!!

Benisa & Gina,

Congrats to you both! I'm so excited to have found fellow dec 6 sleevers!! I can't wait to see our progress and share the experience. Hopefully all of our health issues resolve. And im so looking forward to go shopping for smaller clothes!!!

Hi all you Dec 6 ers. I am having surgery Dec 5 in tijauna. Anyone else going to Mexico?