Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Combo meals???

OK Now What made me think I could order a number 10 (spicy chicken burrito, soft taco, fries) at Del Taco AND A MEDIUM AT THAT? LOL

This was the first time I have done this since being sleeved. I normally order 1 item and a drink. But I was on a tight budget so I was looking at this financially...I wanted a spicy chicken burrito and medium diet coke (for 30 minutes later) and it was a better deal for me to order the combo SAY WHAT??? It's almost like they want us to eat more :-( ...anyhoo I gave the taco away and ended up throwing away the fries, what a waste.

Needless to say, lesson learned, no more combos for me.

I am kind of like that. I ordered complete Chinese Egg Foo Yung and Eggroll when I went out to lunch w/ the family. My husband said not to do it and just have a couple of bites off his plate. I ate about 4 bites of meal and husband took it home for his next meal and eggroll went to son. I think that I can eat as I used to, but of course I can't. Glad that I had the sleeve to keep me in check.

I've been having the same thing when I'm thinking about what to pull out of the freezer for dinner. I've been cooking the same amounts for our family for a long time and I forget that I really can't eat that much anymore. I'm sure that I'll get better at gauging the amounts I'm cooking soon.

Yup, with combos the drink is so tempting!

My go-to fast food is a Taco Bell Fresco Crunchy Beef taco and an order of pintos and cheese. It is still a bit too much to eat but it's under $3. Can't beat that with a stick!! Or can you???

Taco Bell - Fresco Crunchy Taco Beef, 1 taco cals 150 pro 7 carbs 13 sugar 1 fat 7

Taco Bell - Pintos and cheese, 1 serving - 128gmscals 170 pro 10 carbs 19 sugar 1 fat 6

When I was in IHOP with a friend, we were talking to the waitress about my surgery and she said I can always order a 1/2 portion of anything. I had never heard of that before. I don't know if it is true at all restaurants (I'm sure not the fast food places). I usually just get a doggie bag or order an appetizer and then have a little off my husbands plate. But I may ask for this option sometime in the future and see what happens.

Anyone who has worked in a restaurant ever heard of this?

I went to Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes with a friend a couple of weeks ago and it was great because they let me pay for the kids portion ($5). I only got a tiny salad and a bowl of Soup but at least they didn't make me pay for the adult plate.

LOL ... Portion Control is so odd. I've pretty well trained myself to know the sizes of what I can eat, so I don't measure anymore.

The other night I was talking while dishing up my food. All of the sudden my husband starting laughing and asking "what army was going to help you eat that"? Yep! I had dished up a pre-surgery portion. Good think it was family, caused I scraped it right back into the serving bowls.

Gotta love the sleeve!

Yup, with combos the drink is so tempting!

My go-to fast food is a Taco Bell Fresco Crunchy Beef taco and an order of pintos and cheese. It is still a bit too much to eat but it's under $3. Can't beat that with a stick!! Or can you???

Taco Bell - Fresco Crunchy Taco Beef, 1 taco cals 150 pro 7 carbs 13 sugar 1 fat 7

Taco Bell - Pintos and cheese, 1 serving - 128gmscals 170 pro 10 carbs 19 sugar 1 fat 6

I usually get the $2 meal at Taco Bell. The gordita or double decker and it comes with a drink but I wait and drink it 30 minutes later. I take the doritos home and save them for my daughters lunch or someone will eat them as a snack.

LOL ... Portion Control is so odd. I've pretty well trained myself to know the sizes of what I can eat, so I don't measure anymore.

The other night I was talking while dishing up my food. All of the sudden my husband starting laughing and asking "what army was going to help you eat that"? Yep! I had dished up a pre-surgery portion. Good think it was family, caused I scraped it right back into the serving bowls.

Gotta love the sleeve!

I totally know what you mean. The good news is now I hardly ever have to buy lunch, EVER. I typically take dinner left overs the next day for lunch :)..Saving money and eating healthy too. I buy lunch during the weekend when I'm on the run.

I do love my sleeve!!!

I went to Souplantation/Sweet Tomatoes with a friend a couple of weeks ago and it was great because they let me pay for the kids portion ($5). I only got a tiny salad and a bowl of Soup but at least they didn't make me pay for the adult plate.

Wow! I love souplantation. But I totally don't go to places like that now. Do you have a card or did you just tell them you had wls? I would love to go there again.

I can't wait until I experience that! :)

Girrrrl It's going to BLOW YOUR MIND! It's an AMAZING GIFT, TOOL, MIRACLE :)

I was able to lose weight in the past but could NEVER keep it off and would gain it in a second LOL. Sleevie Wonder is truly a WONDER :) and I'm so grateful!

Wow! I love souplantation. But I totally don't go to places like that now. Do you have a card or did you just tell them you had wls? I would love to go there again.

I wouldn't have chosen to go there because it's ridiculous with the teeny tiny amount of food I can eat. My friends daughter wanted to go so that's where we went. Initially the cashier gave me a hard time and wanted to see a card. I don't have a card from my surgeon so I just spoke to the manager and told her about my surgery, she said it was totally fine.

LOL, This is a good rant- I always end up giving my food away- it never fails lol. If I go to IHOP, I always order off the kids menu- I usually can't finish that either lol.