Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Official: FitBit Thread

Is it worth the extra money for the force? I'm looking to get one but don't know whether to get the flex or force

Is it worth the extra money for the force? I'm looking to get one but don't know whether to get the flex or force

The clenched for me was that the force could keep track of your stairs climbed. I live in a two story and really wanted to keep track of that too. It's a bit bigger and I'm not quite sure if it's really worth the price difference but then again I've only worn mine for a few hours tonight once it charged and arrived.

that is one thing that I noticed with the Flex but I think instead of counting the stairs your steps are counted in the total steps for the day. I had gotten mine before the Force came out, I have heard it is bigger so it may also depend on whether or not you will wear a watch or other jewelry on the same wrist.

The clenched for me was that the force could keep track of your stairs climbed. I live in a two story and really wanted to keep track of that too. It's a bit bigger and I'm not quite sure if it's really worth the price difference but then again I've only worn mine for a few hours tonight once it charged and arrived.

Without the 50% discount, making it a $15 difference than a $30 difference, I was able to justify the Force better. If I had to pay $30 more for the stairs feature, not sure if I would have done that.

I have fitbit flex and I really like it! Monitors your sleep and steps, I also am on my fitness pal and it syncs well together. I have had it for 2 weeks - I've lost more weight since I've had it. I have a sit-down job and this reminds me that I need to be moving!

I just got the Force!! I still need to sync with Myfitnesspal. I like the the feel of it and I like that it has a display, that the Flex does not have. you can also shower with it and swim. I also like the fact that I can have it on my wrist, clipping to my shirt or my pants would last about one week before I forget to put it on, or lose it!! Here's to finding out if I am as active as I think I am !!! :P

Are you sure you can shower and swim with your force? I don't believe they are Water proof.

From Fitbit website

Your Force is rain-, splash-, and sweat-proof but should be removed before swimming or showering.

Thanks I was told otherwise!! I quess I should go and read more about it!! Although I would probably not wear it in the shower anyway!!!

From Fitbit website

Your Force is rain-, splash-, and sweat-proof but should be removed before swimming or showering.

I have the force and I love it. When I forget it my whole day is blown. I track my foot they my fitness pal which syncs to the fitbit. The calories you burn on ur fitbit cross over to my fitness pal. There are also challenges on the website that keep me motivated. I am part of "7 day steps". It takes your steps from 7 days and ranks u. Then you can taunt or cheer on your friends. It monitors your sleep. It has alarms. I set it for every 1.5 hours so when I am sitting to long it reminds me to get up from my desk and walk a little. Soon to come is that you can sync to ur phone and if u get a call u can see who is calling on ur fitbit force. For $129 you can't beat it!

I have the Fitbit Zip and I wear it every day. Like others have already stated it really keeps me on point to keep up my activity levels. It is small and unobtrusive. I was pleasantly surprised at how accurate it is.

Does anybody know if the calories burned or accurate? I have my fitbit set to a deficit of 750 calories a day. I am pretty active but I am still skeptical when it tells me to eat 16 or 1700 because I was told(like most others) that after surgery I should eat 1200 to maintain. I am 5'11 and 152 pounds. I would like to get to 146 but it not a huge priority. Can I trust the fitbit?

Fitbit is pretty accurate on what I should be consuming. As calories are added during the day due to activity I choose to ignore so that I am still around 1000 calories for the day. The longer you use Fitbit it will begin to adjust to your calories in/out and if you set up your rate of weight loss all will be calculated. I think that just tracking my food has been very helpful.

Good luck!

Does anybody know if the calories burned or accurate? I have my fitbit set to a deficit of 750 calories a day. I am pretty active but I am still skeptical when it tells me to eat 16 or 1700 because I was told(like most others) that after surgery I should eat 1200 to maintain. I am 5'11 and 152 pounds. I would like to get to 146 but it not a huge priority. Can I trust the fitbit?

Hi everyone. I created a community on Fitbit, so we can all have a place to gather. It is at : http://www.fitbit.com/group/229RWC

Come join, if you have a fitbit!

I just joined the fitbit group. Not a sleeve gal, lapband tho. But I just picked up a fitbit today. Hope it works for me.

Feeling disappointed. The fitbit is not syncing right with mfp. I am frustrated. :-(

(and trying not to eat over it)