Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When did you feel good post op

I was sleeved 8/15. The first 2 days were horrid. Day 3 was a lot better but I had some nausea. Day 4 was pretty good but still had pain @ the big incision site mostly when walking. I had a drain until I left the hospital day 4. It didn't hurt but it was annoying (of course it was in the area of a hernia repair also). I spent day 5 @ my parents house and was sooooo tired. Felt pretty fatigued the past 2 days but the pain is soo much better today. I haven't had pain meds in 3 days. As for Vitamins. my docs instructions were 2 childrens vits a day. 2 pepcid 10 mg 4 gas x one Protein Drink the first week 2 the second. That's the main stuff. Oh and of course at least 6 cups of liquid a day. It has been managable but takes forever!

This week is the first one where I've felt 100% back to normal. I'm positive that it's because I finally started taking Vitamins. It's so nice to feel like myself again, I can't even express it.

Protein drinks can be powder or ready paid. They need to be whey protein isolate.

I am a little confused by everyone taking childrens chewables or gummies as I have been instructed to take only those formulated for bariatric patients (brands I use are Bariatric Advantage and Celebrate). The only things I can take that aren't are after 1 month I can take calcium citrate (citrical is one brand) and my B-12 as long as it is sub-lingual.

I am 2 weeks out tomorrow and taking my Vitamins since day 5. Drinking my fluids takes all day long and I am scared to start food - will I be able to get my fluids in?? I'm so full with just fluids!

I'm still not clear about what kind of Protein drinks folks are referring to. Are they powder put into Water or prepackaged? Would love any suggestions. I will be purchasing the chewable childrens Vitamins as it seems those are the most popular for digestive purposes.

Is everyone on the liquid only diet for 30 days? No, it depends on your Doctor. Mine had me do Clear Liquids for the first week, full liquid the second week, mushies the third and fourth week

I think they are talking about nectar mixes. This is a powder Protein which you can mix with Water or milk. The whole package contains 23g of protein. When are you scheduled for surgery?

Two weeks from tomorrow. September 6 in Dallas with Dr Nicholson.

I am exactly two weeks post op and today I am feeling nauseas. I took the nausea meds and my PPI but nothing has worked. I am at work but its not easy being this queasy...lol. Not really funny. I was better last week than this one. I hope I feel better soon today. I dont want to be nauseated all week. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am on full liquids plus dairy, like cheese, skim milk, cottage cheese, greek yogurt. Thanks.. Tammi

Are you getting excited?

Very. But also apprehensive. It is a huge help reading what everyone has experienced. I begin my pre-op diet today and am really nervous about being to stick to it for two weeks. Sweets are not a problem for me but carbs are!

I am exactly two weeks post op and today I am feeling nauseas. I took the nausea meds and my PPI but nothing has worked. I am at work but its not easy being this queasy...lol. Not really funny. I was better last week than this one. I hope I feel better soon today. I dont want to be nauseated all week. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am on full liquids plus dairy, like cheese, skim milk, cottage cheese, greek yogurt. Thanks.. Tammi

Dallas Mom- just do the best you can, thats all you can do. :rolleyes:

Tammi, Check with your doc and see if you went off an all liquid diet too soon. My doc says the most common cause of problems is rushing the consistency of food. For instance, I will be on watery liquids for 3 weeks before moving to soft foods. This is supposed to give your body time to heal and prevent digestive issues and tearing of incision. My post-op instructions say that nausea is a side effect of overeating as is vomiting.