Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

At two weeks out I could squeeze into an old pair of jeans. They were super tight, but they zipped and that was good enough for me to feel happy. That was also when a few of my friends said they could start to see it in my arms and face. I was almost 15lbs down.

The first week is tough. It gets better.

My husband noticed before I did. I am now 7 days out, and he exclaimed that I'm getting skinny(I'm not, but he's a freaking sweetheart), and made me try on a pair of jeans that were a size too small before surgery. They fit well. I was freaking excited!! But I still can't see a loss on myself at 30 pounds down.

Keep going honey, you'll feel it soon.

Sarah

FOr better or worse, it seems to come off from the top down. Your face will get much thinner very quickly - it is something only other people will notice at first.

Hang in there and stay hydrated. The first 2 weeks suck big time, but it gets so much better after that.

I am 9 days out and have lost 25 so far including the 11 pounds preop. I can tell in my clothes already and was able to fit into some 18 jeans that I previously could not get on. Problem is with my incisions they are still pretty painful so for now I am stuck wearing elastic banded pants until I heal a bit more. I was miserable the first 5 days and then on day 6 seemed to turn a corner. Hang in there, I promise it gets better.

HI DallasMom.

I also am three days post op. I gained eight pounds in the hospital from all the fluids, so I am interested to see how fast those come off.

I was able to get down an entire Protein shake today over the course of about five hours. I do feel a little air each and every time I swallow but so far so good.

Hang in there my surgery sister.

My surgery was on Saturday and if I include my 5 day pre op diet, I am down 16 lbs in 10 days. I can't really see any differences yet. My hubby is super sweet and keeps pointing out places that he says I just look less puffy :-) Have you measured yourself? This is something my hubby insisted on before we left for surgery. He got a tablet out and a measuring tape and began to measure several different places on me so that when I say I can't tell that I have lost, or when I hit a stall, he can bring out the measuring tape and prove to me that I am getting smaller. He even took extra steps to make sure we measure the same place everytime, like to measure my thigh and calf, he wrote down how many inches off the floor is the exact spot to measure, and for my upper arm, he measured how many inches from my elbow, just to make sure to get it right. He made this his project and enjoys knowing that he has an important part of my journey that is all his. It has really helped already. He insisted on measuring me yesterday and to my surprise there were areas that had considerable loss, such as my thighs. He measures my left arm and thigh everytime to make sure it is also accurate. I lost 2 1/2 inches off my thigh in only 5 days! Other areas had less results and a couple had none, but wow, it really made me feel much better!

I had chronic swelling in my feet and ankles before surgery, so that was the first place I really noticed. My best friend says she can see it in my face and butt already...and I notice that I'm not "waddling" anymore. I walk with long strides like normal people do! :) I'm two weeks and two days post op.

The people who know I had surgery could tell I was losing weight 2 weeks post-op. My face was the first place to thin out (pretty common from what I can tell).

Today I got my first compliment from someone who didn't know I had surgery. My neighbor noticed I looked smaller. It's been a little over a month post-op and I've lost 25 lbs.

I walked into my moms house today--one week since surgery--and she says--wow-you're face looks so thin--how much have you lost? I about lost it--she never says things like that!!! and by the way, it's 25 pounds whoop whoop

Hang in there. Its hard but you gotta keep your head up!. I'm on 16 days post op and though it has been hard I have tried to push forward. I have lost 29 lbs but personally I dont see it. All my life I have been a fat girl but when ppl tell me they can see the difference it gives me some kind of hope and reminds me this was the best thing I couldve done to be healthy. Bestest of luck to you! :)

I walked into my moms house today--one week since surgery--and she says--wow-you're face looks so thin--how much have you lost? I about lost it--she never says things like that!!! and by the way, it's 25 pounds whoop whoop

My mom is the same way, but today she actually said wow your face looks thin& and your work uniform is loose! I had to smile!