Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OCTOBER 2011 SLEEVE ROSTER

Leaving for hospital in one hour. Will be sleeved tomorrow morning. Just said goodbye to my 3 kids (6, 3 and 1) which was hard. Getting nervous now! See you all after!!!!

octobers flab to fab lol im thinking of more && I liked Octoberfest too!

How about Octoberflab to Fab?

Good luck, Lozza! We'll be waiting for you on the other side! Take care and post when you can so we know you're okay!

Leaving for hospital in one hour. Will be sleeved tomorrow morning. Just said goodbye to my 3 kids (6, 3 and 1) which was hard. Getting nervous now! See you all after!!!!

:bump:

Hi Chris:

Just wondering what your blinking "Bump" picture means in your last post. Are you okay?

Phyllis

:bump:

Are any of the ladies on here that were sleeved last week with Dr. Aceves? Just wondering how you're doing.

I have had NO nausea at all and drinking fine as long as I sip. I get that uncomfy bubble if I drink too much at once or too fast.

Yesterday I caved and had a tiny spoon of PB but it went down fine. I also had some Arctic Zero whey Protein 'ice cream', it was so good and went down great. I wish that stuff wasn't so expensive!

she put bump to make the topic appear on the first page of new content

Hi Chris:

Just wondering what your blinking "Bump" picture means in your last post. Are you okay?

Phyllis

Thanks! Most of this stuff is new to me, but I am getting used to it quickly! How are you doing? You will be sleeved on Monday just like me!! I was nervous for a week or so earlier, but for some reason I am more calm now. I am a believer of the "self-fulfilling prophecy" and am thinking that my surgery will go easily with minimal pain like some people have experienced. I am hoping positive thoughts will carry me through. How are you this last weekend before our "change of life" experience?

Let's keep in touch,

Phyllis

lol its ok I completely understand!!! my emotions have been just about everywhere.I'm still in disbelief that finally its going to happen I'm 22 never been small so now I'm just worried about people changing as well as myself.These past days I've just been trying to reassure myself that this surgery is the best thing for me.What time is your surgery mine is at 11:00 but I have to arrive at 9:00 keep me posted on your journey I will do the same omg only one more day can you believe it lol goodluck<3

Thanks! Most of this stuff is new to me, but I am getting used to it quickly! How are you doing? You will be sleeved on Monday just like me!! I was nervous for a week or so earlier, but for some reason I am more calm now. I am a believer of the "self-fulfilling prophecy" and am thinking that my surgery will go easily with minimal pain like some people have experienced. I am hoping positive thoughts will carry me through. How are you this last weekend before our "change of life" experience?

Let's keep in touch,

Phyllis

haha me too trying to stick to healthy like food my surgeons policy is if you gain weight they'll cancel your surgery so I've been just drinking liquids but I found myself stuffing a handful of cinnamon Cheerios in my mouth lol missed my carbs but anyways goodluck to you keep in touch what time is your surgery mine is at 11:00 am so excited!

I am the first surgery of the day: 7:30am. One day, 9hrs, 45mins from now. Oh yeaaaaa!!!

Im such a dork...LOL!

Hi Ren>3:

Glad you are holding up okay. Don't worry now about people changing now. Just think about getting through the surgery tomorrow beautifully and coming out on the other side when the worst part will be over! That is what I am thinking. My surgery is scheduled at 8am and I have to be at the hospital at 5:45 am tomorrow morning!!! This means I have to wake up at 4 am!!! I am happy to have it in the morning so my this time tomorrow I will be (hopefully) be in recovery waiting to go to my room and see my friends!

As far as people changing, I am afraid that will happen little bit for some people, but not everyone, and you will be able to handle it if you are prepared. I am 66 years old and have a lot of life experience with being very overweight my whole life. There was only one time that I lost all my excess weight on weight watchers when I was 28 years old, but it only stayed off for 6 months before starting to come back to even more than before. During that one thin period in my life, at least one of my girlfriends thought of me differently which was difficult, but the most surprising thing for me was all the attention I began to get from the male population. We all want that, right? But it can be very difficult to deal with if you never had it before, which I didn't. So I got me a good psychotherapist and with a lot of support, and I got though it. Therapy or Counseling are good at a time like this. I am happy I am in therapy now, because now I expect the changes and know I will need help with the adjustment.

I have a great book for you to read. You can find it on Amazon, and it may be good to read during your recovery. It is OBESITY SURGERY, STORIES of ALTERED LIVES, by Marta Meana and Lindsey Ricciardi. There are a lot of personal stories from people who had bariatric surgery and I think you will find it helpful.

Good luck tomorrow. I will be thinking of you and we can meet up on line after we are out of the hospital!

Phyllis, aka Hopeful Spirit

lol its ok I completely understand!!! my emotions have been just about everywhere.I'm still in disbelief that finally its going to happen I'm 22 never been small so now I'm just worried about people changing as well as myself.These past days I've just been trying to reassure myself that this surgery is the best thing for me.What time is your surgery mine is at 11:00 but I have to arrive at 9:00 keep me posted on your journey I will do the same omg only one more day can you believe it lol goodluck<3

Hi MsKendraHL!

Wow, I thought I was the first surgery of the day tomorrow at 8:00 am and you beat me!! LOL I think it is good to get it over with early, don't you think? Since I have to get up at 4 am to get to the hospital at 5:45 am, I am thinking that I will be so tired (no caffine, you know) that I won't know what is going on until it is all over! Today I am on a clear liquid diet all day. So far it has been Water, fruit 2O and Propel, and I am doing okay as long as I am no further than 15 min from the toilet!!

I will try to connect with you and everyone when I get home from the hospital. I don't think they will allow me to have my computer at the hospital.

All good things (and thoughts),

Phyllis, aka Hopeful Spirit

I am the first surgery of the day: 7:30am. One day, 9hrs, 45mins from now. Oh yeaaaaa!!!

Im such a dork...LOL!

I am scheduled for the 19th. thanks for adding me to the list. Mary

Official October Sleeve Roster

3 – Mim, TinyTummie, Missy<3, beachlover09, Monty, ~eclipse~, AussiePatto

4 – JenniLee0628, ereneeh

6 – 5McK, JMYERS NOLA (Jason)

7 - Shamrock323

8 - ara1973

10 – kygal1982, Terry H,. Bakomom, A New Day, Pixie Jen, Courtines, Angelica

11 – lisajxoxo, Holiday, Fusilli66 (Gee), AnneAC, Boo2011

12 - +change (Jan)

13 – New start, Lozza, bklyncat58, Kim1204

14 – terrih1, oknev, Heller2U (Stephanie), AmberP, smallgirlsxthree (Stephanie)

17 – Hopeful Spirit (Phyllis), mamasez (Leah), Ren<3, MsKendraHL, meohmy

18 – azsenior, KayyyBeee, KCSunshine, his2my2our4 (Kristin), mocha, bh7, ButterflyTX

19 – SmokyMountainGal2011, Browneyedsouljah, Yukon Kara, patd1952

20 – Soon2BMiniMommy (Chris), ab76307, Vegaslaw, vf59, StLouisSarah

25 - Free2B, saints92

26 - CTFats

27 - fatbetty

28 - GetInMyBelly

31 – iboprincess, Honeydue28 (Ronda), Sweetness2005

Unknown/Undetermined:

Jennsev123, putasleeveonit 9th or 10th?