Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am terrified too, but I KNOW you will be fine. Once you get past that initial healing, I am sure you will be so happy with this wonderful tool to lose weight! Our thoughts and prayers are with you..

You will be ok. I felt the same way. I have a 4 yr old and a 18 yr old. I had my surgery a couple of weeks before my son's graduation and a month before my little one turned 4. I barely made it through the bedtime story the night before the surgery then I went into my room and just sobbed. All of the wonderful people on here gave great encouragement. I cried on the way to the hospital after I dropped my little one off at the sitter. In the prep area, with IV and meds in already, I asked my husband if it were too late to change my mind. He said "You have already done everything you can do to provide the best outcome possible - Don't worry". Somehow that helped. I know I prepared and it was in God's hands.

Now, with that being said, I had no complications other than being extremely nauseated by the pain meds. Once I got off the pain meds in the hospital I was fine. Came home and didn't have to take any more pain meds. Then about day 4, as most of us do, started thinking what in the world did I do to myself. I hadn't second guessed myself the entire time up until right before the surgery. I was about to lose my mind, I thought I had prepared. I was ready. Wrong, it was hard mentally, harder that I thought. How could I live and function when all I did was sip, sip, sip all day no stop just to get my liquids in. Then - Day 5 - it was a little better. Then - Day 8 - Glorious day 8. Now, three months out, I am so so so glad that I stayed the course, had the surgery. I am losing slower than I had thought but I am now down almost 85lbs from when I began my journey. I feel so much better and I am healthier mom. I love my sleeve. For the first time, I have a tool to helpl me keep the weight off.

As far as complications, there was a person on here that had major complications right before my surgery and scared me too. Spent days back in the hospital. Last month she posted updated pictures. She is doing great and still thinks the sleeve was the best decision.

Good luck.

Your feelings are normal. I worried about the kids too, I have 3 at home and 2 grown. I just kept telling myself that there are hundreds of thousands of people that have had weight loss surgery. And according to my surgeon the sleeve is the easiest surgery for them to perform. So if all those other people could do it and come through it then I would too. I'm 7 weeks out now and I feel great. It's worth it. You've made the best decision, now just try not to think about it. Take it one day at a time and it will be over and you will be feeling better before you know it! Hang in there!

Having this surgery won't stop you from holding your kiddos. Yes, you can't pick them up for 6 weeks but it doesn't stop you from holding them. I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old. My 2 year old was 18 months when I had my surgery and she's an absolute cuddle-bug, so to work around me not able to pick her up my hubby would do the lifting. He would pick her up and set her on me when i would be sitting in our recliner and when i would need to get up, he would pick her up again. Or better yet, I would sit on the floor and they would come and sit in my lap. :D I just made sure they weren't too hyper when I had them on me in case they wanted to push on my belly.

I think taking a long walk with your fury kleenex is wonderful idea!!! B)

I plan to hug those kids all night :) And pick up both of them... even my 8 year old! I know I won't be holding them for a while and I am sure going to miss that :( I think I will go out for a long walk and try to clear my head. Spend some quality time with my very special chocolate lab who has been my furry kleenex for the past 12 hours! Poor boy doesn't know what to think! Thank you for taking the time to wirte to me :)

*UPDATE* Scared to death girl has made it through surgery :) I had surgery at 2:30 yesterday and I feel pretty darn good. My doctor told me I can go home anytime but I have chosen to stay one more night just t give myself peace of mind. I was a little sick in recovery when I woke up. Haven't been sick like that anymore! I am walking a ton. Every 2 hours the nurses have me cruising the halls. All the nurses here are wonderful. They have been so sweet and caring. I can't imagine anything better than good caregivers right now! I had my drainage tube removed this morning... YUCK! That was an odd sensation. In no hurry to deal with another tube ever again. So far my food intake has been maybe 2oz of jello... 2oz of apple juice and Water or crystal light. I am being so pumped full o fluids through my iv that even though I am eating very little I am not at all losing weight just yet. I am very optimistic! Thanks to all of you for you support.!

I'm so glad to see your update! I told you how great those nurses were. :) I'm going to the support group next Wednesday night so if you're there I'll try to introduce myself!

I'm so glad to see your update! I told you how great those nurses were. :) I'm going to the support group next Wednesday night so if you're there I'll try to introduce myself!

I would love to attend support group next Wed. If I am feeling up to it I will be there :) Hopefully we will get a chance to meet!

congrats indy!!! i knew you could do it. im so happy you feel great. keep up the good work, and dont expect to lose any weight while you are in the hospital. as soon as you get out it will start melting off like butter in the sun! keep me posted on your progress!

-sassy

Glad to hear you made it to the other side and are doing well! We knew you would! Thanks for the update and take it easy for a while but keep walking. You are awesome!

Congrats on making it to surgery and through to join us on the loser's bench! Thanks for updating us!

Dear Indy Sleever, Am SO happy to know that you are done with your surgery and everything went OK! I know exactly how you felt. I wanted to have my surgery in the WORST way, (I cashed in my retirement 401K to pay for it, since my insurance wouldn't pay a penny towards the surgery) but three days before the surgery I thought "WHAT AM I DOING?" I had buyer's remorse before I even had the surgery! But like yours, everything went well with my surgery and I am now 9 weeks out and doing great! I wanted to write to you and let you know that I have put your name on my prayer list, and am praying for you everyday! After surgery I went through a lot of fatigue. I also had problems with Constipation and nausea. I am happy to say ALL THAT SEEMS TO BE BEHIND ME! I feel so good now, and am happy everytime I get on the scale! I am down 65 pounds so far, and am in a size 14 now! So keep your spirits up. It only gets better and better! Please keep on posting so we all know how you are doing! Love and Hugs and Prayers coming your way! KathyD49