Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

That's fantastic, Argon. Refunds are always nice. Now that I am retired I don't see them anymore. *sob* But on the other hand I get to do what I do best: be an ageing slacker.

Oh, I got my refund months ago... I did my taxes online the 1st day I was able to eFile them! They just RECENTLY wanted to 'review' my claim.

But yes... I got a pretty good refund. $3000-ish. Unfortunetly I'll never know if it was because of my medical expenses, or the tuition I've paid. I should/would have got that same amount back if I'd not even claimed my surgery.

I tried not to claim my tuition, and save it for another year, but they 'adjusted' it for me and claimed my tuition, which didn't change the amount I got, but lowered the amount of tuition credit I'm allowed to claim in coming years! Damnit!

I need to take picture soon... it's been a year and 7 months! I missed 18 months.. oh well.

I tried not to claim my tuition, and save it for another year, but they 'adjusted' it for me and claimed my tuition, which didn't change the amount I got, but lowered the amount of tuition credit I'm allowed to claim in coming years! Damnit!

Too bad about the education credits. You may want to look into getting an accountant to refile for you again and see if you can get those credits back. They come in really handy down the road if you start to make more money.

What did they call the suregery when you submitted it. I am in a fight with Blue Cross (BC) right now.

Basically, I have about $1200 in health spending credits. BC tells me that the CRA determines what is eligible for me to use my helath spending credits for. If it is tax dedeucatable, then it should be eligible for my health spending account. We are going around on this one. I am hoping to get back an additional $1200 for my surgery. That would make it pretty cheap.

Andrew

I know I got a tax break for my surgery but the accountant figured it out for me. I've been using an accountant for many years now - I rent out my basement flat - and he is surprisingly inexpensive. I pay more for his services than my mate does because my tax work is more elaborate but it sure is wonderful having someone else do it. :) I am very, very blonde when it comes to numbers..... :( They e-file and then send you the hard copy to sign along with their bill. Tax time is so easy now for Green! :D

I know I got a tax break for my surgery but the accountant figured it out for me. I've been using an accountant for many years now - I rent out my basement flat - and he is surprisingly inexpensive. I pay more for his services than my mate does because my tax work is more elaborate but it sure is wonderful having someone else do it. :) I am very, very blonde when it comes to numbers..... :( They e-file and then send you the hard copy to sign along with their bill. Tax time is so easy now for Green! :D

Totally agreed. The money spent on my accountant, who is pretty reasonable is made back in aditional deductions he finds for me. Plus the ability to talk to him about tax planning in invaluable.

Accountants are not that expensive. My guy does my business taxes, and personal taxes for both my wife & I for about $325 each year. I think I should almost pay him more because he saves me at least triple that each year.

Andrew

Wow! His prices are real good compared to my accountant's!!! I am now green with envy....

Argon, way to go girl less than 10 lbs. to go :whoo::whoo::whoo:

I should have been close to goal also, but that has been put on hold for a while. I need a fill badly but the dr's dont me to lose any more weight right now, they weigh me every month at the hospital when i go for my check up, i feel like i am on the biggest loser when i step on that big scale :) too bad i cannot have those big losses.

I am starting to feel a lot stronger now, so after my next round of tests i am hoping for the green light to start losing again. I will be at Dr Coburn's office so fast for my fill. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Will you make goal by Christmas Argon?, i think you can do it, a nice present to give yourself.

Maria :confused:

Wow! His prices are real good compared to my accountant's!!! I am now green with envy....

Haha

So whitty, Green.

Andrew

Hey Maria, thank you!

Don't you worry, you've got enough to worry about without your weight being another thing. Are you still losing, even if it is slowly? Keep us updated when you do get the green light!

I sure hope I can be at goal by Xmas. I was kinda hoping for it to be by my birthday (end of this month), but I dunno about that! If I can at least get there by Xmas I'll be happy. I remember last Christmas, being so close to 100lbs lost, and really just wanting to be here already so I could stop feeling so pressured to get to 100lbs lost!

I just took a trip down memory lane and read some old posts from last Christmas... I was down 90lbs at Xmas, not 100! Sooo... 43lbs in the last 10 months? whooosh... sloooow. I guess that's about a 1lb a week!

Like I said a little while ago. I'm not just recording my Wed. weight anymore. If it's good, I'm taking it and keeping it until I weigh in again LESS than it, and today, IT was 148! :faint: :faint: :faint:

:whoo::whoo: Mandi only 6 more lbs to go. I remember last Christmas also, that was a trip down memory lane, not too many of the old time bandsters posting any more. But we are still here :hug:

Maria :)

Way to go Mandi!!

Congratulations to you, Argon, to you, Donna D, and to you, Lisa in TO. You all are now a bunch of little skinny pants! And this is absolutely fab. :girl_hug:ies from Green. I am still crawling around the house trying to recover from a) the aftershock of the facelift and :P the cold from Hell!!!!!! I must say that the face and neck do look really snazzy but this has been the toughest thing, physically speaking, that I have ever put myself through. Ouch! Of course I do have the pain threshhold of a man. On the other hand, while it takes me months to recover from a simple cold I usually do bounce back from surgery very quickly.

Once again, big congrats and hugs. :biggrin1: