Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

30 days out and not losing

What is wrong with me? I have been hovering g at same weight for about 7-10 days!!! I drink a shake for Breakfast lunch and snack. Half a piece of salmon for dinner. Still not losing!

It's probably the normal "3 week stall". A stall that happens around week 3 and can last a couple of weeks. Essentially, your body is still adjusting to the surgery - kind of re-arranging itself. So while you may not be noticing a decrease on the scale, I bet you are losing inches. Are your clothes fitting any differently?

I'm on day 18 of the "stall"... it's normal. It's annoying. Very annoying. But I just keep telling myself it's normal. There's physically no way I can NOT lose weight on 800 calories per day. LOL. Right? Right?? RIGHT???

RIGHT! Stalls happen...kick up the Water and activity if you can and it will happen....its normal and your body will likely drop 2,3 or more lbs quick at the end of the stall.

its normal and will end, make sure you are getting in all of your Water too... my "3 week stall" actually occurred in week 5 for me.. it's different for everyone... don't stress, that makes it worse.. also, you could try switching out one of the shakes for real Protein (in addition to your dinner protein)... maybe for breakfast....

I'm also 30 days out and have been at the same exact weight since about 2 weeks ago. This morning my scale actually moved down 2-3 pounds. I have been very discouraged and thinking that this surgery didn't work for me. The day before yesterday, I started thinking about what I was doing wrong. I've been able to get all my Protein in for the last week and I have written it down. My calorie intake as been 500-700. And I really thought I was getting all of my Water in because it seems like I drink, drink, drink all day long but I wasn't keeping track. Yesterday, I thought I ought to really try to keep track of my actual water intake and really stay focused...even when I thought I was focused before. So I filled up and measured a large container of water. It had exactly 32 oz. of water in it. I worked all day at getting that in and didn't finish it until like 3-4 p.m. Then I started on my next bottle. By bed time, I had only consumed about 50 oz. Wow! It was shocking to me. And I know yesterday, I actually drank more than I had been because I kept my water with me every where I went. But this morning, I weighed and I had dropped those 2-3 pounds. So, I think it is water intake. Today, I'm trying to do even more. I'm sitting here with my large glass of water again. Hope this helps! ;)

Track everything you eat/drink (myfitnesspal.com is great).

But what you are in (and I have been for 19 days now) is the 3 week stall. It starts around 3 weeks and lasts as long as it lasts. I'm told the weight will move again. Hopefully soon. LOL ;)

It's been a while since I was here... needed a break... I was on the dreadful stall mine lasted about 29 days.. i was freaking out big time! I went in crying to my awesome and incredible doctor and he told me "You're tracking too much STOP"... I use FatSecret.com and have it on my iphone cause I can barcode scan whatever I eat and not have to search... so I'm worried about Fat and Carbs and he said this and maybe it'll help others...

Stop worrying about the Fat and the Carbs.. your main concern right now is staying between 800-900 calories and over 80g of Protein a day. If one day a week you go over 900 that is ok its a shock value to your metabolism but stop worrying so much about the fat and carb! I was trying to so hard to stay in the low fat and carb that I wasn't getting enough calories or I was getting too much and I have always done good on my Protein that's never an issue for me... so when I stopped trying the fat/carb route and I went to just the calories and protein the stall broke and I started losing.

He also suggested I try alternating my foods.. I am only eating the foods that "I" KNOW work for ME and I'm comfortable in those.. so I alternate between scrambled eggs for Breakfast and the day I'll have a Clif Builder Bar chocolate Mint that is so YUMMY and keep alternating... for lunch I'll alternate with the Chunk Swanson 2oz can with some cottage cheese and the next day maybe I'll have the tuna salad ready packet.. dinner is the same one day it'll be shaved mesquite turkey and ritz bits 100 calorie packets and the next might be the spam packet or the chunk chicken again..

In doing this I've lost and he also gave me some really good advise "You WILL lose weight no matter what, you have 1/3 of a stomach, you might NOT lose as fast as others and you might just kick butt.. but if you exercise you'll do better, if you aren't a exercise person you'll go slow, but either way the weight will come off it'll be only in the process you take"

Now my biggest thing... is losing my hair.. it's like I went from thick and alot of hair like the width of a cucumber to now it's maybe 3 pencils.. UGH.. I've been on the Biotin 7500mg for 4 months and was using Nioxin Shampoo and it still comes out in the brush about 30 strands or if i'm sitting on the couch it'll come out just freaks me the hell out! So I'm using Head & Shoulders with Zinc believe it or not its slowing it down ... amazing...

So anyhow.. I've missed everyone.. hope y'all are doing great.. :)

I haven't lost a single pound since June 30th. It was totally freaking me out til I saw this post. Thanks! I had heard of the stall but did not know it could last so long. Well, I started a new exercise regimen today, let's hope something kicks me back into gear. At least I did lose a couple of inches here and there during this time. :blink:

I haven't lost a single pound since June 30th. It was totally freaking me out til I saw this post. Thanks! I had heard of the stall but did not know it could last so long. Well, I started a new exercise regimen today, let's hope something kicks me back into gear. At least I did lose a couple of inches here and there during this time. :blink:

Whatever you do.. DONT FREAK OUT... I'm the Queen of Freaking just ask Tiff LMAO She was my savior LOL... Exercise is good..I'm SO NOT a exercise person if I was, I wouldn't have needed surgery so thats why my Dr said it'll come off but its coming off in the speed I give it. So I stopped freakin out.. I'm 50 I'm not young trying to impress anyone, I just want to live another 50 years :) So I can annoy the hell out of my kids still *Howling* YEAH!!

You will do great... just stay focused and don't make it a "event" make it a journey that you're planning for :) I do my menu the night before and this way the next day I can go to my fatsecret on my phone and know what my day is going to be :)

There will ALWAYS be support here.. this is by far the best forum... :) We've all felt it.. have cried about it.. have regretted having it at one point and have regretted not doing it sooner... we are all human and unfortunately are victims of our own insecurities.. :)

You're GORGEOUS the way you are... you're on the road to a new healthier you :)

I have weighed the same since Thursday which was the 3 week point for me. I'm glad I read about it before hand. I have had a lot more energy the past few days however and I've stepped up my walking and yard work. I'm not freaking out but I hope it doesn't last too long!

I stalled for 6 weeks (only 4 weeks post-op)! The few things I did to break my stall was.

1. I started reading my food labels to avoid sugar and carbs. This helped the most

2. I used I trick from a past diet and did a "Steak Day". Consist of drinking only tea, Water or coffee (as much as you like) throughout the day and then having the largest steak I could consume for dinner (about 7 ounces). This broke my stall immediately!!! What a relief.

3. It also helped me to understand that stomach acid was causing false hunger symptoms. A prescription from my PA and I was good to go.

4. I increased my food consumption to about 1100 calories per day. Mostly in the Protein area, but I slip in some veggies and blue berries to boot.

What is wrong with me? I have been hovering g at same weight for about 7-10 days!!! I drink a shake for Breakfast lunch and snack. Half a piece of salmon for dinner. Still not losing!

Whatever you do.. DONT FREAK OUT... I'm the Queen of Freaking just ask Tiff LMAO She was my savior LOL... Exercise is good..I'm SO NOT a exercise person if I was, I wouldn't have needed surgery so thats why my Dr said it'll come off but its coming off in the speed I give it. So I stopped freakin out.. I'm 50 I'm not young trying to impress anyone, I just want to live another 50 years :) So I can annoy the hell out of my kids still *Howling* YEAH!!

You will do great... just stay focused and don't make it a "event" make it a journey that you're planning for :) I do my menu the night before and this way the next day I can go to my fatsecret on my phone and know what my day is going to be :)

There will ALWAYS be support here.. this is by far the best forum... :) We've all felt it.. have cried about it.. have regretted having it at one point and have regretted not doing it sooner... we are all human and unfortunately are victims of our own insecurities.. :)

You're GORGEOUS the way you are... you're on the road to a new healthier you :)

Thank you so much Starry, I appreciate the encouragement!!:D

I WILL TRY THAT!

I stalled for 6 weeks (only 4 weeks post-op)! The few things I did to break my stall was.

1. I started reading my food labels to avoid sugar and carbs. This helped the most

2. I used I trick from a past diet and did a "Steak Day". Consist of drinking only tea, Water or coffee (as much as you like) throughout the day and then having the largest steak I could consume for dinner (about 7 ounces). This broke my stall immediately!!! What a relief.

3. It also helped me to understand that stomach acid was causing false hunger symptoms. A prescription from my PA and I was good to go.

4. I increased my food consumption to about 1100 calories per day. Mostly in the Protein area, but I slip in some veggies and blue berries to boot.

You will do great... just stay focused and don't make it a "event" make it a journey that you're planning for :)

Starry, these are words to live by...giving you props and hope you don't mind that I'm adding your wise words to my signature so I can keep things in perspective!!

THANK YOU,

Susan