Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

10 CC band- How many CCs to get restriction?

What fill do you need for restriction in a 10cc band?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What fill do you need for restriction in a 10cc band?

• no fill
    • 1 cc or less
    • 2 cc or less
    • 3 cc or less
    • 4 cc or less
    • 5 cc or less
    • 6 cc or less
    • 7 cc or less
    • More than 7 cc

Hi all,

I have 5.5 cc in my band and it is perfect - the real sweet spot. I used to have 4.5cc in, and the extra 1cc made all the difference.

i got good restriction at 7.5 cc's in a 10 cc band!!

Be patient!! it took me 6 months after my surgery to get the restriction...and for the weight to REALLY start coming off!!

Good luck!:smile2:

I just had a fill on Tuesday, my surgeon said the magority of his pt's have 5cc's or less. At my fill before that, he put me up to 5cc's and it was way too tight, I couldn't even drink any Water in the office, so he took out 1cc. On Tuesday, he added 0.5 and even though I'm still on pureed foods til tomorrow - I REALLY feel a diference. I'm at the fine tunig stage.

My 10 cc band has 7 in it right now. I had 8 in it. And was told that I had about reached my max for it. I think I will be going back up to 8 in the near future. I had some problems with reflux and got swollen...the DR took all the fill out for two weeks and then was going to put all 8 in but I opted for just 7. I wouldn't say I've ever hit the sweet spot. My definition is that I could just kinda eat normal (lapband normal) and the weight would fall off...NOT!! I have to watch what I eat and exercise...but that is okay. I need the good habits anyway.

I have a 14 cc band and am at 4.5cc and finally feel a little bit of restriction. Before I could eat anything and more than I thought I should be able to...I'll wait another month or so before going back, but am happy to finally feel tight in the AM and not loosen until mid-afternoon. So Breakfast is usually soft (scrambled egg or Protein drink).

I was banded on Oct. 27th, 2008 with the 10 cc band. I started out at my first appointment at 386,, my first fill(1 cc) was in January , 2009 after I had only lost 4 pounds 307-303 between my December and January follow-ups. In February a second fill(2 cc's) was done as I weighed 301 pounds. This seems to have found the sweet spot as my weight was down to 284 at my March follow-up then to 277 in April.

I have three goals set; the first one I have met, to get my weight under 300 pounds; the second of which is to get my BMI under 40, and my final goal is to get to 200 or less.

I finally reached restriction at over 6cc....right now I have around 6.7cc and it's about perfect. 7cc was too tight and made me slime after my first bite...now I'm ready to get the rest of my weight off...finally! Restriction is a long road for those who are just banded, but slow fills are much better then too large of fills too soon after surgery. It really did suck that it took this long to get restriction, but I'd much rather have slow steady weight loss compared to some of the complications I've read about.

I just got my first fill. I was 3cc's at surgery and got 2cc's last week..........Although my doctor was not sure if I would have restriction ...........I definetely do. I have to be really careful not to eat to much or else I PB. I think I am at about 1/4 a cup of food without getting stuck..............

Weird stuff but it sure does help me not eat to much........it hurts to bad!! LOL

I have 5.75cc in a 10cc band and am 7 months post-op. I have a bit more weight to lose but think I am at my sweet spot for now. The weight is coming off. I do not eat a ton or I PB but I keep the Protein in with a hearty shake every morning. I also then work on healthy foods the rest of the day.

Ok I am down 3 pounds since June 1, 2009. But that restriction I had right after my first fill is fading out........I am ready for another fill.

My doctor says it is 3cc's at surgery, 2ccs for the first fill, than 1 cc for the second fill, than .5 after that for each fill until you hit your sweet spot ...............he said that is what the Australians recommend and seems to work the best. He told me he tries to sneak up on the sweet spot..................

I still have some restriction if I don't chew my food well. If I do chew well my restriction is fading........

I can't eat bread or broccoli or tortillas anymore or I PB. But somethings are no problem at all...........

wow...k so I"m at 8cc's in a 10cc band and the first two days I would get a lil faint feeling of acid after I ate...now I'm acid-free and I'm eatting pretty small portions...it just feels weird that I am so high in fills...everyone else seems to get to their sweet spot with much less...is it possible to have a really small stomach? (I have had doctors comment on other parts of my anatomy as being pretty small/tiny) and my doc only uses the 10cc band on everyone, no matter their size.

I have 6.5 ccs and I think I am at my sweet spot now. I am able to go for hours without hunger and I fill up on very little food. The weight is coming off at about 2 pounds a week, so I am happy. Banded 10 Feb 2009 and down 56 so far!

I just had my first fill 4 days ago and the doctor gave me 6.3 cc. My doctor does his fills in the hospital and uses barium to make sure he fills to the max possible but without causing discomfort. The long and short of it, so he tells me, is that everyone is different.

Best of luck to you and your mother.

My band is an 11 cc band. I go in today and get fourth fill. Currently at 7.5 cc...have been plateaued for several weeks after losing 46 prior to first fill. Mornings are tough for any food product, by evening, okay. However, any bite too big or overeating will cause food to pass my way again. sunday was a NO FOOD ALLOWED DAY. It was the worst day I've experienced. I feel strongly that life stressors definitely affect your ability to eat or not to eat...that is the question and my conclusion. lol

I have 5.75cc in a 10cc band and am 7 months post-op. I have a bit more weight to lose but think I am at my sweet spot for now. The weight is coming off. I do not eat a ton or I PB but I keep the Protein in with a hearty shake every morning. I also then work on healthy foods the rest of the day.

How long were you stuck? I've been plateaued since first fill! I get number 4 today..currently I have 7.5 cc's in the. I'm glad to hear you started losing weight...congrats on success...how much have you lost thus far? :thumbup: