Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am scheduled for Nov 1 and started my pre op diet on the 18th. I won't lie, the first few days really sucks!! It's hard because your hungry and you basically quit food cold turkey... Sorry for the pun. But I am now 5 days in and it was alot easier today. I am eating my Jello and last Protein Shake of the day as I type. Just remember it will be worth it in the end. I've lost 8 lbs in 5 days so that has given me incentive too !!! Good luck and keep your eye on the prize. By January we will be shopping for new clothes and feeling great about ourselves. :)

Welcome! You are going to love your sleeve and your hunger is gone for the most part. You don't really need a lot of thing BUT I would invest in some Premier Protein shakes.< /p>

Congrats on the surgery date! Mine is Nov. 2nd...looks like we will be taking this walk together! :P

I began my pre-op liquids on Oct. 18th ...I choose to do one extra week to REALLY shrink my liver! It has gone well and I am so ready!

Best of luck and let us know if we can help!

Babs

I really appreciate the advice and words of encouragement! I've been cutting back the carbs and sugars as well in the past week or so to get a jump start on the liver shrinking. Now time to do the cold turkey thing and all liquids! "SouthernSleever", can you recommend some of the premium Proteins out there? Also looking for some unflavored Protein to add to various foods if anyone knows of some.

Hi, good luck!! I'm doing the liquid diet now for surgery on Nov 1. I have been using Unjury Protein. They come in great flavors... Even one that tastes like chicken Soup. There unflavored works good and really doesn't have a bad taste. I put it in my sugar free Jello. The only thing you need to remember is not for it to go over 130 degrees. IOC the hot Water and then mix the unflavored in the cold water, then mix together. But they are fairly inexpensive and it's really quick shipping. They also have the nicest customer service people, helpful and accommodating. Good luck. Keep us posted on your progress!!

Went in last Thursday (Nov. 3rd) for my sleeve and weighed 276, down 16 pounds in the 3 weeks before my surgery (started a little early on my pre-op). Sleeve went well Thursday. Had 5 tiny incisions and one that was barely an inch with 3 small staples. Dr said my liver good nice and small and that it was a "textbook" surgery. Did well the afternoon and evening after my surgery. The worst day was the day after on Friday. Felt a little nausea, but never got sick and went home that afternoon. Been taking about a 10 minute walk 2-3 times a day since then. Feeling great and started on full liquid diet (per Dr) the day I came home. A little difficult to get all of the Protein and Water in initially, but I take in a little more each day and feeling stronger. Dr says I can start mushy foods the second week which will be this Thursday and looking forward to it. I've been very fortunate during this process that things have gone well. Want to thank everyone one here for what they've shared....... it's really helped to prepare me well for this whole process!

weight.png

I was sleeved on Nov. 3rd. I lost 14 pounds on my pre-op, but along with a lot of muscle. : ( I've lost 17 pounds since my surgery and I'm back at the gym now exercising regularly and lifting wieghts again, but VERY weak, so I'm easing back into it. I've tried the powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury unflavored and seems to be worth using. As far as what I'm now eating, I'm back to regular foods and this Thursday will be 5 weeks since surgery. Seems like I'm eating more than I thought I would. I'm eating close to 3/4 cup of food. I still haven't felt really full yet, but I do stop when I think I may be getting close. Makes me wonder if the Dr left me a bigger stomach than most patients. But I'm still losing weight slowly now and my family says I eat a lot less than I used to, which was my main goal. No problem getting my Protein in the past 2 weeks.

weight.png

You're doing just fine... :) Good for staying positive. Thanks for the update! Great photo too!! whoohooo!!

Sounds like you are doing great. Don't be too quick to get in there and work out hard core. Nice and easy wins the race.

Hi there,

I'm new to the site & hardly know how to use it.. Hope this is a private message, if not hi all! I'm nearly a year 1/2 post gastric sleeve surgery... Haven't really had any complications... I've lost 42kgs in total- have platoed recently.. Go to the gym 4 times a week, eat reasonably healthy... Take my Vitamin suplements... I don't feel thirsty, so really need to focus on increasing my Water Intake dramtically. But the last year have had significant symptoms of lack of concentration, fatigue, constantly lethargic .. Have had bloods, nothing's really come up.. Boarder line Iron deficient ... Have u heard anything about this? Have u had any problems? How many months/ years post surgery are you?

**future**

Welcome :) I'm new kinda too! Or at least I still feel new! Do t know anyone yet! Glad ur here

Hi there,

I'm new to the site & hardly know how to use it.. Hope this is a private message, if not hi all! I'm nearly a year 1/2 post gastric sleeve surgery... Haven't really had any complications... I've lost 42kgs in total- have platoed recently.. Go to the gym 4 times a week, eat reasonably healthy... Take my Vitamin suplements... I don't feel thirsty, so really need to focus on increasing my Water Intake dramtically. But the last year have had significant symptoms of lack of concentration, fatigue, constantly lethargic .. Have had bloods, nothing's really come up.. Boarder line Iron deficient ... Have u heard anything about this? Have u had any problems? How many months/ years post surgery are you?

**future**

Welcome! This is a public post, but no worries. I'm about a year and a half post-op and I have my moments of being really tired as well. I do cardio about twice a week and lift 5-6 times a week, so I'm guessing that may have something to do with my fatigue. My bloodwork has all come back normal as well. Have you spoken with your Dr or nutritionist about your exact symptoms?

I've had repetitive bloods done, some things are borderline however don't suggest all the symptoms.. Have been reading the veterans pages and have found them extremely helpful.. I don't feel that my surgeon is very interesed, & havent really found the dietition to be overly helpful.. They were brilliant in the pre op stage and initial stages but not so much for long term post op.. So just checking in with general practitioners..