Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Introduce Yourselves!!

My name is Lilly and my husband is active duty army and I am in the process to get approved for the VSG . We are stationed in San Antonio,TX

Lily,

Congratulations, on taking your first step, if you have any questions about the San Antonio Bariatric Clinic please do not hesitate to ask me. They have been the best. I go for my 6 month followup out at BAMC next month. Have you been to the support meetings yet? They met the first Thursday of the month out at Lackland I would love to meet you if you decide to attend on of the meetings, I hope to go to the one scheduled on the 7th of Oct. Best of luck to you, hope to see you around the clinic.

lyn

put this in the wrong place, sorry

Hi everyone! I'm Tabitha, 26. Army wife for almost 3 years now. I am just beginning the process of trying to get VSG. We are stationed at Fort Carson and I will *hopefully* be getting the surgery at Evans Army hospital. If anyone has gone through the process there, I'd love to hear about it.

Hello Everyone, I'm Heather L. We are active duty Army stationed at Fort Benning, Georgia. I am just starting the process and have an appt. this friday to try and get a referral to have a VSG. I am so ready to be healthy again. I have been struggling sisnce my 20's (now 36) with weight issues and was diagnosed with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrom) which makes it so difficult to lose any weight. Any info on the process to surgery would be great. Also if anyone knows of any dr.'s that do it in the area that would be great.

Hello!

My name is Jen, and my hubby is Air Force. We are stationed at the US Air Force Academy, and I had my surgery at Ft. Carson. (Evans AMC)

I was sleeved 8/23/11 - 4 weeks ago today! I've lost 19 pounds, and have been feeling pretty great! The hospital stay was a bit rough, but I have been following my diet guidelines and am thrilled to be where I am right now!

mstabbi - would be happy to answer any questions about Ft. Carson! :-)

Jen

I just joined so it's only polite to introduce myself!

I'm Cheri and my husband is Army. We're currently working at the Embassy in Bishkek, Kyrgyz Republic. Don't feel badly if you need Wiki to tell you where that is - I did, too! I'm all the way over by Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and China's westernmost border.

I self-paid for my VSG with Dr. Aceves in July of 2010. I flew from Germany to have it done because Tricare was insisting I have a band or bypass instead and I wasn't willing to pursue either option.

I see nobody has posted here in a while - let this be a motivator to get the conversations rolling!

Take care, ladies,

~Cheri

Hello All,

I am a military spouse and Army retiree living in WA, close to JBLM, Fort Lewis. I just started my journey after I made the call in May 11 and I finally got my call to start the pathway on 10 October. I hope to be done by the end of Nov so I can get my surgery date. I am so ready for this surgery after 24 years of struggeling to maintain and lose weight I am finally ready for something that will help me keep it off. I am stick of starving and working out 2 hours per day just to maintain an unhealthy weight of 245 lbs, anyway glad to join this group and looking forward to your posts.

Hey ladies!! Sorry I've been MIA we're getting orders and heading off to Fort Bliss come January!!! I'm glad that we are finally starting to get more members in here :)

How is everyone's progress coming along??

Hi Ladies ~

I just got the referral to Fort Carson to get the Sleeve....pretty nervous & anxious.....Hopefully getting the procedure done February 2012.....if all the classes & Psych. eval go good.

Hope to hear from you all, this seems like a great support group.!!!

Summer :aureola:

Hi everyone. My name is Carly and I've been a Army wife for the past 8+ years. We are stationed at Fort Carson, CO and I'm praying that I qualify for the vsg on post at Evans. I see that there are other wives who are/were planning to have surgery there and I would so love to know how everything went but unfortunately it appears that the post were made several months ago and I don't' think the accts are active. I'm excited and sorta scared about the surgery but I've been yo yoing for the past 10 yrs and I obviously can't do it on my own. I feel like my diet is pretty good but I just can't manage to lose the weight because something in my body is screwed up hormonally. Losing weight with diet seems almost impossible and I was averaging about 2 lbs a month and god forbid I screw up, I'd easily gain 5 lbs. It was so easy to undo my hard work. I talked to my pcp on Friday and he put in the referral to the wls clinic and I'm praying that I can get an appt sometime in the next week so that i can start the process. Good Luck everyone :)

Aloha All!

Hubby is Active Duty Navy- Submarines!

We are currently stationed here in Pearl Harbor, but will be PCS'ing to Yokosuka at the end of this coming school year. I will be having my surgery at Tripler Army Hospital while my husband is out to sea and I am nervous about not having support here!

Hi Everyone, my name is Kristin. My husband is AGR with the Illinois ARNG, and I'm a substitute teacher (elementary certified but never had a classroom of my own). I got tired of waiting for Tricare to approve VSG (didn't want lap-band or RNY), so we're going self-pay to Mexico. I am very excited and maybe a little nervous. I have a very supportive husband who's going with me, but we're not really going to tell anyone else until I'm back and recovered. My surgery is scheduled with Dr. Ramos-Kelly in Tijuana.< /p>

Hi everyone! I am Kali and I live in San Antonio.I have been thinking about WLS since last year.I went to Seminar yesterday at SAMMC and also had my 1st Nutrition Class of 6.I hope to have my Psych consult and Upper Gi done along with the rest of my Nut.classes and 2 support meetings by Oct1st and surgery soon there after if all goes according to plan...I just wish we didn't have to do the 6 classes of nutrition over 3 months beforehand ugh lol.

Hey Everyone,

My name is Alissa, I am 27 years old, a wife and mother of one 4 year old boy. We are stationed at Fort Bragg, NC. I have struggled with my weight for about 4-5 years. I had never had a real weight problem until 2007. In 2010 I was daignosed with PCOS, Hypothyroidism, and a Pituiatry tumor. I currently weigh 235 lbs and I have been approved from the MTF bariactric surgeon to begin the process of WLS. I am scheduled for orientation on September 7. I am assuming this process will take a minimum of 3 months. It is really nice to read first hand experiences from people who have already gotten the sleeve or who are in the same boat as I am.