Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Just looking for comparison

After eating, when are you hungry again? I'm talking belly growling, feeling like you need to eat something, not just the "I want to eat b/c I'm bored"

I'm finding I eat about 250cal for Breakfast, then 2 hours later my belly is growling. I try to make it wait another hour and then eat about 100 calories. About 2 hours later I'll eat lunch which is about 300 calories. About 2 hours again, I'm hungry. It's now about 3:30 and I have to wait until 4-ish for dinner. I eat another 300-ish calories and then at 7, I'm hungry again. I'll have a snacking throughout 7-10p of about 200 calories. I then walk a mile and burn about 300 calories. I might or might not eat a few slices of cucumbers or a slice of cheese right before bed.

I'm just wondering if anybody else finds themselves hungry frequently. It's nothing like the ravenous hunger I had before surgery, but it's a gnawing that feels like it could turn ugly. :rolleyes:

ME!!!

I too am hungry like that! I find that my hunger is just about the same as it was before surgery and it DRIVES ME INSANE!!

My dr. said false hunger is a myth and there is not any scientific evidence to back this theory up and I do take my PPI everyday. I do not have head hunger, my stomach growles and LOUD most of the day. It is FRIGGEN annoying!

Yesterday was a good day, I was not hungry at all and probably only at 400 caloires all day. I wish all days were like that. It felt nice not to have that feeling all day long, but today it is back!

I am a little over 9 weeks out and I keep hoping that ONE DAY it will stop! :(

Kelly

No, I do not use either.

Kelly

Are any of you using the pill or depo injections for contraception? They increase hunger and depo increases Fluid retention, so you may want to re-think your birth control if you're on it.

Oh dear, may be it'll help the other 2. Some VSGers just don't lose their hunger. It appears to be a bigger problem among GPSers though - me included! angry.gif

No, I do not use either.

Kelly

strange, this is exactly what is happening to me since I quit smoking on 2 march this year. I am not sure what to do.

Never felt hungry before but now it is killing me.... :(

Today I had a bad day. Hungry hungry hungry and ate like 2000 cals and I am still hungry

I am upset, I have 3 years since my VSG. I am so afraid not to go back.

Do you feel hungry every day? Are your carbs low and your Protein high enough? I ask because a week before my tom I feel hungry, then I end up eating to many carbs which makes me more hungry. I realize that during that time I need to increase my protein and stay away from all carbs. This helps me, also it took me 5 months before I stopped feeling hungry. Good luck!

i am only 9 weeks out, so i still have hope that my hunger will cease!

i have not eaten carbs since before surgery. i mean, i have had fruit, but not bread, rice, Pasta..etc. i have not eaten sweets or really any veggies. i have had a few bites of cucumber and that was about it. i am not allowed raw veggies yet and really don't have room for much after Protein is in!

Kelly ;)

It's tough when you're on liquids only, so hopefully things will get better for you when you're allowed some real food.

aww bless ya

I'm just one week today since surgery, and I'm feeling hungry from time to time... I keep wanting to eat properly, and feel I could absolutely devour a full portion of take away... however, I'm determined to do this properly and abide by the instructions from the nutritionalist and surgeon! I'm just hoping that when I am allowed to eat again, the chewing before swallowing and small portions help to stop me being hungry, but I plan on having five or six meals a day. biggrin.gif

strange, this is exactly what is happening to me since I quit smoking on 2 march this year. I am not sure what to do.

Never felt hungry before but now it is killing me.... :(

Today I had a bad day. Hungry hungry hungry and ate like 2000 cals and I am still hungry

I am upset, I have 3 years since my VSG. I am so afraid not to go back.

Im feeling for you! I have read that it is between years 3-6 where people have the most weight gain. Hang in there! Does Protein first help you? How many cups of food can you eat at one setting at this time? Still drinking all your Water? Good luck....I am only at 6 months, and can eat about twice as much as in the beginning...

Hmm... I hadn't noticed aoa's post first time. The DSers over on OH are reporting that once they're a couple of years out they can eat pretty much what they did pre-op and they suffer if they have too many carbs (so it's incentive to try and keep the carbs low). Most of them once they're eating normal quantities credit the malabsorption with their weight maintenance.

I guess VSG is newer procedure than the DS so we haven't got as many vets on here. mellow.gif

Im feeling for you! I have read that it is between years 3-6 where people have the most weight gain. Hang in there! Does Protein first help you? How many cups of food can you eat at one setting at this time? Still drinking all your Water? Good luck....I am only at 6 months, and can eat about twice as much as in the beginning...

Thanks for replies guys. I am pretty sure I do something wrong. Yesterday, I count all the calories and stuff and seems that I ate around 1800 calories, carbo 128.5 gr, Proteins 98.4 gr.

And no, I don`t feel hungry every day like yesterday. All started once I quit smoking. I started to crave for sweets, fruits and anything that is food. Not to mention about chocolate and bubble gums.

Seems that I need to stop eat carbs and go on Protein as your advices says.

The latest analyses told that I have a Vitamin D(under min) and B12 low(close to min).

After the surgery, I didn`t took any Vitamins or pills in any way. I remember 3 years ago I went to doctor and he gave me some crap Vitamins witch made me hungry. I stopped taking those and the hungry was gone. In fact,

Now I take vit D, B12 sublingual, acid folic, magnesium, Iron, Calcium citrate and Centrum Advanced and probiotic from Puritans pride.

As you can see I ate around 130 carbs daily and I think this is where I did the big mistake. The Protein is lower than carbs. I need to change that.

Also I will stop using Centrum in the morning because I am afraid not to have this hungry for it too.

So, thanks to my best friend and you guys, I am going to change this for next days and come back to tell you if it worked.

If you have any advices, I am open.

Thanks

You quit smoking... that's gotta be tough. I've never smoked, but I'm sure that's making things 10 times harder. Maybe you could try some SF gum. I know that's kind of a no no for people that have had WLS, but you could just try for a day and see what difference it makes. If you find you swallow a lot of air you'd have to re-consider, but I think gum is a bit like the straw debate and I think it's more down to personal choice at the end of the day. HTH.

Thanks for replies guys. I am pretty sure I do something wrong. Yesterday, I count all the calories and stuff and seems that I ate around 1800 calories, carbo 128.5 gr, Proteins 98.4 gr.

And no, I don`t feel hungry every day like yesterday. All started once I quit smoking. I started to crave for sweets, fruits and anything that is food. Not to mention about chocolate and bubble gums.

Seems that I need to stop eat carbs and go on Protein as your advices says.

The latest analyses told that I have a Vitamin D(under min) and B12 low(close to min).

After the surgery, I didn`t took any Vitamins or pills in any way. I remember 3 years ago I went to doctor and he gave me some crap Vitamins witch made me hungry. I stopped taking those and the hungry was gone. In fact,

Now I take vit D, B12 sublingual, acid folic, magnesium, Iron, calcium citrate and Centrum Advanced and probiotic from Puritans pride.

As you can see I ate around 130 carbs daily and I think this is where I did the big mistake. The Protein is lower than carbs. I need to change that.

Also I will stop using Centrum in the morning because I am afraid not to have this hungry for it too.

So, thanks to my best friend and you guys, I am going to change this for next days and come back to tell you if it worked.

If you have any advices, I am open.

Thanks