Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

These food dreams are torture

So last night I dreamed I popped a peanut M&M in my mouth and chewed it, then remembered I had surgery and woke up freaking out thinking I was eating in my sleep. The dream was SOOOOO real. I've had a few dreams like this since surgery (I'm 13 days post op). Has this happened to anyone else?

I used to rarely remember when I had a dream, now they are so vivid and so many of them. I wish I could shut my mind off so I can at least sleep without dreaming about food!

Im so glad i am not the only one !

I am also 13days post op ( June 18th) i have had milk with a banana, lasagna, salads with walnuts !!!! All in my dreams.

I hope they go away.....lol.

Ale

Oh wow you are taking me way back here!! Yes, I used to have those vivid dreams where I'd be eating things I darned well shouldn't be. It's ok, these dreams will go away in time. I believe a lot has to do with coming down off anesthesia and pain medications. It stopped for me within a few weeks to a month. :)

Okay, I'm pre-op.. I've got 6 days to go & have been on my liquid diet for about a week now.... I'm ALREADY dreaming about Whoppers w/ cheese! I am sooooo tempted to just go out and get one already... I think knowing that I'll most likely never be able enjoy one quite like I have in the past makes the cravings worse...:(

Good luck with your food dreams......

Wendy

WoW!!! Me too!

I have had pizza, steak, salad and finishing my kids' my plate. It felt so real!!

I quit drinking 13 years ago and still have occasional dreams where I drank, and thought omg, what have I done!!

Thanks for sharing!

I am 8 days post op and have had vivid eating dreams about every other night. I too wake up panicked that I did actually eat the stuff! I think we must be subliminally holding on to old ways but hopefully it will change soon!

No food dreams but I did recently have a dream that I lost all the hair on the top of my head and also a dream that I was trimming my really long toenails. Oh and I've been unusually irregular and have been dreaming about bowel movements.

Not food related but still pretty of odd for me.

Yes I have had food dreams the last two nights. I am 8 days post op. I dreamed I was eating a cheese crisp with jalapenos the first night and boy was it good and last night I dreamt about eating chocolate chip Cookies with walnuts. The dreams felt so real. I told my husband I used to have sex dreams, but I guess food really is better than sex.LOLlaugh.gif

lol I had the funniest dream of soaking in a room full of paradise pie from chilis, next day I had a bite of it and it was so disgusting! didnt taste the same!

The dreams stopped a month ago, they went on just on my first month on, mainly they were about Desserts and fried food:)

now I dream of other things lol, which I hope they will come true soon lol;)

Two days ago I dreamt that I ate an entire pan of banana bread. It was terrible - and I still REALLY want some banana bread. You definitely aren't the only one with food dreams!