Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Feeling - What Have I Done?

Why are you getting snarky? It's not personal for you.

Yeah, actually I do.

If I were to seek plastic surgery, it WOULDN'T be through Kaiser. If I had complications or got an infection I would want Kaiser to treat it. Seems pretty logical to me.

It's not personal, but you are right, I have attitude because you chose to take a shortcut to get what you wanted and now you are complaining because that shortcut is causing you problems and now you EXPECT Kaiser to clean up some else's mess... Did you even consult with Kaiser about getting surgery elsewhere and if you did, would they give you aftercare? I DID. Why isn't YOUR surgeon giving you the proper aftercare???

It's not personal, but you are right, I have attitude because you chose to take a shortcut to get what you wanted and now you are complaining because that shortcut is causing you problems and now you EXPECT Kaiser to clean up some else's mess... Did you even consult with Kaiser about getting surgery elsewhere and if you did, would they give you aftercare? I DID. Why isn't YOUR surgeon giving you the proper aftercare???

If you would have "jumped through a few hoops" you would be better informed and you would have all the aftercare you you needed. You would have a food plan to follow, support groups to attend, and a case nurse at your beck and call if problems arose.

If you would have "jumped through a few hoops"

We all have paths we choose. Good for you for choosing the path you did. I am happy for you.

I chose my road for specific reasons; personal reasons. I chose a WONDERFUL doctor and chose to self-pay.

I was just asking (and not asking for judgement) for some insurance questions. That's all.

It is not up to anyone to judge what anothers decision is on how to go about their journey. There is no reason to be rude or obnoxious. If I could have, I would have self payed too and not jumped through the hoops. Most insurances put those hoops in place so that you will give up and not pursue the surgery. Maybe then I wouldnt have had to wait for a year to get my surgery done. We pay for insurance to take care of what we need done medically. TigerLily does needs to call and find out for sure if she is covered for after care if there is a problem, and if they wont cover you, and you can switch, then by all means switch. Being mean, nasty and sarcastic does nothing for anyone. This board is for people to find support not to be judged. My Mom had a saying that if you have nothing nice or constructive to say, dont say anything at all.

FluffyChick, you need to apololgize. It is not up to you or anyone else to judge what anothers decision is on how to go about their journey. There was no reason to be rude or obnoxious. If I could have, I would have self payed too and not jumped through the hoops. Most insurances put those hoops in place so that you will give up and not pursue the surgery. Maybe then I wouldnt have had to wait for a year to get my surgery done. We pay for insurance to take care of what we need done medically. TigerLily needs to call and find out for sure if she is covered for after care if there is a problem, of course, but you being mean and nasty does nothing for anyone but make yourself feel better. My Mom had a saying that if you have nothing nice or constructive to say, dont say anything at all.

TigerLily, I am with you, if they wont cover you, and you can switch, then by all means switch.

Apologize for being honest and stating facts??.

For being rude. People come here for support and not to be judged. I apologize about my first post, as you see I amended it. I shouldn't have mentioned your name. But, seriously, there was no reason for those responses.

'

Everything will be ok, and things WILL get better. You're still in pain and making adjustments on eating and drinking are not easy in the beginning. Try to stay hydrated, and add in Protein how and where you can.

I'm sorry, I don't have answers for you on the insurance question. I will say through my own experience with 4 different insurance companies, what we think they should do or what is fair...isn't always what they do. I wish you well on that and hope it works out for you.

I haven't regretted my decision to be sleeved for one sec, even immediately post-op. I didn't have a lot of pain. But we are all different and tolerate pain differently. I've been waiting many yrs to have the surgery though, and thought it might not ever actually happen. So I am very grateful to have a chance at a healthier life. As things become easier, and you adjust to this way of eating, I hope you become happier with your decision. Good luck!!

:)

For being rude. People come here for support and not to be judged. I apologize about my first post, as you see I amended it. I shouldn't have mentioned your name. But, seriously, there was no reason for those responses.

'

I was supportive and helpful and she didn't like the answers I had for her, just like she didn't like the requirements that Kaiser had for her to get surgery through them. I will not apologize for being truthful, no matter how rude you think I was, that's your problem. rolleyes.gif

I'm sorry you misunderstood what I was trying to say. You were concerned about the long term effects of having part of your stomach removed. I was trying to reassure you that there shouldn't be any surprises down the road because people, for what ever reason, have lived without complications after having part or all of their stomach removed.

Yeah, ya kinda are!

This was my first post, I am less than two weeks post-op, I am scared, I am sad, I have concerns and you post on here comparing apple to oranges- stomach cancer vs. VSG?

I am sorry, but someone needs to change the wheels on your "welcome wagon."

...and again rude.

I was supportive and helpful and she didn't like the answers I had for her, just like she didn't like the requirements that Kaiser had for her to get surgery through them. I will not apologize for being truthful, no matter how rude you think I was, that's your problem. rolleyes.gif

Goodness! I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. I jumped through all of Blue Cross/Blue Shield's hoops and I still was a little freaked out after surgery! That being said, 8 months, 91 pounds, and a size 6 (and some 4's!) later, I don't regret it a bit! The sleeve has been wonderful for me. My only complications were gall stones and kidney stones. Not too high a price, given how I look and MUCH MORE importantly---how I feel! I have energy and I've been released from the bondage of the weight loss obsession.

Hang in there, it WILL get better. Sorry you are getting such negative feedback.

To weigh in on the insurance questions. Most insurances say that they will not pay for anything that you get as a result of something that they do not cover. My insurance did not cover any bariatric surgery and for that reason I put off having the surgery until they did. Since your insurance does cover bariatric surgery they should cover any complications you have even though you did not have the surgery through them. But I agree, a call to member services to guarantee that it is going to work that way is in order. If it isn't make sure that it is covered by any new option that you might have to choose from in Open Enrollment. Relax and hang in there through these first few weeks. I am in my 7th week now and it all seems like normal to me now.