Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Puree stage

Hey Losers,

I start my puree stage on the 4th July. Does anyone have any ideas or recipes for me. Anything will help no matter how small. I just know I will run out of ideas for the month and I dont want to eat the same thing over and over. Thanks :D

Melissa

Hey Melissa:

I found that I relied on a few foods kind of over and over, because that's what my sleeve liked. For purees, you can go with blended Soups, mashed potatoes, refried Beans with cheese (yum), meat zapped with some gravy or broth to make it soft, yogurt, oatmeal, cottage cheese (blended at first), applesauce, and I know some people go with tuna salad or chicken salad (which I couldn't tolerate), and I love pimento cheese and Peanut Butter (which I ate with a teaspoon). If you enjoy cooking, you can take a basic set of ingredients, like cooked chicken and mayo, and vary the flavor using herbs and spices... Ooh, another thing I really liked was mashing up some cooked hamburger meat (soft cooked) into a little mashed potato--when all you're getting are sweet Protein Shakes, it's divine. You'll probably be surprised by how little you actually will eat, so you might plan on having leftovers; if you keep things simple when you make them, or purchase "builder" items, you can combine them in whatever way sounds good at the time you're ready to eat. Hope that made sense--!! Best wishes to you!

I loved eating hummus. And I would top my chicken with guacamole to make it even softer.

I'm pretty much eating greek yogurt, cream of wheat, or mashed potatoes. My sleeve is still iffy on refried Beans so I only eat them when I'm dying for the flavor (beans are a favorite food of mine). My sleeve isn't sure about applesauce so I've only had a couple of spoonfuls. Greek yogurt is my sleeve's absolute favorite. Luckily it's a favorite of mine too. :)

Interesting thing about the Greek Yogurt. Before I had the surgery I absolutely loved the Greek Yogurt. So I stocked up on it. After the surgery the one thing that I really do not like is the Greek Yogurt. For some reason it just doesn't taste right to me now. Everything else I have tried I have not had a problem with and tastes just right except for the Greek Yogurt. After the two weeks of liquids I never had any problem finding foods I could eat. If it is dry I make sure and "juice" it up so that it isn't dry. I have eaten all of the above mentioned items without any problem. When we go out I either eat some of my husbands food, order an egg and bean taquito OR have Soup. I really LOVE my sleeve. :rolleyes:

Thx everyone!! I am so excited to start purees because full liquids ended up being like my clear liquid stage. I am just ready to start eating kind of normal with my family. Good luck to everyone with your weight loss and journey to a healthier you!

Melissa :rolleyes:

I start full liquids and purees on Tuesday. I have a grocery list and am going shopping Monday evening.

Hummus, salsa, guacamole, tuna pouches, canned crab, light mayo, greek yogurt, fat free yogurt, refried Beans, ricotta, shredded cheddar, Soups, cottage cheese, eggs, grits, laughing cow, soft brie, pizza sauce

I know, grits are bad, but I figure I'm eating so little, I can have a small amount, right? Hmmm... I haven't had them in years, but it sounds SO good right now. I may rethink that, but I figured, keep 2 packs and give the rest to someone else.

Anyway, I won't buy canned chicken or beef or anything, so hubby will make some for me to puree up into chicken salad and stuff like that.

I'm in the full liquids stage which means that I can have anything pureed that will go through a straw except meat...not supposed to push the meats because I was told that it's hard on the digestive system so soon out of surgery. I've had pureed raviolis (yes, it does have meat...I didn't have a problem with it but it didn't taste very good pureed) <_< and bean and bacon Soup (yum). Also, my husband took potato soup, a little Rotel, and a little sour cream...pureed it..added Water to thin it out....Yum! Also, black Beans, chicken broth, salsa, and sour cream .... oh and my husband heated 2 eggs in it to add Protein (can't tell there are eggs in it)...pureed....of course, add water until it is thin enough....really yummy! Just some ideas! I'm sure my husband will continue to experiment. If he comes up with more, I'll let you all know. :rolleyes:

Try EggFace's Ricotta Bake. It is awesome!

http://theworldaccor...e.blogspot.com/

I definitely agree on this ;) It makes you feel like you're having lasagna!

I started pureed foods today. I am 7 days post op. I had Wendys chili pureed, and it was so yummy! Then I had turkey pureed with gravy, and mashed potatoes....yum! then I had some peaches, they were super soft in 100% juice so i just chewed them up good. I ate about 1/4 cup at each meal and it went really well. It just feels so good to eat! LOL good luck with your puree's! I am going to keep experimenting and will let you know if I find something yummy. I'm going to make chicken salad tomorrow.

Ok, I'm suppose to be on full liquids for 3 weeks, then soft foods. Not really a pureed stage. In my first three weeks there is a list of foods, very basic foods that I can have.....only if they go through a strainer. No yogurt, no Jello, no pudding. Everything has to be able to flow through a strainer.

I've got a call in to my Nut to see if I can do some of the above mentioned if they are thin enough to flow through the strainer.

would love more ideas on the full liquids.

pureed foods are also referred to as mushies; these are foods that you really don't have to chew, like they've been pureed in a blender.

Soft foods have not been pureed, mushed, or blendarized. Think well cooked vegetable or chicken tenders, peaches, cottage cheese, etc...