Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

BTW, EGDs on banded ppl blow

EGD on Thu confirmed a partial slip. Verbal diagnosises before that was profound slip. Profound was based on the angle of the band viewable with xray, and partial on the actual prolapse that was visible internally.

I'm still really swollen, but it's getting better. Thu & Fri night my reflux was back. Haven't had it since my unfill, but since swelling basically gives you a reverse fill, it makes sense that it would strike again. Aspirated it again, and dealth with chest pain for an hour afterward. Haven't done solid foods since Wed of last week, they're too uncomfortable. Frozen liquids (e.g. alcohol free margarita, slush from Sonic, etc.) go down OK after a few sips. That seems to control the swelling enough that I'm good for super mushies or other liquids for an hour or so, then I clench back down. I'd take some ibuprofen to help, but there's no way even the liquid would pass.

Reflux is gone at least, so it is slowly calming down. It never occured to me that there would be that much irritation during an EGD. I just didn't even think about it.

On the plus side, going through this stuff again is really helping me be over it.

BUt as a heads-up to other banded people who may be out there - take it easy after your EGD. :) I've poured over the paperwork and there's not a single mention of going back to liquids, swelling as a side effect (even though it's obvious, unless you don't even think about it like I did). So be careful... I could've easily yakked had I tried to eat, and that's not going to help a slipped band.

So sorry to hear about this. You poor thing. Living with the band is so much harder than people know. I hope you get your band sorted out as soon as possible so you don't have to live with the problems any more.

As far as meds: You can try childrens chewables, although no bariatric surgeon would recommend advil for a band ;-)

Good luck to you!

Sounds like you have had it really bad!

I have had nasuea since my endoscopy, but no puking. I am tired of that low grade feeling like I am carsick though....

Oh I thought it was just ME! lol. I wasn't able to eat solid ANYTHING for about 5 weeks after that stupid EGD. It was AWFUL! But hey, I lost 28 lbs. HA! Still would have rather been able to eat a little something and have some energy though.

Ugh..I sooo feel for you! That reflux is just awful! I really hope you can get that thing out of you SOONER THAN LATER!!!!! I'm 8 days post op and my recovery has been fantastic!! I've had no pain from the incisions or gas, easily tolerating fluids and have great energy. This is already a hundred million times better than the band! I really hope you get some relief soon :)

Reflux has subsided but I still can't comfortably eat solids. I can feel that I'm too swollen, as weird as it is to feel something.

(Banded or formerly banded people, you know that "whoosh" of cold you get when a cold drink passes thru? I've always gotten a tickle outo f that feeling. It may be the one ting I really miss. But right now it's more like a lukewarm "whoosh" because it's taking so long it's warming up).

I never really subscribed to the NSAID restriction. NSAIDS pose a risk for everyone, and if my ibuprofen is sitting there long enough to cause problems, then I have bigger things to worry about.

Unfortunately I won't be losing any weight, because I can get down Starbucks & QT's frozen cappuccinos just fine, and it's 100 degrees out and they're far too tempting right now. It's easy to self-justify a Venti iced green tea latte when it's also your meal!

OH geeze Wheetsin. Sorry to hear what you're going through. I've not had the pleasure of such a test yet and hopefully will get by without one, but who knows what's coming for me.

Thanks for the heads up, I'm trying to get my EGD scheduled now for my (hope) revision

Can you really not drive after it's done? I may have to take a taxi because there's no way I could get a ride.

You can't just get in a taxi and go home after the procedure.....unless there is someone there to ride with you....they are going ask if there is someone who can help you make decisions.....that's because you will feel groggy and loopy afterwards...

Ask the doctor's office. My scheduler was planning on driving me until my friend's husband decided to take off work. It would have been my only way to get surgery.

Had revision 3/30 it is an awesome feeling to b rid of Band!