Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how does ur tummy act when u eat too much?

I've never over eaten to the point of throwing but, but today I had chicken and enjoyed it way too much. I think I did over eat and my stomach keeps rumbling and talking really loud. I feel like I need to burp but it won't come up. Does this happen to anyone?

The doc said the talking thing is forever. I when I swallow anything, it talks, it has learned to whisper in the recent months as compared to new tummy. Not at 8 months when I eat too much it starts to rocking and rolling. I feel rhythmical rolls of it trying to squeeze food downward. ( Not pleasant) I find no rhymn nor reason to it, but some days I can eat, and eat I do,, all 4 oz then days like today,,, lucky to get a few bites in, and actually want them. With that said I find it very reassuring,,, knowing I can't stuff my self into fatness anymore:)

I feel like something is caught in my esophagus and start getting a lot of mucus build-up in my throat if I really eat too much-esp if it's meat or veggies. I've learned to stop just when I begin to feel like that or I'll throw up. I agree about different times/different capacities, sometimes I can eat a whole Protein Bar, sometimes Water makes me feel full.

When I'm approaching fullness I feel burps trying to come up. If I haven't overeaten they come up fine. If I've stuffed too much down, I can't burp and feel very uncomfortable. If I've really overeaten I can feel the food in my throat and sometimes get the phlegm-y action. I've never gotten to the point where I throw up.

My old habit of stuffing myself is really dying hard, even with a sleeve. Today at dinner I paid attn to the first burp and stopped...I was very proud of myself!

I had a very small piece of chicken breast that i think I ate too fast. I was very difficult to burp and it felt like something was rolling upwards in my stomach. I tried fighting it for 15 minutes but the pain got increasing worse. I finally went to the bathroom and it was the easiest throw up ever. What I mean is, there wasn't any wrenching and there was no stomach acid (which is weird), just the ball of food came up and I felt better. I know it's way too much information but I was wondering if anyone else thought it weird to no have the sour acid when you throw up/

When I'm approaching fullness I feel burps trying to come up. If I haven't overeaten they come up fine. If I've stuffed too much down, I can't burp and feel very uncomfortable. If I've really overeaten I can feel the food in my throat and sometimes get the phlegm-y action. I've never gotten to the point where I throw up.

My old habit of stuffing myself is really dying hard, even with a sleeve. Today at dinner I paid attn to the first burp and stopped...I was very proud of myself!

Adri's experience mirrors mine exactly. But in addition, I also hiccup. The worst I have had is the phlegmy stuff. I have so much liquid in my mouth that it just gushes out. I have to get to a bathroom fast! I have never vomited up any food though. It never happens to me at home only in restaurants. I think its a combination of eating too much food too quickly without chewing enough. I also think that when out I talk while I am eating and swallow more air. I just excuse myself to the restroom for a few minutes. Just the act of walking a bit also seems to help. I will have to say its NOT PLEASANT and I am learning to associate overeating with pain. I don't think that's such a bad thing....