Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I LOVE SMOKING, there I said it....

:D Oh Raine!! You can do it. Smoking is definatley a mind over matter thing. I know because I kicked that nasty habit April of last year!! YAY

I started when I was 12, yes, 12. I was 36 when I quit and soooo glad I did. All it took was will power and a box of Nicoderm CQ Patches and I was good. Get you some of those, they REALLY help!

A year and one month to the day of quitting, I had VSG surgery. Two of the best things I have EVER done for myself.

You will feel so much better when smoking doesn't control you anymore!!

You CAN quit if you really want to. I have faith in you. Hugs!

Kelly

I quit cold turkey six years ago. That is the only way I found to quit. I just put it in my head if I smoke one more cigarette I would smoke another one. Eventually you stop thinking about it.

Raine- how is it bothering your mouth?

Some people are sensitive to the pg- versus vg type liquids-

Raine- how is it bothering your mouth?

Some people are sensitive to the pg- versus vg type liquids-

What is Vg and Pg? Just makes my mouth sensitiven areound my cheeks and a little on my tongue. I've read where this is a side effect of the e-cigs in general. I think its just a matter of getting used to smoking them. We shall see.

Day 5!!!

What is Vg and Pg? Just makes my mouth sensitiven areound my cheeks and a little on my tongue. I've read where this is a side effect of the e-cigs in general. I think its just a matter of getting used to smoking them. We shall see.

Day 5!!!

VG is vegetable glycerin. PG is propylene glycol, an ingredient approved by the FDA for use in many kinds of products (food, cosmetics, skin care). It's the component that makes the vapor (not smoke). It can cause dry mouth, which can be alleviated by increasing your Water intake. I've been using my e-cig for close to 2 years, have no desire to smoke, and have experienced many of the same health benefits as someone who quit smoking altogether. My surgeon will not operate on anyone who smokes but was perfectly fine the e-cig. Remember, nicotine, absent the smoke, is no more dangerous than caffeine. E-cigs are a great alternative to cigarettes.

Day 5 was a little rough but not too bad. Definately wanted the tobacco taste, but the nicotine from the e-cig helped. Today we start Day 6 .... one day at a time!

I quit cold turkey six years ago. That is the only way I found to quit. I just put it in my head if I smoke one more cigarette I would smoke another one. Eventually you stop thinking about it.

This is what I had to do. My doc was refusing to operate if I failed a blood test for smokes. PC or not I LOVE SMOKING. But I love being around for my kid a lot more.

The two main types of e-liquid are known as PG Propylene Glycol – used in food flavorings and also in fog machines at

nightclubs to produce the smoke appearance and

VG Vegetable Glycerin which is more syrupy and is derived from vegetables.

Generally the PG has a better throat hit and flavor than VG while VG can produce a little more vapor.

PG is the most common e-liquid on the market today.

PG is the standard generic Fluid used in most mixes and is ~80% of a standard Fluid mix . VG is sometimes used but not common.

When some have an allergic reaction to PG (~3% of folks) VG is an option when buying fluid. In stock carto's however it isn't available in mass if at all (that I know of). VG is generally thinned down with a 5% alcohol base since it is thicker, but the advantage

is it has an increased vapor over PG. It also is blamed for a softening of throat hit (as it's called dumb term, but..) and flavor. Because of

that many don't like using VG, due to the softening , many mix match to get a balance and added vapor (say a 50/50% mix).

VG is sweeter as well.

VG is thinned with alcohol, but not in a large percentage (above).

A 24 mix can be cut """but """ at the expense of flavor. So if you cut your 24mg in half with a 50% mix of (either)VG or PG, you of course

get a 12mg but you also lose half the flavoring content. Best to buy a matching fluid in (say) 12mg and cut 50/50 , getting 18mg end product,

with the same flavor. See the methodology ?

Source: http://www.v2forum.com/discussion/869/pg-vs.-vg-and-other-questions-for-the-pros-/p1

Okay, I don't want to sound like an ad for e-cigs here, but they have been amazing. I quit for a month in June, suffered daily and gained a ridiculous amount of weight. I have quit for a few days about 4 times since then and being around smoker friends and stress always got to me. I decided to try the e-cig and just go for the 0 nicotine version. I had terrible withdrawl for the first 3 days, but it was all the physical yuckiness. Since then, I keep my e-cig filled and charged and I haven't really had any craving whatsoever. The guys at the company I buy from say that is what it was designed for, but most people do it backwards and start with the high mg and stairstep down. I felt like that was just prolonging the inevitable suffering so I just did it. I even went out with a friend the other night while she smoked and smoked my e-cig. Not for a second did I want what she had, in fact, the smell was TERRIBLE. I may carry it around for a long while yet, but it is like inhaling a fog machine with a little flavor. My husband and I are doing this together (again) and we didn't try to kill each other this time either. lol. Tonight at midnight will be 8 days and for the first time in my life I don't miss it AT ALL. I am finally a non-smoker. This one stuck. It feels amazing. There is one side effect that hasn't been pleasant. I can smell everything so much better and I am finding a lot of things that smell pretty bad. Whatever your method, when you find it, you will know it. I know you can all do it. You are all worried about your health and attempting to do something about it or you wouldn't be on this forum at all! GL!! If you decide to give it a shot, these are the people I used and they are awesome.

http://www.esmokeronline.com/229.html

Raine~ just want to encourage you! YOu can do it...you will be thankful you did!

I also quit using the e-cigs in November of last year. I was actually becoming one of those people that hated being around smokers. My sister passed away suddenly in June and I immediately picked up cigarettes. I stopped again in July and I am going back and forth with it now. I may not smoke for a month or two then I get depressed and the first thing I do is buy cigarettes. Not to mention none of my family knows I started back and I don't want to hear it from my parents so I'm now a closet smoker. It's ridiculous at 40yrs old I'm hiding it but I guess I just don't want to admit I'm a smoker again.

You can't beat yourself up over it. Cigs are the most powerful addiction out there.

The e-cig didn't really work out well for me. It was irritating my mouth too much. But I will try again eventually. :)

I smoked 2 packs a day for about 28 years--I LOVED it!!! I took chantix for two weeks and quit--that was over two years ago--I haven' t wanted one since-- good luck--you will feel so much better!!!