Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling - What Have I Done?

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT...

Did you even consult with Kaiser about getting surgery elsewhere and if you did, would they give you aftercare? I DID.

stating facts??.

Okay, just got off the phone with Membership Services. All is good!!!!! Yeah!!!

I will be covered for ALL aftercare and am being referred to the aftercare bariatric program if I choose to use it.

I am posting this not to rub it in your face rather than to tell you that you are misinformed and I want to give you the correct and up to date information as per "Membership Services" not YOUR pcp so that you wont, in the future, misinform and worry others.

I will also pm you this message to ensure it reaches you. I worry about you passing on bogus info to others.

I wish you well on your weight loss journey.

Thank you Raine for having my back and I am sorry you had to be treated that way. You are a good person. (((hugs)))

I'm sorry you misunderstood what I was trying to say. You were concerned about the long term effects of having part of your stomach removed. I was trying to reassure you that there shouldn't be any surprises down the road because people, for what ever reason, have lived without complications after having part or all of their stomach removed.

Rubyspring - I understand exactly what you are trying to say and appreciate you explaining that there are people out there who didn't have a choice to have this type of surgery done, but who are living full and healthy lives nonetheless. I try to remember that fact anytime I start to question my decision, which, thankfully, has pretty much disappeared since my first week post-op. Thanks for the reassurance!

:)

Tigerliy I wish you the best. I'm glad that you are getting the care you need. I really want to encourage you. I can tell that you are a fighter LOL. You are going to make it honey. We all have moments of regret, but we keep moving forward because we know that the end of the journey will be better than the beginning. Big hug to you.

Regarding Kaiser - I am in Southern Cali and they have been fantastic about working with me in the bariatric after-care program. I suppose they know how much cheaper it will be to cover you in the long term if you lose weight. In fact, the bariatric coordinator stalks me if I don't get my labs done on time :-)

I had bloodwork at 3 and 6 months. My 3 month bloodwork showed I was deficient in Vitamin D so I was prescribed a large dose - all covered under my insurance. I was a little disappointed that they don't do the stomach x-ray that Dr Aceves recommended, but I am eating fine so I suppose it isn't necessary.

As far as regret over surgery, we all go through it. It is drastic and no amount of research can prepare you for what it is really like. My first month was MISERABLE. But, I started to feel better and see good progress. Just follow dr.s orders and take care of yourself. In a few weeks you will feel much better.

Hang in there-

This is my first post. I was sleeved on 8/25 in Mexicali, Mexico. As I type I am weeping over what have I done to myself? For someone that was overweight, I was in really good health. Really good. No HB, sleep apnea or anything.

I am miserable. I hurt, I am tired, my kidneys hurt, I am constantly thirsty and though I am not physically hungry, it is soooo hard to make meals for the family. I went for a short tripto the grocery store with my daughter yesterday to pick up "full liquids" that started today and I was completely exhausted.

The incision above my belly button is all healed closed, but is so sore! It feels like it is tacked down to something inside and pulls. It's also hard. My drain hole is still open and oozes after a shower. I keep gauze over it Amd it's also sore if I press on it. It is also a bit pink around the edges but not warm to the touch. I am not running a fever or anything.

I start with my Water at 4:30am and sip all day long. I get about 84oz of Water a day, but an still constantly thirsty. Nothing at all tastes or smells good. I bought all these different flavors of crystal light and the all taste terrible. Every sip I take stays in my esophagus for a while.

I am scared my insurance will deny covering me as I didn't get the proceedure through them? It's Kaiser and I know they do the sleeve, but I didn't want to jump through their hoops. My hubby assures my they can't do that. It would be like having plastic surgery done and God Forbid a

complication arose they would deny me.

I've only dropped 6lbs since my surgery and and feeling I made the worst decision of my life. PLEASE tell me everything will be alright and things will get better.

I sorry I such a bummer!! I am scared and sad.

I can't comment on how you're feeling since I"m not sleeved yet, but I can tell you this - I had my lapband placed in 2008. I was self-pay, since my insurance did not cover it. Last year, I had to have the band emergently removed due to a serious slip. Even though I had insurance, it would not cover the removal because they hadn't paid to have it placed. I'm STILL fighting that and appealing their choice. I would certainly make sure that you have insurance that will cover issues before too long!