Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Does groung meat count as a mushie if it's most and done really fine? I am starving and only three days out so I am really looking forward to week three. I want taco meat with lost of guacamole and refried Beans and cheese. I can't wait!!

I am 2 weeks out and looking forward to eggs, canned meat, etc starting week 3. I can't have ground meat until after week 6.. Something about red meat they say it is hard to process. I am going to stick with baked fish, tuna, salmon and canned chicken & tuna. Guacamole sounds so good though.

Does groung meat count as a mushie if it's most and done really fine? I am starving and only three days out so I am really looking forward to week three. I want taco meat with lost of guacamole and refried Beans and cheese. I can't wait!!

Ground meat is not a mushie, believe me when i tell you i am only 24 days out and there is no way you will be able to eat any of that, you will be lucky to eat 2 tablespoons of anything and maybe not even that , i can barely eat 1 or 2 tablespoons, and most of it comes right back up if i dont slow down and chew more, i am learning that now, dont get me wrong i am learning to love my sleeve , its a whole new way of life, slow slow slow, and sip sip sip, and they really mean it, yeah i had the 1st week of omg what the hell did i do to myself, the cryying the wineing, now i am in learning mode i can look at food and know if i eat that i might as well stand next to the trash can............i wish you luck but be careful what you put in that new sleeve its a baby.

on my diet--ground meat is a mushie--I am two weeks and a few days out--I have had taco meat and chili--it was wonderful!!! tonight I am going to try sloppy joe meat--now I am talking less than two teaspoons full--but it is great!!! I also had 1/3 of a Breakfast sausage patty--yummy

I am eleven days post op and last night I made Hamburger Helper for my family. I had three bites of the ground beef, which was pretty fine and chewed it til it was almost non-existent. It is now 3:45 the next day and I can still feel it sitting in my stomach. A friend of mine said it took her a couple of months to work up to ground beef. I also read that the leaner the meat is, the harder it is to digest. I have always bought the 4% lean beef, so it was low in fat.

:

I didn't throw up or get sick at all, but I can definitely still feel it sitting there. That was my first attempt at any kind of meat or "food" since I am still supposed to be on Clear Liquids. However, I had a breakdown yesterday afternoon and was throwing all caution to the wind to make myself feel better. See where that got me? LOL!

I ate ground meat by 2-3 weeks post. I had it in meat sauce that I made for Pasta. I just added more sauce and put it through the blender so it was very fine. I also added some parmesan cheese to it. It was delicious and settled fine, though I was only able to eat 1-2 tablespoons. I was able to get all fluids and Protein in in the first week. I suspect that those who are vomiting up liquids early out should probably not try ground beef until much later. Judge it on how you feel and what your NUT plan is.

How about the melted cheese off a slice of pizza? Is that considered a mushie? I don't like cheese except the cheese off of pizza and melted cheese on the pintos and cheese from taco bell. Can I eat that?

Also has anyone tried anything slightly spicey? I am worried about that but I like crushed hot peppers in my tuna salad which I can't wait to have next week but worried how my stomach may react. I mean I can eat it without just wondering if it's too early to have spicy foods?

How about the melted cheese off a slice of pizza? Is that considered a mushie? I don't like cheese except the cheese off of pizza and melted cheese on the pintos and cheese from taco bell. Can I eat that?

Also has anyone tried anything slightly spicey? I am worried about that but I like crushed hot peppers in my tuna salad which I can't wait to have next week but worried how my stomach may react. I mean I can eat it without just wondering if it's too early to have spicy foods?

I actually pureed some chili with a little extra hot sauce and it didn't bother my stomach. I needed something other than mashed potoatos and applesauce.

I would wait a while on the meat. When I did have it we cut it up really fine and added lots of gravy to make it super moist. Spicey didn't bother me at all. I think the anti-acid drugs that most of us are taking really help in that department. Be careful with guacamole, it is super high calorie and one of the things that my NUT suggested never return to my diet.

At two weeks I had real chicken and post roast. Just chew around 50 times. Also able to eat normal 5 inch plate. I am around 7-8 weeks out and eating normal. At a few days, I still wasn't thinking about eating much and stuck to things like apple sauce, Jello, pudding, deviled ham and such. Just have patience.

I tried some fajita and between the spice and flour tortillas it didn't stay down so when you have your taco meat, flour tortilla is like uncooked bread it is not advisable and corn tortilla may be a little rough until you get a couple of months out. Check with your doctor on that.

I would wait a while on the meat. When I did have it we cut it up really fine and added lots of gravy to make it super moist. Spicey didn't bother me at all. I think the anti-acid drugs that most of us are taking really help in that department. Be careful with guacamole, it is super high calorie and one of the things that my NUT suggested never return to my diet.

Really? It's high in (good) fat, so high in calories, but avocado is very good for you. I wouldn't say NEVER eat it. I actually use avocado in place of Mayonnaise when I make chicken salad. It gives it the creaminess without the saturated fat from mayo.< /p>