Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Eating too much or what?

I officially start solid foods tomorrow.. **YYAAAYYY** .. the last week or so i have been doing soft foods.. cheese, hummus, yogurt, cream cheese/turkey.. that sorta thing. I think I am eating too much. I have not had any issues with the weight loss really other than the famous 3-4th week stall .. but I can eat more than 1/4 cup! Example..dinner was a spoon of Hummus, 1 melba toast, and 1 colby jack cheese stick. That seems like A WHOLE FREAKIN LOT!

Dont get me wrong.. I am not hungry after all this.. I am full and I know that Im full because I get the burp.. so I know Im done. It just seems like too much :/

Does anyone else experience being full.. maybe not even quite "full" but satisfied.. then in 2 hrs you feel like you could eat again?

Insight please :)

P.S. I can start working out next week! SUPER HAPPY!!!

I can eat about a 1/2 a cup at a meal and feel satisfied, then get hungry after about 2 and 1/2 hours; and I'm on my 13th day of my first stall. My NUT said to eat 3 meals and 2 Snacks a day...I've added an extra Protein snack to keep the hunger away.

Hey Tamz,

I was sleeved on 6-6 so we are really close. I have found that I can eat a lot more food than a lot of other people can too. I've been on solids for a couple of weeks now, but I can eat a good 4 ounces of food, and often I will need to eat again in a couple of hours because I get hungry again. I probably average 800 - 1000 calories in a day! At first it freaked me out, but I'm still losing, so I must be doing okay. An example of Breakfast for me is 1/2 slice of sour dough toast with butter and a piece of turkey bologna or something like that. lunch was about 1/2 cup of egg custard, and two hours later i had three pieces of sliced colby cheese. I then drank 1/4 of a Protein shake on the way home for some extra Protein since I still struggle getting it all in. For some reason I've been on a toast kick and seem to crave that piece of sourdough every morning...It's so delicious to me I just can't help myself....lol

I officially start solid foods tomorrow.. **YYAAAYYY** .. the last week or so i have been doing soft foods.. cheese, hummus, yogurt, cream cheese/turkey.. that sorta thing. I think I am eating too much. I have not had any issues with the weight loss really other than the famous 3-4th week stall .. but I can eat more than 1/4 cup! Example..dinner was a spoon of Hummus, 1 melba toast, and 1 colby jack cheese stick. That seems like A WHOLE FREAKIN LOT!

Dont get me wrong.. I am not hungry after all this.. I am full and I know that Im full because I get the burp.. so I know Im done. It just seems like too much :/

Does anyone else experience being full.. maybe not even quite "full" but satisfied.. then in 2 hrs you feel like you could eat again?

Insight please :)

P.S. I can start working out next week! SUPER HAPPY!!!

Hi Tamz! No your not eating too much. . . just keep following the advise given to you by your doctor. . .your going to be fine. . . do you feel like your eating too much? If not that is good than keep it up. . . if your uncomfortably full then cut back a bit. . . good luck!!!!

Are you sure it is hunger? I have not had hunger since the day of my surgery. Are you on acid inhibitors? Sometimes there is a pang from acid that can feel like hunger. Many VSG peeps lose their hunger since ghrelin is no longer produced- ad I feel for you who still have hunger! When I think I am hungry- usually from smelling something nummy (the apartment house down the street perpetually has barbecued burgers and steak cooking- I swear!) or seeing something- I stop and ask myself- are you truly hungry?The answer is always no- I do not get hungry and have to actually remember to eat. Check into the antiacid.

Also- all of our sleeves are different in capacity depending on our surgeons. Mine is VERY conservative- uses a small bougie and stitches close to the guide. I am pressed to fit 1/4 cup. Honestly I am jealous if you can eat more! It is so restrictive to eat Protein and rarely have room for vegies and fruit. I just can;t fit much in and rarely go over 600-700 calories.

Be glad you can fit a bit more, log your food to keep track, and rock those sleeves!