Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just For The Fun of It: Which "Diet Plans" Did You

Here's my list from over the years (I'd love to see yours.):

1. Weight Watchers 3x

2. Jenny Craig 3x

3. Dr. supervised 2x

4. NutriSystem 1x

5. Optifast 1x

6. Slim Fast 1x

7. Medifast 1x

8. Atkins 1x

9. Herbalife 1x

10. Lindora 1x

and the grand finale..."The Venus de Milo Gym" diet. Yes, this was a real gym I went to back when we wore leotards and leg warmers to work out. I remember having to eat dinners of hardboiled eggs and steamed spinach every time I weighed in heavier than before. Back then it felt like a punishment, now that doesn't sound half bad. This place was located right next to a Winchell's donut shop. Guess how much weight I lost. Hmmmm??

NONE of these got me to where I am now with VSG...ONEderland! YES!!!!

Weight Watchers too many times to count

Atkins

South Beach (sort of)

Suzanne Somers (can't remember what it was called but it SUCKED)

That was really it for "commercial" plans. I remember being home sick from work for a couple days in a row years ago, watching daytime TV, and ALMOST ordered the Richard Simmons "Deal a Meal" program. :lol:

Here we go:

Dr Rx meds@14 years old

Weight watchers 4X

NutriSystem 3X

Cambridge shakes

LA Weightloss 2X

Cabbage Soup

7 day diet

Adkins

6 week body make over

Deal a meal

Hypnosis

And a device that looked like a hearing aid that was supposed to curb hunger

South Beach

Wow... here's goes...

Diets

Dexatrim

Medifast

Dr. supervised - Phentirimine on and off for 5 years

Hollywood Diet

Rice Diet

Gyms

Holiday Spa (remember that one???)

Lucille Roberts

Planet Fitness

...and I kinda remember Living Well Lady...maybe

Slimfast Diet

Dr. supervised- adipex on and off for about 2 years

Dash Diet

and a college course on healthy lifestyles where I had to actively workout and eat right for 5 weeks (I lost 5lbs lol)

Weight Watchers at least 6 times

Low Carb (similar to Adkins) 1 x

Slim Fast 3x

Lindora 1x

Medically Supervised 2x

LA Fitness Personal Trainer 1x

24 Hour Fitness 1x

Appetite Suppressants 2x

I think I lost less with the entire combination of these diets/plans than I have since surgery.

1. Weight Watchers 3x

2. Starvation 100x

3. Slim Fast 20x

4. Atkins 3x

5. Phentermine 4x

6. Six Week Body Makeover 1x

7. The Firm 1x

8. South Beach 1x

9. Detox 3x

10. Vegetarian Diet 3x

11. Vegan Diet 2x

There are probably a few more I am forgetting, but I have been struggling with my weight for the last 20+ years.

OMG, you all reminded me of my Phen-Fen diet! That makes an even 12 for me! Let's NOT EVEN go into how many times I joined the gym. LOL Thanks for sharing! i think this is helping us affirm that we've now made the right choice...and God willing the last choice!!

These Diets started at age 7 for me!!

!.) weight watchers X8 (at least!)

2.) New Day Weight Loss Center (3000K)

3.) Herrick Medical Weight Loss Center (4000k)

4.) Xenical x2

5.) TEAM weight loss x 3 at Lifetime Fitness (1500k +)

6.) Atkins x3 at least

7.) so many other attempts on my own I can't count!!!!

What a walk down memory lane! I did most of these, too. I was just saying I need to cancel my weight watchers. No sense in paying that $40 every month.

Lisa

Going back to JUNIOR High - Dr.Stillman's Water diet

Then, moving into college - Weight Watchers (for the first time) and joined a gym (for the first time)

Then since college:

• Weight watchers (multiple times - lost the same 30-50 pounds for years)
  • Scarsdale diet
  • Atkins diet
  • A diet where I did Protein packages twice/day and 1 sensible meal - went to a doctor each week and had to pee on a stick to prove I was in ketosis - did this two different time - lost about 50 pounds each time
  • Diet pills - lasted less than a week on these - couldn't handle them - some quack doctor - I thnk they were pure speed - the john got high when I flushed the d**n things down it
  • Modifast - the first time, I lost 100 pounds and kept it off for about a year - to 18 months
  • Phen Fen - couldn't handle this more than about a month - one of the pills conflicted with another med I was on
  • Modifast - the second time - lost 80 pounds to get ready for surgery and kep it off about a year.
  • A doctor supervised diet where it basically Atkins and a whole bunch of supplements. I was taking 80 pills a day. He would have your hair analyzed and build you a unique program based on what you needed. I lost 100 pounds on it - but got sick of taking all the pills, and quit taking them cold turkey. BAD IDEA.
  • Hypnosis combined with basically Atkins. This worked great - I lost over 100 pounds and was maintaining. Then I took a job where I traveled all the time, that didn't allow me to exercise 6 days out of 7. I quit listening to the hypnosis CDs and the weight gradually came back.

Can't list all the gym memberships I have had. I do like to exercise when I am the size I am now or smaller. Hate it when I am larger.

This is a fun thread!

Going back to JUNIOR High - Dr.Stillman's Water diet

Then, moving into college - Weight Watchers (for the first time) and joined a gym (for the first time)

Then since college:

• Weight watchers (multiple times - lost the same 30-50 pounds for years)
  • Scarsdale diet
  • Atkins diet
  • A diet where I did Protein packages twice/day and 1 sensible meal - went to a doctor each week and had to pee on a stick to prove I was in ketosis - did this two different time - lost about 50 pounds each time
  • Diet pills - lasted less than a week on these - couldn't handle them - some quack doctor - I thnk they were pure speed - the john got high when I flushed the d**n things down it
  • Modifast - the first time, I lost 100 pounds and kept it off for about a year - to 18 months
  • Phen Fen - couldn't handle this more than about a month - one of the pills conflicted with another med I was on
  • Modifast - the second time - lost 80 pounds to get ready for surgery and kep it off about a year.
  • A doctor supervised diet where it basically Atkins and a whole bunch of supplements. I was taking 80 pills a day. He would have your hair analyzed and build you a unique program based on what you needed. I lost 100 pounds on it - but got sick of taking all the pills, and quit taking them cold turkey. BAD IDEA.
  • Hypnosis combined with basically Atkins. This worked great - I lost over 100 pounds and was maintaining. Then I took a job where I traveled all the time, that didn't allow me to exercise 6 days out of 7. I quit listening to the hypnosis CDs and the weight gradually came back.

Can't list all the gym memberships I have had. I do like to exercise when I am the size I am now or smaller. Hate it when I am larger.

This is a fun thread!

Amazing all the weight you've lost then gained lost then gained. We've gotta have faith that the sleeve is the answer...with our continuous work of course!! You've made great progress so far, I wish you the best!!

So many diets it's hard to remember. But i do remember my favorite gym. It was for ladies only and it was called FIGURE WORLD! We used the old shaking belt around the waist. We did the Jane Fonda VHS video in our leotards and leg warmers. I know this dates me. I actually have some fond memories of that place.

Sleeved om 7/22 --33lbs down and about 70 to go.

Only going to count the ones I gave a serious chance to -

1. Dexatrim - 15 lbs in junior high
  2. Jenny Craig - have a lifetime membership (you know, the $350+ deal?) lost 30 lbs on that - who can afford their food?
  3. A program through my Doctor called limit the whites, leave a bite - lost about 25 lbs
  4. Weight Watchers seriously x2 - once getting to goal lost 75 lbs, (yes I made lifetime and I WILL be using my free meetings when I get back there) and then during my 6 month medically supervised weight loss period before sleeve and lost 21 lbs. A million times where it lasted a few weeks.

I half way tried Atkins, south beach, tried to be vegetarian (if that isn't code for CARBS :blink:), tried exercise alone at least 2x, really don't lose much when you go to dinner with your exercise buddy when you are done :lol: