Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My story... thus far a 19 month journey that's just beginning!

So! I am Sarah, and I have been working out and dieting for 19 months. Just getitng that part out of the way.

What you may want to know is how much I started out at! Well that's a scary number, but we've all been in places where we hated our numbers, and I"m sure you won't judge.

I started my weight loss journey 19 months ago weighing 396 pounds.

Phew! That's a lot right? I was HUGE

How much do I weigh now, you ask?

As of this morning ( Lost another pound yesterday lol) 306!!!! 90 POUNDS GONE!!!

So! You are probably wondering why in the heck I would want to do surgery if I've already lost that much!?!?! Yeah.... I haven't lost any weight for the last two months until yesterday. I was stuck for TWO MONTHS... so I need help.

Anyone who needs help, should get it!

Unfortunately, my 19 months of diet and exercise wasn't supervised by my dr, soooooo it doesn't count towards my insurances requirements, I will be on this diet/exercise journey for another 6 months, which I am ok with. :)

Thanks for the read, and I will probably update you as I go along! If you want to see my VLOG you can head over to Youtube.com and search for Bellanoctumn, only one video for now, I'll be adding another one tonight though.

Thanks again!! <3

Sarah

BRAVO! My hat is off to you for making 19 months and your willingness to keep going. You are gonna do great. Nice to meet you Sarah and I look forward to hearing how things go. Best of luck to you.

That is amazing! You will do great with WLS because you will already have good habits in place! You have much to be proud of, it's hard to lose weight, especially 90 pounds!!

What a positive attitude you have. I'm so impressed with your "GO GET'EM CONFIDENCE"

Your absolutely going to make this happen, and even tho your insurance will make you diet for another six months O-WELL.

I LOVE YOU TUDE. (attitude) :)

Hi Sarah, welcome to VST :)

There is nothing at all wrong with recognizing we need help. I did the same thing, as I started at 330+ Lbs and tried to lose it on my own at first. I waited 2 years of bouncing between 280 to 300 Lbs before I actually considered having surgery to get me to where I needed to be. I started with the Lap Band. However that didn't work out for me as I'd hoped so I ended up revising to the VSG. Best. Decision. Ever. I'm sure it will be for you too!!

Hang in there, if it one thing I know helped with what I know today is that what the 6 month supervised diet does is it really prepares you for this. You will learn a lot as far as nutrition and calorie burning. All this is incredibly essential in creating and sculpting a healthy and fit body for the rest of our lives.

All the best, and I look forward to watching your journey!!

So! I am Sarah, and I have been working out and dieting for 19 months. Just getitng that part out of the way.

What you may want to know is how much I started out at! Well that's a scary number, but we've all been in places where we hated our numbers, and I"m sure you won't judge.

I started my weight loss journey 19 months ago weighing 396 pounds.

Phew! That's a lot right? I was HUGE

How much do I weigh now, you ask?

As of this morning ( Lost another pound yesterday lol) 306!!!! 90 POUNDS GONE!!!

So! You are probably wondering why in the heck I would want to do surgery if I've already lost that much!?!?! Yeah.... I haven't lost any weight for the last two months until yesterday. I was stuck for TWO MONTHS... so I need help.

Anyone who needs help, should get it!

Unfortunately, my 19 months of diet and exercise wasn't supervised by my dr, soooooo it doesn't count towards my insurances requirements, I will be on this diet/exercise journey for another 6 months, which I am ok with. :)

Thanks for the read, and I will probably update you as I go along! If you want to see my VLOG you can head over to Youtube.com and search for Bellanoctumn, only one video for now, I'll be adding another one tonight though.

Thanks again!! <3

Sarah

Wow you are an incredible strong woman! I salute you my dear! No, never worry about posting stuff here, we are a good group of people and all of us have been there. . . we know whats its like and it's not fun. . . I am so proud of you! You are going to do so well with your sleeve. Doing this alone is very very tough! Please keep us updated and know we are all here for you to listen to, rant at, and just be there . . . a very big welcome to you!

Hi Sarah, thanks for sharing your story here. I think you have done a tremendous job already and I congratulate you on your huge loss! That kind of work takes such determination that I know you will do fine after surgery!

You said that we were probably wondering why you would opt for surgery, but the truth is, we have all lost loads of weight, over and over and OVER again. The hard part, and the part we can't seem to master, is the keeping it off. Maintenance is the tricky part. I know I never could manage it for long.

That's too bad about the 19 months not counting towards your supervised dieting. But, hey, you are an old pro at it now. It should be a breeze!!

So, yeah, we understand for sure! Glad you decided to come here and I look forward to any updates you have.smile.gif

Welcome Sarah! I am so amazed and inspired by your weight loss. You have done such an amazing job. I hope to lose 30 lbs by the end of my 6 month weight loss, and I will be so happy if I do. You can totally get through the 6 months no problem. I am 5 months in, and it is really starting to go quickly now. I hope you can learn a lot from the people here on the forum and get all your questions answered. Good luck!

Such an inspirational story! You are gonna do so well with your sleeve. Welcome and I hope to read more posts from you :) Congrats on your weighloss so far!!!

Thank you all so much! your words mean a lot to me! I am so excited to have my consultation on july 15th! :D I will probably post more at that time, once they give me a bunch of information to digest.

Welcome sarah:

You will find here that the need to explain and defend your action or reasons for surgery are not needed. We are all on this journey and for the first time like many of us u may find here a group of people who really really get it! Good job so far. And GodSpeed on this journey

Wow, Sarah! Great job! I am also Sarah!

Even though we are all at different weights on this board each one of us can understand why you want to have this surgery! You will do great with the sleeve, you have already proven that by losing so much weight. The sleeve will be a tool to help you finish your weight loss.

Keep us posted!:D

Welcome to VSG! You are in the right place- a non-judgemental place that is! I understand about being hesitant to talk about your highest weight. My highest was last November at 417. WOW! I was down to 354 at surgery and now am at 300. Can't wait to see a 2 as the first number soon. You have done FABULOUS already on your own. CONGRATS to you! Too bad those months don't count towards the supervised diet. But it will help you get to a lower weight at surgery, which means a safer surgery. Good luck to you as you continue on! You are at a great place for advice and support! I look forward to your updates! :D