Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have been just browsing around this site reading people stories for about a week or so, I figured it's about time I introduced myself. :)

Hello all,

My name is Lily and I am a 19 almost 20 year old college student. I go to FAU in Boca Raton, Fl, and my surgeon is Dr. Domkowski from Sebastian River Medical Center. I am so happy too hear all of you have had so much success.

My surgery date is September 20th and I am so excited to get my new life started. I am young, in college, and ready to get my self-esteem back. As many say, these are supposed to be the best years of my life.

I am 5'8, 266lbs. My goal weight is 140ish. If any of you are around my age, height, and weight I would love to hear your stories. Also, I would love to hear tips for success from all you who are already sleeved.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! :)

Welcome to VST Lily! I think you will love it on this board. So many inspiring stories and terrific advice from fabulous fellow sleevers! And how great that you are having this done so young. I so wished that this was around when I was your age. It will be life changing and make for a better more fulfilled life for you! Congrats on making the decision and good luck to you on this journey! September 20th will be here before you know it! :D

Welcome to VST Lily! I think you will love it on this board. So many inspiring stories and terrific advice from fabulous fellow sleevers! And how great that you are having this done so young. I so wished that this was around when I was your age. It will be life changing and make for a better more fulfilled life for you! Congrats on making the decision and good luck to you on this journey! September 20th will be here before you know it! :D

Thanks so much sunnyd! :)

I love all the advice and stories that have been posted. I am so glad I am getting this done when i am you too. I have my whole life to live.

I am so excited for September 20th!

Welcome Lily!

You will find answers to all of your questions here and if you don't just ask! Everyone is so nice and helpful and NEVER judgemental!!

How lucky are you to be doing this at such a young age??? I wish I could have done this at 20!! Good for you!! :)

Keep us posted on your journey! And good luck!

Kelly

Hey lady!

Welcome, I love having another young Floridian join the board! It is awesome to have you. I will also be a September sleever if all things work out right. I am from Tampa, Fl and I will starting up school there in the fall. I am sure this is going to be quite the journey for both of us, having this surgery in the beginning of the school year, but we will both get through it and be better for it!

hey lily! im jaz.

im 22 yrs old. i have a bmi of 46.6 and i just started my process of getting sleeved. welcome to the site and congrats on your date!!! keep us posted on how everything goes :)

I have been just browsing around this site reading people stories for about a week or so, I figured it's about time I introduced myself. :)

Hello all,

My name is Lily and I am a 19 almost 20 year old college student. I go to FAU in Boca Raton, Fl, and my surgeon is Dr. Domkowski from Sebastian River Medical Center. I am so happy too hear all of you have had so much success.

My surgery date is September 20th and I am so excited to get my new life started. I am young, in college, and ready to get my self-esteem back. As many say, these are supposed to be the best years of my life.

I am 5'8, 266lbs. My goal weight is 140ish. If any of you are around my age, height, and weight I would love to hear your stories. Also, I would love to hear tips for success from all you who are already sleeved.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! :)

Hey Lily!

Welcome to VST. What more can I say that hasnt been said already? I've had so many anxieties and fears calmed from reading the posts on this site and I'm sure it will be just as helpful to you too. I'm learning that there's truckloads of info available to us - I havent even looked into the recipes section yet, but it's great to know that when I am at that point of this process, I can just click into that forum and find just what I need.

Feel free to post anything, you're bound to have someone chime in and give you some encouraging, and positive advice/info.

Hi Lily;

Our stats are similar, minus the age difference and a minor weight difference. You are going to love the sleeve! The sleeve is a miracle, I can not say enough good things about it. Question, are you having surgery while you are in school?

My tip, read General Surgery discussion/what you will need for surgery. Being prepared is the best thing you can do. Read, read more and then ask questions by posting. Not everyones answers are the same. Surgeons do things a little differently so advice might be slightly different.

I would say my only regret is not having done this earlier. You are smart to take charge NOW, not later. Feel free to ask any questions, we are here to cheer you on.