Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello fellow believers! I don't know about any of you, but I had a hard time making the decision to undergo WLS. I do not know any other believers who have undergone WLS and for the longest time, I always felt like it was too serious a measure and that God wouldn't want me to do something so drastic. However, after about a year of prayer and research, I realized that there is no way that God would want me to live in an unhealthy way. God wants us to take care of our bodies and I truley believe that the sleeve will help us do that. I no longer doubt my decision and after lots of prayer, feel ready to move forward with the rest of my life. I am excited to be healthy because it will enable me to do more for Him and His kingdom. I look forward to hearing about your journey! God bless!

I also had a hard time with this decision. At first I prayed about my health problems and I was so sick all the time and I asked Jesus to help me. Everything fell into place as far as my insurance, my surgeon and the finances needed. Then my husband began to fear the surgery so he asked me to try to diet again. I gave it a try for one month on my own strenght again. I was on weight watchers and healthy choice Entrees. I lost like 5 lbs. I realized I needed help so my husband told me to have the surgery. I had peace. After my surgery I felt unsure if God was pleased with me. I prayed and asked him to forgive me. But then I realized I had destroyed his temple my body already with my obesity, disobedience, and causing my body to breakdown to the point of bad health. Then I had peace knowing now I would taking care of the temple of god, my body.

Redhead, If we still had perfect bodies, I'd be worried. However, we are in bondage to sin and decay. We are all dying and our bodies are failing. God has given us the tools, and the doctors to combat this in whatever way we can. We can do this to the glory of God. We don't have to worry about messing up what God created. Adam and Eve did that for us. I'm glad you've come to peace with this. It's a good thing. :)

Best advice I heard from a friend is "It's okay to let someone help you." I didn't get any answer specifically from God, but I asked for an answer that I could plainly tell was an answer from HIM, or to give me serene peace, and boy did I have peace! I wasn't worried about it at all until about 30 mins before surgery and I think nerves just got the best of me. And then to top it off, I have had little to no pain since the surgery 6 days ago. It's amazing! All praise to the Father! Praying for you!

We don't have to worry about messing up what God created. Adam and Eve did that for us.

lol, funny! but you're right, none of us are perfect. I posted elsewhere that I was concerned about what God thought about me cutting out a perfectly healthy stomach. A sleever responded by reminding me of the scripture about if your eye causes you to sin then cut it out. I thought that was an interesting perspective. I responded by mentioning the scripture that says that whatever we obey is our master. I'm sure that God doesn't appreciate the fact that I obey my stomach more often than I should. I believe that removing something that often interferes with God being my master is a good thing. Afterall, isn't that what fasting is about?

Hello everyone...I don't know if this topic is still active, but I am new to this site...and I am thrilled to have found this Christian Sleevers group. I have surgery possibly scheduled for 4/12/13 if all goes well. I have been bouncing back and forth between the Band and the Sleeve. My biggest dilemma with the Sleeve is...am I doing something wrong as a Christian, by messing with the anatomy He created? I find your various answers very thought-provoking and helpful. I know I have already

messed with my anatomy by becoming morbidly obese...but cutting away most of the stomach seems so drastic at times in my head. However, the Band has its own set of problems (I know no WLS is perfect), therefore is my growing interest in the Sleeve. I mostly beleive WLS is a blessing to help me in this day and age of technology etc. Well, I am saved by Jesus no matter what I decide...how wonderful is that!!? :) I hope to hear clearly from Him by getting some peace on this. I wish you all many blessings on your journey...and look forward to reading more on this site. God bless you all! :)

I had vsg surgery on Jan 14, 2013. Maybe I'm rationalizing but I view the vsg as a tool, in the same way that when my appendix needed to be removed (or a number of other body parts I've had removed over the years) I had it removed. If this helps me live my remaining years in better health I'm going to use it. I am thankful that God has given our surgeons the knowledge and skills to to perfect this procedure, and that I am in a place and time to be able to take advantage of it.

I believe that each person must pray and come to their own decision. I know that God will give you peace in whatever path He leads you.

Glad to have read these replies and know i am not the only one who had these thoughts.